Home

Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

This is a discussion on Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #57
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

After the patch, mine is not turning off game any more.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #58
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdamention
Add me to the list. I have a Series X Console, I have owned this thing about a month and bought it brand new from Microsoft directly.

NBA 2k22 is the only disc game I have owned or played on my system. My TV is not Dolby Vision capable so I do not have that turned on. Building my character was fine, testing my character was fine, doing the G-League games worked fine.

The minute I try to do anything in the neighborhood (Play a Rec Game, Complete Chris Brickley's Shooting Training, or even do the NBA Draft Combine) my system completely shuts down. There are no errors, nothing. It completely turns off and I cannot turn it back on with the controller. The controller light just blinks, I have to manually turn the system on by pressing the button on the system.

I turn the game back on, try again, rinse and repeat.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have done a complete console factory reset (however I kept my apps and games). My game still makes the system turn off.

I cannot build up my character for the draft, I cannot play any of the online modes. This is crazy and an awful experience for a new first time Xbox Owner. I have owned every previous NBA 2k game on PlayStation.

What do we do? Microsoft doesn't seem to have a support ticket system or anything. I have to chat with a virtual agent or get on the phone. How is the best way to get this fixed? They have NBA 2k22 listed as a game having problems on Xbox Technical Support Website, but it only mentions the game crashing you to the dashboard, not the problem of shutting the system down. This is so frustrating.
this is exactly my experience.

are you, by chance, in the xbox insider preview program?
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 09-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's not an Xbox issue though, but I'm going to call BS on the problem happening on the XB1. Also, let's not pretend that the PlayStation didn't have their own issues with games that XBox users don't experience.
pls don't be such a console fanboy and stop spreading misinformations. ps4 and ps5 never turns off consoles especially for nba 2k21 or 22.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:36 PM   #60
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
pls don't be such a console fanboy and stop spreading misinformations. ps4 and ps5 never turns off consoles especially for nba 2k21 or 22.
Let me rephrase my statement, since you clearly misunderstood my comment. So there were NEVER any cross-platform games where PS owners had problems and XB didn't?
Old 09-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #61
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Any specific fan model that you'd recommend?

I don't mind throwing $30 or so at trying solving this problem myself before 2K/Microsoft does.

Honestly I forgot the actual name of the fan but you cant go wrong with whatever you choose... Just read the reviews before you make your purchase..Knock on wood I've been playing 2k Bball all day constantly and no cut-offs yet finger crossed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 12:06 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Honestly I forgot the actual name of the fan but you cant go wrong with whatever you choose... Just read the reviews before you make your purchase..Knock on wood I've been playing 2k Bball all day constantly and no cut-offs yet finger crossed.
Do you have the fan pointing into the box to help cool it down or pointing out, pulling the heat out of the box?
Old 09-13-2021, 01:23 AM   #63
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Go to Amazon and purchase a fan to sit on top of your Xbox series x,, I did and haven't had a problem in months..I think its a usb-c connected also it works well!
You know what? I might go ahead and do that. At the end of the day, there's nothing really wrong with an extra precaution to protect your purchase. I'm trying to use my Best Buy replacement warranty AFTER a new console has been released . At some point in the console lifecycle, we all know that MS will eventually redesign the XBSX.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:29 AM   #64
Rookie

This was a nightmare for me in NBA 2K21.

I'm very disappointed this is still happening. I filled out the ticket but am pessimistic they solve anything because it was never fixed in 2K21. What a rip off. 😔

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »