Home

2k Killed the MYGM mode!

This is a discussion on 2k Killed the MYGM mode! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #17
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k Killed the MYGM mode!

I don't get it...2K sacrificed MYGM for Multiplayer Leaderboard? Now i'm forced to play MyLeague or nothing....

And NBA2k21? Will there be a mode for offline players or is MYLeague the only remaining offline mode?

This is the fu**ing problem with modern videosportgames... 2K act like EA and forgot the old/loyal fanbase who buyed every years NBA2K....i'm done with 2K

Last edited by Fredette; 09-07-2019 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:29 AM   #18
Rookie

It became necessary to kill the mode to save it.

I don't get it. I really don't. Who exactly asked for this? Which Youtuber even plays MyGM? I mean guys who want to play a franchise online already have my team and everybody else basically plays MyCareer in park so what exactly is the point behind this? This was an offline mode which was already monetized pretty badly if you wanted to buy pitches but now I can't even decide to play full quarters? Wow.

I know this board has a sort of buddy buddy relationship with guys from 2k and saying anything bad about them here gets you banned but how on earth can anybody defend them? They have gambling in the game big time now and now they basically turned a 50 buck product into an MMO because we only have one offline mode left. I'm stunned.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:45 AM   #19
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

Repeat after me:

Making things require online is a BAD IDEA.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:07 AM   #20
MVP

The leaderboard is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve seen in a long time. Reminds me of when EA had leaderboards in Road to Glory. Nobody plays these modes thinking “I’m going to aim for the highest score.”

Are they pulling an EA and trying to crap on any game mode that doesn’t consume VC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 03:15 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The leaderboard is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve seen in a long time. Reminds me of when EA had leaderboards in Road to Glory. Nobody plays these modes thinking “I’m going to aim for the highest score.”

Are they pulling an EA and trying to crap on any game mode that doesn’t consume VC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably. The funny thing is... it did consume VC. Pitches could be bought for VC for example and given how f*ed up the chemistry thing was you needed a boat load of pitches to not have an unhappy team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 04:03 AM   #22
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Honestly, if they just add the ability to view and edit GM's into MyLeague I would be good and would never even be compelled to open this mode again.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:42 AM   #23
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I bet 2k will eventually announce they've listened to the criticism, taken on board the suggestions and respond by adding the chance to spend VC on additional AP.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:53 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Mygm was my go to. I cant even enjoy all the gameplay improvements because I'm only playing mycareer.

Guess I'll have to give myleague a try but I really enjoy having goals and interactions.

Smh what were they thinking...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »