Home

Classic Teams And 3pt %

This is a discussion on Classic Teams And 3pt % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 10:43 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Classic Teams And 3pt %

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Tim Hardaway is another one.

Funny enough, He was one of the first to start pulling up from 3 on the fast break too.

As far as viewership-

Internet comment sections should never be taken into consideration....for anything really ...

There's nothing the NBA can do to pull that particular section of fans put of their time warp if they don't want to.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That’s on the nba for being a bad product. You have a handful of people who actually analyze games whereas it’s norm in football,hockey, cfb, soccer, etc.

The nba is the reason for nba Twitter and they market their game towards that crowd.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:51 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
That’s on the nba for being a bad product. You have a handful of people who actually analyze games whereas it’s norm in football,hockey, cfb, soccer, etc.

The nba is the reason for nba Twitter and they market their game towards that crowd.
Look up NBA trending topics and it’s all drama, off court gossip, fashion, etc. etc. Very little seriousness about the game itself.

The fact that the league lives in such a shadow to where the most heated topic across the web is still “MJ vs LeBron” instead of LeBron vs someone today is a fail of the league in itself. No other sport gets compared to its own past so much. It’s not the fault of the people who do said comparisons, it’s the fault of the league for taking or allowing steps to get us there.

NFL on the other hand is refreshingly serious about itself still.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #51
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34

Twitter is Twitter.

Pick a topic, that's the nature of the conversation.

Thats why using that as a litmus test is silly...unless there's an agenda attached to it.

I don't watch take shows or check what's trending to complain about them...for what? I stick to the media that talks about the game and the things I'm personally interested in. It's easier to do so than ever.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #52
MVP

NBA Twitter is a DISASTER. The culture the league has cultivated is the most toxic and clownish I’ve seen. None of these kids serious about the game. It’s like a verbal version of 2K’s worse online park games. I’ve seen political comment sections look more respectable.

It’s 100% on the product (NBA) itself.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hasn’t Joel embiid beaten gobert a few times without shooting alot if any threes? And that’s embiid. I couldn’t imagine if gobert had to face Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing or god forbid shaq.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:28 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle45
Hasn’t Joel embiid beaten gobert a few times without shooting alot if any threes?
NBA games aren't 1v1 battles. Embiid doesn't need to take threes. He is generating those looks for his teammates. That wasn't an option 50 years ago.

What the Clippers did vs Gobert in the playoffs (play 5 shooters and no center) is the only way you can really beat him defensively. It is impossible for this strategy to function in the 1960s.

(It should also be noted Gobert/Embiid have matched up a grand total of 6 times - 1% of Gobert's career games. The other 99%? Not every team gets to have a generational talent").

Quote:
I couldn’t imagine if gobert had to face Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing or god forbid shaq.
Ironic that you reference Shaq & Hakeem when these were the first two centers to truly benefit from the 3pt shot. Robert Horry, nuff said.

Embiid is basically the modern Hakeem. Last season he was basically Shaq with a jumper. Patrick Ewing???? Lmao tell me you didn't watch the 90s without telling me you didn't watch the 90s.

90s centers also fall off HARD after the top 5 guys. The average backup center today would absolutely smoke an average 90s starter. Nobody in their right mind is taking Benoit Benjamin, Michael Cage, Mark West, Luc Longley, Felton Spencer, etc etc etc over guys like Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, LaMarcus Aldridge, Montrezl Harrell, or even the ghost of Dwight Howard.

Backup centers 30 years ago were flat-out bums like Chris Dudley & Greg Kite who you could completely ignore on both ends of the court. Enes Kanter and Boban Marjonovic can barely get off the bench today and would be 20/10 guys in most other eras.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 11-29-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
NBA games aren't 1v1 battles. Embiid doesn't need to take threes. He is generating those looks for his teammates. That wasn't an option 50 years ago.

What the Clippers did vs Gobert in the playoffs (play 5 shooters and no center) is the only way you can really beat him defensively. It is impossible for this strategy to function in the 1960s.

(It should also be noted Gobert/Embiid have matched up a grand total of 6 times - 1% of Gobert's career games. The other 99%? Not every team gets to have a generational talent").

Ironic that you reference Shaq & Hakeem when these were the first two centers to truly benefit from the 3pt shot. Robert Horry, nuff said.

Embiid is basically the modern Hakeem. Last season he was basically Shaq with a jumper. Patrick Ewing???? Lmao tell me you didn't watch the 90s without telling me you didn't watch the 90s.

90s centers also fall off HARD after the top 5 guys. The average backup center today would absolutely smoke an average 90s starter. Nobody in their right mind is taking Benoit Benjamin, Michael Cage, Mark West, Luc Longley, Felton Spencer, etc etc etc over guys like Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, LaMarcus Aldridge, Montrezl Harrell, or even the ghost of Dwight Howard.

Backup centers 30 years ago were flat-out bums like Chris Dudley & Greg Kite who you could completely ignore on both ends of the court. Enes Kanter and Boban Marjonovic can barely get off the bench today and would be 20/10 guys in most other eras.
LMAOOOOOO Gobert can’t dominate and averages 14 points against 6’7 centers in a no-touch league where no one clogs the paint. It’s laughable to think he could be competitive in any other era.

And Embiid is the modern Hakeem? My back hurts from the laughter. He was Shaq with a jumper? LOL bruh just stop. You haven’t watched basketball before 2015. Embiid never dealt with clogged paints or anything near the hacks and defense Shaq did.

NBA ain’t even paying you for this comedy routine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #56
MVP

“Backup Centers were bums” as if even starting centers now aside from a small handful are impressive or fractionally tough. You’ve got point guards snatching more rebounds lmao. Jocik is the least athletic center in history and was just MVP. Zubac? Like a blue collar man’s Divac and he starts on an elite team. Forget Hakeem, Ewing and Shaq who have no equals in terms of dominance maybe outside of plumber bod Jokic, but Gobert’s strength being defense ain’t nearly as feared or revered as Mutombo’s.

And I know it’s hard to accept the fact that basketball existed before 100 threes got shot a game, but centers could still kick out back in the day. The game was more multi dimensional so they (gasp) often decided to fight for two points under the rim instead.

Embiid hasn’t a fraction of the dominance or overall capability Shaq did. Entire strategies had to be changed to deal with Shaq. Nevermind his mental state which was vicious while Embiid is a puppy who can’t stay healthy. Crazy how recency bias stans act like the mental and conditioning “attribute” don’t exist anymore. Soft serve NBA culture in a nutshell.

Embiid is a closer comparison to Ewing but hasn’t even reached that level yet nor has played against near as tough defenders, never mind how much of a better defender Ewing is. Patrick would have a field day with todays soft calls and no touch defense. Would ball out in a modern league.

“But he can’t shoot tHrEes [sniffs glue]”

Last edited by AIRJ23; 11-29-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »