Home

Pro Am Builds For 2k19

This is a discussion on Pro Am Builds For 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #41
Rookie

ChefBoyRT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Am Builds For 2k19

Definitely going with a pure shot creator sg like I had last yr. Also had a sharp/slash and a pure stretch, but found myself playing with the pure shot more which fit our teams line-up better. It’s a really great build as I could do a little bit of everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
No thanks lol

That build has terrible defense, low strength , and only decent rebounding . Bronze rim protector . Every time I faced that build I nearly got 30 and 20. I bullied them .

Good looking out though
I got a 7’0 version of that build and I destroy folks in park and pro am. Silver Hustle Rebounder is good with that very, and rim protector doesn’t mean anything, blocks are easy to get this year. Can also shoot well and get driving contacts. Anyone that can’t eat with that build is a bum
Old 08-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #43
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
I got a 7’0 version of that build and I destroy folks in park and pro am. Silver Hustle Rebounder is good with that very, and rim protector doesn’t mean anything, blocks are easy to get this year. Can also shoot well and get driving contacts. Anyone that can’t eat with that build is a bum
Rim protector doesn’t mean anything ? It’s how you stop the contact dunks from starting on builds with silver posterizer and up . It does more than just block shots . It’s the defensive stopper of paint defense . That build gets eaten up in competitive play .

It can definitely score though. But any big man knows that build is the definition of barbecue chicken .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 08-24-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #44
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

for bigmen id strongly consider making something with high strength due to the new rebounding skill gap... i dont think youd want to overlook your strength rating especially if your not rebound primary.

thats just my 2cent
Old 08-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Rim protector doesn’t mean anything ? It’s how you stop the contact dunks from starting on builds with silver posterizer and up . It does more than just block shots . It’s the defensive stopper of paint defense . That build gets eaten up in competitive play .

It can definitely score though. But any big man knows that build is the definition of barbecue chicken .
Rim Protector is inconsistent as hell, I’ve destroyed Pure Rims with contact dunk after contact dunk. I’ve played with him against MPBA teams, got Elite experience with him and I eat for the most part and I’ve NEVER had problems on defense. Man I even played big with my 6’10 Slashing Shot Creator and was effective. Only people that can give me trouble are smart post scorers

I don’t know what burgers you played against or with, but that don’t apply to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #46
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Rim Protector is inconsistent as hell, I’ve destroyed Pure Rims with contact dunk after contact dunk. I’ve played with him against MPBA teams, got Elite experience with him and I eat for the most part and I’ve NEVER had problems on defense. Man I even played big with my 6’10 Slashing Shot Creator and was effective. Only people that can give me trouble are smart post scorers

I don’t know what burgers you played against or with, but that don’t apply to me.
You’re taking personally man it’s not . You’re saying I did this and I can do that when I’m referring to the build itself, and defensively at that .

It’s weak defensively . I want a build that can guard smart post scorers too . Bronze defensive stopper and bronze rim protector ain’t gone cut it chief .

But I appreciate the suggestion . I’m a fan of the build offensively . Prefer it at the 2/3 though .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 08-24-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #47
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I need to get a play through with things though...

It's just stuff like this: a 73 three ball looks pretty damn bad when it could be in the upper 80s or 90s like a sharp type has....but then you play the game and realize as long as you take intelligent threes, that you can be a threat from outside.

Or knowing that dunking in the 70s with a play/shot (Somewhere there) drastically feels inferior than when dunking in the 80s with a slash/shot.

Last year my first build was a play/shot which seemed alright, but when I got a second crack at it, I realized I'd rather have the slash/shot and I'm glad 2k corrupted my file so I could make 3 new players lol

I also made the dumb mistake of having a center that wasn't 7'3 340. Hopefully that isn't a thing this time around.

Idk what your talking about with the centers. Going full weight literally had no advantages. Your could still back down ANYONE if you had high strength. Sad thing about it was 2k promised us last off-season that weight would matter and it didn’t unless up had like a 100 lb difference

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #48
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairdalisk
I'll decide when I see badges and attributes, but my initial thought is one of these two:

SF 6'10' Pure Playmaker

PG 6'7" Sharpshooting Playmaker

Watch out it’s not confirmed but they talkin like point forwards won’t get HOF ankle breaker

Gotta peep that before you make your guy a point forward

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »