Home

NBA 2K22 Patch 1.7 (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) & 1.5 (Xbox One/PS4) Available - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Patch 1.7 (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) & 1.5 (Xbox One/PS4) Available - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-24-2021, 05:04 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K22 Patch 1.7 (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) & 1.5 (Xbox One/PS4) Available - Patch N

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Tommy Edwards, the voice used as the Bulls' PA in 2K22, was also the PA for the Bulls in the late 80's and just a teeny bit into the 90's. He's the one that came up with the idea for the classic Alan Parsons Project intro before Ray Clay came on and emulated it.
Tommy Edwards is only the PA for some of the historic bulls teams in 2K.

Tim Sinclair is the current bulls PA IRL and in the game.

https://twitter.com/timjsinclair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Patch 1.7 (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) & 1.5 (Xbox One/PS4) Available - Patch N

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
And u think they’re gonna have him record every name of every player he’s ever done a game for? Cmon man, this is 2k22 not nba 96, their obligation is to current day not your teenage years

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Then why do they incorporate classic players into the game, on the covers, marketed everywhere, have most PA’s announce EVERY player in the game except for the Bulls announcer who won’t even say Jordan’s name, and give us the ability to put legends on current rosters. It’s a sad state for the NBA when gear and ratings from ’96 smash anything from the league today. 2K clearly makes it clear historic players are just as prioritized as today’s.

I know it’s hard still simping for a game that’s thrown itself into the trash but just admit quality control doesn’t exist in this game. PA’s are supposed to announce every player name. Yet they somehow forgot the GOAT and 6 ring Bulls being announced by the Bulls PA. Ok lol.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #67
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The Kings PA said on Twitter than they went back and recorded all player names, even some of their old calls for former players (i.e Tyreke Evans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Then why do they incorporate classic players into the game, on the covers, marketed everywhere, have most PA’s announce EVERY player in the game except for the Bulls announcer who won’t even say Jordan’s name, and give us the ability to put legends on current rosters. It’s a sad state for the NBA when gear and ratings from ’96 smash anything from the league today. 2K clearly makes it clear historic players are just as prioritized as today’s.

I know it’s hard still simping for a game that’s thrown itself into the trash but just admit quality control doesn’t exist in this game. PA’s are supposed to announce every player name. Yet they somehow forgot the GOAT and 6 ring Bulls being announced by the Bulls PA. Ok lol.
This is assuming what your saying is true...Again, you've constantly said things that are blatantly false...like camera angles supposedly being unavailable for classic team match ups. So the PA isn't saying MJ's name at all?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-25-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #68
MVP

[QUOTE This is assuming what your saying is true...Again, you've constantly said things that are blatantly false...like camera angles supposedly being unavailable for classic team match ups. So the PA isn't saying MJ's name at all?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk[/quote]

U beat me to it, dude has done nothing but spew misinformation and complain since Day 1 🤷🏻*♂️

Old 10-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Ugh? A ton of these PA announcers have been with these teams for decades and still are with em.

False.

A ton? I don’t think so, a lot of the old timers are gone and most are newer PA guys, that job seems to be a revolving door as my Rockets have had 3 or 4 in the last 7 or 8 years

Old 10-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #70
MVP

Re: NBA 2K22 Patch 1.7 (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) & 1.5 (Xbox One/PS4) A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The Kings PA said on Twitter than they went back and recorded all player names, even some of their old calls for former players (i.e Tyreke Evans).

This is assuming what your saying is true...Again, you've constantly said things that are blatantly false...like camera angles supposedly being unavailable for classic team match ups. So the PA isn't saying MJ's name at all?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Camera angles not being available on classic teams isn’t true? Funny cause when I play as the 96 Bulls (in the 96 arena), angles revert from Broadcast back to rail, because Broadcast isn’t available in that arena (Broadcast zoom is).

Yes, if you put MJ, Pippen, Rodman, or even Jamal Murray (e.g random current players), the current Bulls PA won’t say their names. It’ll revert to the generic 2K announcer. Those guys also won’t have their names announced during intros, again it’ll be the generic PA announcer. But for some reason he will say Porzingis’ name.

Even more weird, is how PA’s of other team’s will announce MJ’s name. And they’ll also announce even obscure historic players who never played for their teams. But the Bulls PA won’t announce MJ, Pippen, Rodman, some current players, etc.

This is all speaking of players edited into CURRENT rosters (to use in MyNBA).

So either the Bulls PA didn’t record MJ et al’s names. Or he did and the game glitched. Or just my game is glitched. Which wouldn’t be surprising as my MyNBA file crashed and the new one I started kept crashing at halftime shows. And the team selection screen often is all black. All since the latest patch.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood

U beat me to it, dude has done nothing but spew misinformation and complain since Day 1 ����*♂️

Simp simp simp.

Remember when you were policing me for saying gameplay changed in that first patch? The same first patch a thread was started on the fact that broadcast wasn’t added to MyNBA? 2K SPECIFICALLY said no gameplay changes were made. I stated how members claimed changes were made to the defense. Same thing happened the next update. I said gameplay changes were made and the simp squad chastised me.

How’d that work out for ya? ��

2K still ain’t coming out and admitting they severely changed defense. Guess their word ain’t bond.

Tell us again who’s spewing misinformation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 11:34 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Tommy Edwards is only the PA for some of the historic bulls teams in 2K.

Tim Sinclair is the current bulls PA IRL and in the game.

https://twitter.com/timjsinclair
That’s a nice touch on 2K’s part right there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »