Home

Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

This is a discussion on Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2021, 01:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's not an Xbox issue though, but I'm going to call BS on the problem happening on the XB1. Also, let's not pretend that the PlayStation didn't have their own issues with games that XBox users don't experience.
Lol bro I only play NBA 2k. Literally it's the only game I play when i pick up a controller. This is real play by play commentary. I only ever played 2k on Xbox for as long as I can remember. I only have PS5 cause my brother bought it for me this year. Low and behold no shut offs for 2k ever. My brother has both PS5 and Xbox series X. 2k only shuts off for Xbox. I'm mad I had to switch over but Xbox trash for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #42
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Shirls
Lol bro I only play NBA 2k. Literally it's the only game I play when i pick up a controller. This is real play by play commentary. I only ever played 2k on Xbox for as long as I can remember. I only have PS5 cause my brother bought it for me this year. Low and behold no shut offs for 2k ever. My brother has both PS5 and Xbox series X. 2k only shuts off for Xbox. I'm mad I had to switch over but Xbox trash for that.
Let me rephrase my comment. I meant that the console is fine overall. Whatever is going on in the programming of NBA 2K, it's causing the console to overheat which causing the console to turn itself off to prevent damage. 2KSports was able to patch it out last year, but looks like it made a return this year.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #43
Rookie

same error; i played with 4k off, hrd10 off , dolby off but it turning off again;
Old 09-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #44
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

The X doesn’t seem to be just 2k though. It’s also happening to some with F1 and Madden.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
The X doesn’t seem to be just 2k though. It’s also happening to some with F1 and Madden.

Yup. I’ll have Madden offline franchise just shut off my entire console. Haven’t tried 2k22 yet….should have stuck with my ps5 preorder, but switched it because LGCeltic is on XBSX…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 2

So it is an overheating issue and it is a problem of Microsoft? Is it a problem of 2k22? Both? To me it only happens online, in Series X and playing 2k21 or 2k22 next gen...
Old 09-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
So it is an overheating issue and it is a problem of Microsoft? Is it a problem of 2k22? Both? To me it only happens online, in Series X and playing 2k21 or 2k22 next gen...
That's the weird thing... It only happens online to me too. Why does it run fine offline and overheat online?

I really hope they find a solution soon.

I tried resetting the console, reinstalling the game, I deactivated 4k, HDR and it happens anyways.

My son plays on a series S with no issues at all.

I encourage all of you with the same issue to open a ticket with 2k support so they are aware that this is happening to a lot of people https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Last edited by setis; 09-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #48
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Indirectly, I think it's going to be a future Microsoft problem. In my mind, Madden, F1, and NBA 2K are possibly exposing a performance issue that's causing the XBSX to overheat quickly and then turn off. Microsoft should be working with those companies behind the scenes to find out the problem, so they possible change the architect and/or components if need to be.

I'm no computer nerd, but isn't overheating basically the CPU/GPU working too hard?

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-11-2021 at 07:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »