Home

NBA 2K20 : My GM Question

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 : My GM Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K20 : My GM Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I started a my GM with the Knicks. Decided to play the first game against the Spurs..

6 minute quarters and I swear the difficulty was on pro or rookie. I beat them by 25

Once I was done with the game and saw I couldn’t adjust time or difficulty I noped right outta there

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This is so very unfortunate. I imagine there will be a patch to fix this but even if so I really planned on getting a MyGM started right away. I changed my main menu settings to 12 Mins/Superstar hoping MyGM would mirror those changes but nope, didn't work.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

What 2k did to MyGm is the most pathetic thing they’ve ever done. The one mode where offline players could enjoy, and you guys turned it into some leaderboard junk ? You guys don’t listen to fans. Last year I rented 2k19 from Redbox and decided it was DECENT. 2k20 I rented as well, I have determined that this game is a joke. ML is not fun for MyGm players and MyGm 2.0 took 20 steps backwards from what WE, THE MYGM players wanted. 2k alienated a large portion of their consumers. Including me. I will not be spending money on 2K ever again until they stop stealing from the players with VC & gambling, fix the servers and actually create a great MYGM. This game has become nothing more than a cash grab. The numbers will show that you can’t disrespect a whole section of your community and be successful. I’m sorry to my fellow MYGM players, seems there is no game for us anymore. My expectations were low and 2k still managed to limbo beneath said expectations. I am done.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queannn
What 2k did to MyGm is the most pathetic thing they’ve ever done. The one mode where offline players could enjoy, and you guys turned it into some leaderboard junk ? You guys don’t listen to fans. Last year I rented 2k19 from Redbox and decided it was DECENT. 2k20 I rented as well, I have determined that this game is a joke. ML is not fun for MyGm players and MyGm 2.0 took 20 steps backwards from what WE, THE MYGM players wanted. 2k alienated a large portion of their consumers. Including me. I will not be spending money on 2K ever again until they stop stealing from the players with VC & gambling, fix the servers and actually create a great MYGM. This game has become nothing more than a cash grab. The numbers will show that you can’t disrespect a whole section of your community and be successful. I’m sorry to my fellow MYGM players, seems there is no game for us anymore. My expectations were low and 2k still managed to limbo beneath said expectations. I am done.
they've lost my money. all i wanted was an even better story mode, and being able to watch (cpu vs cpu) the team you're the gm of. sorry to yell but: I DON'T GIVE A @#$% ABOUT A LEADERBOARD. how the team i built performs each season is my leaderboard.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:58 PM   #20
Just started!

yikes, disappointing but not surprising. the game keeps moving further towards arcade and away from sim
Old 09-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #21
Just started!

If they are going to prevent changing quarter length, they should at least normalize minutes. But I agree, without changing quarter length, difficulty/sliders, and using custom rosters, the mode is pretty undesirable. I get that they need to normalize settings for the leaderboards, but this is way too high a cost for just stupid leaderboards. I'd rather be able to tweak the mode to my liking to make it challenging and engaging for myself than compare myself to others.

Just going to play MyLeague, then. It's sad because I thought some of the ideas with action points and engaging with players and staff more and having to do a sort of cost-benefit analysis with managing all the aspects of my team is a cool, challenging idea. I don't think the implementation is perfect, but still it was a cool innovation to the mode. Hope they figure this out and patch it in 2K20 or release something better for '21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #22
Rookie

What is MyGM like as a pure simulation mode? Does it at least have a little value, in that regard?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #23
Rookie

I like the action point system to MyGM and the unique way you can upgrade your GM. I like that players and coaches can give you tasks as well. But they really bombed on the leaderboard thing, especially considering you have to sacrifice quarter minutes and difficulty. I wonder if they can patch that?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 04:15 AM   #24
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

guys the REAL mode for us offline players is still there...

My League!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »