Home

Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

This is a discussion on Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #97
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Rob and I were chatting on PSN last night about this sort of stuff. I think we settled on it technically being too easy to use aiming on next gen -- assuming you put in some practice to get it down since timing is also still pretty effective in and of itself (so you get the two bites at the apple). This isn't inherently bad because it shows off the skill gap potential, but it also might just simply be because aiming does not seem get impacted as much by contest percentages as the timing method does.

We both hit stepbacks and some other fun stuff, but his consistency is much higher than mine with just button and no meter. In our second "clean screen" game we both still hit some, but his percentages dipped going to just the no-meter method.

His bigger issue with no meter was he was botching more layups than me in the 2nd game, which might just come down to being a little out of practice with timing with no meter/aim while I felt a little more comfy there than him as of now since I had been using it on next gen a little longer.
1. Shot aiming is the superior and more realistic method of shooting overall in my opinion. Especially inside the 3 point line and around the rim. Making contested layups, running hooks, and floaters is much more realistic with the shot aiming. The meter is way to fast, and leads to a lot of blocked shots, and improperly timed finishes.

2. Perfect release problem will always create shooting issues. I don’t think that shot aiming is “to easy” per say. It was difficult to learn how to aim, and time your my shot at the same time. I also doubt that more then 10 percent of the 2k players will master the stick shooting, so there is definitely a skill gap. HOWEVER, I do not like shooting in the 40’s and 50’s from 3 every game. That is not realistic. Thus, I think the should limit makes on timing to only when the shot meter is “slightly” off. You should not be able to get perfect timing when your aim is no where near the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I don't have a next gen system yet and struck out again tonight but it looks like they tuned aiming to be more forgiving than current gen or more perfect release possible I should say. I say they will probably have to tune the percentages somewhat on next gen for aiming. The dev's really want the game to played with the aiming so they are giving the most reward for using it.

I tried playing no meter aiming on current gen for a few games and it really dropped my percentages.
1. Yes. If people used aiming then 2k would be able to get better numbers to tune shooting. But, as long as everyone is still on the button. I think it may be better to leave things as they currently are.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #98
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Honestly, I commend you guys for using shot aiming. My old man reflexes just couldn't get to grips with it. Between that, and not being able to revert to 2K20 controls is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the game, which is a shame - it looks spectacular. So many amazing animations.

Here's the latest from me on 2K20:

Old 11-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #99
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
1. Shot aiming is the superior and more realistic method of shooting overall in my opinion. Especially inside the 3 point line and around the rim. Making contested layups, running hooks, and floaters is much more realistic with the shot aiming. The meter is way to fast, and leads to a lot of blocked shots, and improperly timed finishes.

2. Perfect release problem will always create shooting issues. I don’t think that shot aiming is “to easy” per say. It was difficult to learn how to aim, and time your my shot at the same time. I also doubt that more then 10 percent of the 2k players will master the stick shooting, so there is definitely a skill gap. HOWEVER, I do not like shooting in the 40’s and 50’s from 3 every game. That is not realistic. Thus, I think the should limit makes on timing to only when the shot meter is “slightly” off. You should not be able to get perfect timing when your aim is no where near the mark.

1. Yes. If people used aiming then 2k would be able to get better numbers to tune shooting. But, as long as everyone is still on the button. I think it may be better to leave things as they currently are.
1. I agree with that, again, I liked aiming around the rim but I just liked camera-relative dribbling and broadcast camera more so made a choice between the two. I think aiming feels better once you get the hang of it when even shooting jumpers too -- it was how I played on current gen before reverting to clean screen on next gen when, again, I changed back to camera relative dribbling.

2. Yes, I've written many thousands of words why green releases are inherently stupid, but I just accept they're not vanishing. And I like that the skill gap is there now for these methods, but I do think the highest level is now just unrealistic because both bites at the apple are possible on every shot once you get comfy with both methods at once. It's by no means easy to get ready to slap a trigger to time it while also aiming, but as someone who got pretty good at it on current gen before they were patching it into the ground, it's relatively "easy" if you get in the lab for a nice chunk of hours.

I don't dislike your recommendation for how to tweak aiming so it's a little more fair at the highest level, but I think if they change anything it will be wholesale just making it harder/easier since 2K generally doesn't tweak things in that more intricate way with a patch.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you guys are looking for some NBA2K simulation 12 min MyNBA gameplay please feel free to check out https://www.twitch.tv/team/usba

We are a full 30 user twitch team always streaming our league games. USBA is looking to expand our brand and provide the best league content.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #101
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
If you guys are looking for some NBA2K simulation 12 min MyNBA gameplay please feel free to check out https://www.twitch.tv/team/usba

We are a full 30 user twitch team always streaming our league games. USBA is looking to expand our brand and provide the best league content.

I enjoyed a few minutes of the stream last night, but moved to the fight. Do you plan on saving streams or starting a YouTube? I’d love to follow along just too busy to catch it live sometimes.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UKNOW
I enjoyed a few minutes of the stream last night, but moved to the fight. Do you plan on saving streams or starting a YouTube? I’d love to follow along just too busy to catch it live sometimes.
Our streams should be saved on twitch. For now we are focusing on Twitch. We will streaming a lot more now since our league teams have been picked. Thanks for the follow, we are always looking to represent the online league community.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #103
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Sim Nation. One of my favorite opponents.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #104
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »