Home

2k Killed the MYGM mode!

This is a discussion on 2k Killed the MYGM mode! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #49
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2k Killed the MYGM mode!

My game crashes every time I go into the MyGM leaderboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2007
Well basically they completely remodeled how the whole system works.

Let's start with customization: Except for 2k18 you were always able to use custom rosters in MyGM, adjust sliders in regards to trade frequency, injuries and also adjust quarter length and whether the stats should be simmed to match 12 minute quarters etc. (NBA 2k18 was different in that it introduced the storyline MyGM mode which prohibited you from customizing the game mode but in 2k19 this was reverted back and you now had a traditional and storyline MyGM mode).

Furthermore you have the whole use of the mode. It used to be basically MyLeague with RPG elements such as team chemistry (players asking for more minutes, coaches and staff giving you tasks or asking you for favours etc.) and staff having badges success with that would lead to a gain in experience points which would then unlock certain benefits such as better facilities which enhanced player attributes or player progression or unlocked "pitches" which were basically things you could throw at staff or players to soften them up. Say a player complained about playing time you could tell him "Time will come" which would not lead to a decrease of his chemistry but to a slight increase in happiness. Or you could tell a player during contract negotiations to take the team discount or "mind trick" him into believing that the contract offered is the contract he would be happy with.

All that might still be in the mode somehow but now you actually need a high chemistry with staff to even access certain gameplay options like game plans, individual training, scouting intel and so on. Before it used to be freely accesssible. You also can still apparently earn advancements through experience however it's capped at level 20, when before it used to be open, so you basically now have to decide which improvements you would like instead of getting a chance to earning them all over time. You also have to spend AP (action points) to actually do anything like talking to players and coaches, setting up a gameplan and so on. Again this used to be freely accessible.

Basically it's now like a mobile game, extremely limited in what you can do, not immersive anymore since your ability to actually influence the product on the floor is severely limited since most of your options are greyed out as you haven't earned enough trust with that particular member of staff. Given that you need AP to actually earn that trust it's basically:

"Okay I need to set up a gameplan for that I need to get the coaches trust, however if I do that I have no chance of setting up scouting trips because I will miss the AP I need to raise the scouts level of trust, however if I do that I won't be able to set up a gameplan or talk to 3 of my players who are pissed off for not getting enough minutes which means I will probably lose the next game because I can't set up a gameplan or get my players to be motivated and on top of that I also can't set up their individual training because the trainer doesn't trust me enough so their developement will suffer."

I hope you get the gist. Basically we want to play full quarters or shorter quarters, we want to be able to customize the mode and we want to be able to access all the options you need to access to run a team. Basically we want MyLeague (without the ability to control every team) with RPG elements back. Nobody knows the reason for this unneccessary change as it's pretty much a mode that is played by people who want a franchise mode with some storyline elements and some interaction not by the online crowd.

The gameplay is definitely worth the buy. It’s a lot smoother and even the visual presentations look better and sharper which I didn’t think was possible considering we are getting to the end of PS4 shelf life.

But MYGM customization is so locked that you can’t even choose the opposing team’s uniforms. So they are either playing in the home white or road color.
I also noticed that while the games that are summed
Must be 12 minute quarters cause they are all 90-115 scoring games. While your 6 minute quarter games you can only score realistically 70-90 consistently. So come award time, your team players stats are way lower than the rest of the league.

I can understand if maybe they ran out of ideas to add to MYGM so this whole leaderboard thing was to spice it up. But I can’t imagine that’s the case. They are money hungry and are solely focused on developing VC driven modes. And I’m sure it won’t be long before a patch comes in where you can buy more AP for VC or something along those lines.
I only play video games / 2K for the reason of playing MYGM and the realism of being a gm and immersing myself into that situation. Even though I’m going to play it, I’m not enjoying it as much as years in the past.

I would of enjoyed even getting features such as maybe trying to secure ESPN/TNT/ABC liscenses and have true showcase National TV games, even if they couldn’t get those liscenses, then making up their own form of different networks and being able to feel the difference between national TV games and regular games. Having variation of crowds depending on performance / spotlight games.
Or even just behind the scene GM stuff, I know this kind of stuff is corny but I think it would be cool.
Maybe being able to secure local TV network contracts. Earning the respect of the fan base, to either bring in a winner or tank and rebuild.
Have legit FA meetings where you are trying to sway big time free agents with your presentations
Or pre season media days
True player drama where maybe superstars cause problems if they want out or demanding to have a certain player on their team
Interviews with local radio or national radio stations
Even just more cutscene or interaction situations

Even if they ran out of “features” to add to MYGM, I would of loved to have more presentation type features that are behind the scene type things a owner/GM would do.

2K use to set the bar for what a franchise mode should be.
But the way i see it, they just dropped themselves back down to equivalent of the show and madden.

As a Baseball fan first, I haven’t bought the Show in 2 years due to how lazy they are with Franchise mode
This may be the last year I buy 2K for the same reason.
A lazy year of development when it comes to MYGM this year
Old 09-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Anyone care to kind of break down the issue? (here or in PM) Not sure if its something that could conceivably be patched or reverted but it's worth a shot. I've never played MyGM but I know who's eyes to get this in front of.
My gm was simply for players who liked offline gaming...you could control everything from how many minutes you wanted to play a quarter...structure your upcoming draft class...edit accessories shoes lineups rotations ticket pricing etc. this was all removed for some leaderboard bull**** to play online...they have this with my league so why mess with my gm...most likely because you can vc offline without paying for it....instead of removing vc they changed the entire aspect of my gm using action points for used days and it’s confusing and stupid if you’re it trying to compete on a leaderboard. Some of us just wants to create our own world Of a league of we as in the buyers and supporters of the game before all of this online cash grab BS! I have literally reboxed the game and haven’t played it because online is for some and I’m one of them. They basically put handcuffs on us to where we have to play the game that we spent OUR hard earned money on the way that the developers want us to. I should be able to do what I want in my gm like the last 10 years without all this point system BS! Patch in the old my gm and stop fn with OGs b!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #52
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6

Sheesh, I already wasnt excited about this game & thought about getting it black Friday.

This being the mode I play the most, maybe I'll just stick to 2k19 reading this thread.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCar15
The gameplay is definitely worth the buy. It’s a lot smoother and even the visual presentations look better and sharper which I didn’t think was possible considering we are getting to the end of PS4 shelf life.

But MYGM customization is so locked that you can’t even choose the opposing team’s uniforms. So they are either playing in the home white or road color.
I also noticed that while the games that are summed
Must be 12 minute quarters cause they are all 90-115 scoring games. While your 6 minute quarter games you can only score realistically 70-90 consistently. So come award time, your team players stats are way lower than the rest of the league.

I can understand if maybe they ran out of ideas to add to MYGM so this whole leaderboard thing was to spice it up. But I can’t imagine that’s the case. They are money hungry and are solely focused on developing VC driven modes. And I’m sure it won’t be long before a patch comes in where you can buy more AP for VC or something along those lines.
I only play video games / 2K for the reason of playing MYGM and the realism of being a gm and immersing myself into that situation. Even though I’m going to play it, I’m not enjoying it as much as years in the past.

I would of enjoyed even getting features such as maybe trying to secure ESPN/TNT/ABC liscenses and have true showcase National TV games, even if they couldn’t get those liscenses, then making up their own form of different networks and being able to feel the difference between national TV games and regular games. Having variation of crowds depending on performance / spotlight games.
Or even just behind the scene GM stuff, I know this kind of stuff is corny but I think it would be cool.
Maybe being able to secure local TV network contracts. Earning the respect of the fan base, to either bring in a winner or tank and rebuild.
Have legit FA meetings where you are trying to sway big time free agents with your presentations
Or pre season media days
True player drama where maybe superstars cause problems if they want out or demanding to have a certain player on their team
Interviews with local radio or national radio stations
Even just more cutscene or interaction situations

Even if they ran out of “features” to add to MYGM, I would of loved to have more presentation type features that are behind the scene type things a owner/GM would do.

2K use to set the bar for what a franchise mode should be.
But the way i see it, they just dropped themselves back down to equivalent of the show and madden.

As a Baseball fan first, I haven’t bought the Show in 2 years due to how lazy they are with Franchise mode
This may be the last year I buy 2K for the same reason.
A lazy year of development when it comes to MYGM this year
This was the best explanation I’ve seen so far good s*** my brother
Old 09-07-2019, 07:48 PM   #54
Rookie

They need to patch in the old my gm I don’t do online if this continues will never purchase 2k ever again simple!!!!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
2k is adding a new mode as well called myplayer nation so adding a traditional MyGM should be possible... I don't care about competing with other people... I just want to sit back and build my team without all of the nonsense... Sure we have myleague but I want to be able to have the RPG aspects because the sandbox nature of MyLeague can get be a little dull and empty at times

If they don’t patch I will not touch this as well idk what they were thinking by removing the traditional my gm...I literally spend hours customizing my whole gm from shoes to accessories...lineups trades all that. I literally put the game back in the box and haven’t touched it since
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #56
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

The cynic in me says this is by design. The mode is literally unplayable, and unless a huge patch addresses the issues then MyGM has no chance to be anything other than an afterthought. 2k probably smiling as this mode dies. Less resources expended on modes that aren’t MyCareer or MyTeam.

Offline simulation is what this game and its user base was founded on. VC sales is the one and only thing that matters and it’s a damn shame.

If Myleague suffers the same fate in future iterations I will quite literally shed a tear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »