Home

Pro Am Builds For 2k19

This is a discussion on Pro Am Builds For 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Am Builds For 2k19

I’m tryna run with some dudes from over here, all the Reddit dudes I’ve played with have been straight up garbage. I’m looking for folks that’s tryna win and have fun. If you’re the type to rage because you don’t get the ball once, don’t hit me up

Park win% is 80, Walk On is 76%, and so is team.

PSN: MackZilla13
Old 08-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
What would you pair with a 7 foot athletic defender? I'm thinking some combo of either sharp, sc, post, with glass cleaner. Prob be 7'3 unless they are no longer OP
I think a sharpshootign rebounder would be a fit but also depends what the guards and wing is.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #75
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love for my team to be

Sharpshooting playmaker
Defending sharp
Slashing sharp
Rebounding stretch
Pure post or a shot creator post scorer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #76
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
What would you pair with a 7 foot athletic defender? I'm thinking some combo of either sharp, sc, post, with glass cleaner. Prob be 7'3 unless they are no longer OP

sharp/reb or sharp
Old 08-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #77
Rookie

Play exclusively bigs, as that what i played in R/L and my feel and knowledge of the game fits best there

In 2k18 i played a pure rim protector and he was quite effective and badges were very easy to max out. I think he had HOF badges at 90.5

Also have a pure rebounder at 90 and playing with him was frustrating as hell. Have a number of offensive bigs in the low 80s and never felt pure rebounder had any advantage re rebounding over the much lower rated offensive aligned centers.

Also couldnt make a lay up if anyone over 2ft was near you. Did anyone else play a pure rebounder and felt they had an advantage on crashing boards?

Inclined to run a pure rim protector in 2k19 and maybe post scoring / slasher for when i want to be more offensive.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aricin
Play exclusively bigs, as that what i played in R/L and my feel and knowledge of the game fits best there

In 2k18 i played a pure rim protector and he was quite effective and badges were very easy to max out. I think he had HOF badges at 90.5

Also have a pure rebounder at 90 and playing with him was frustrating as hell. Have a number of offensive bigs in the low 80s and never felt pure rebounder had any advantage re rebounding over the much lower rated offensive aligned centers.

Also couldnt make a lay up if anyone over 2ft was near you. Did anyone else play a pure rebounder and felt they had an advantage on crashing boards?

Inclined to run a pure rim protector in 2k19 and maybe post scoring / slasher for when i want to be more offensive.
My Two-Way Rebounder averaged 15 boards a game in Walk On. I would guess the Pure Athletic I created near the end of the year averaged 12-13 boards. Hard to know exactly because the stats aren’t separated but my average rebounds a game definitely dropped. So there was a difference. I mostly felt like my Pure Athletic didn’t get hero snags that were nowhere near me like my rebounding build did. Breakstarter probably got me an extra assist or 2 a game as well.

That said, I scored WAY more effectively with my Pure Athletic build.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Sick vid, just sent this to my teammate who is deciding between a SF, 3 and D (defense primary) for spacing, but lower athleticism or slashing defender, athletic freak. This build will probably be my secondary build for when our big men aren’t available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do make this build, don't make him taller than 7'. Your driving dunk falls off hard. I made the mistake of making a 7'1 Primary Defense/Secondary Slashing and couldn't do driving dunks to save my life. Even with gold posturizer. Driving dunks will be where most your points come from.

That was supposed to be my Dwight Build. I could've made it 6'11, but made 7'1 because I didn't want to risk getting bullied. But its a damn good build on paper. High Shot blocking, 91 Str, and Decent dunking.

This could change in 2k19, Idk. If the stats are right, this'll be my 3rd build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
This seems like the year 2k makes the post great again.

I'm looking for an offensive build that can thrive in both Pro-Am and Park.

I'd love to make a Bill Walton clone, but he'd need about 4 archetypes.

For those with experience as an offensive big, what build looks best to you?

Anything I'm overlooking?

1. Pure Post Scorer (close range master)
2. Shot-Creating Post Scorer (close + mid)
3. Athletic Finishing Post Scorer (close + dunks)
4. Rebounding Post Scorer (close + boards + picks)
5. Rim Protecting Post Scorer (two way)
People are sleeping hard on Post Scoring Stretch. Post Primary, 3pt Shooting Secondary.

In 2k18 you had 88 post stats, 76 3pt shot, 85 midrange, 88 str, and decent rebounding.

The best big man builds IMO:

Post Scoring/Defense
Post Scoring/Stretch

and Depending on stats, those can be reversed.

Last edited by ImInThis; 08-28-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #80
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Watch out it’s not confirmed but they talkin like point forwards won’t get HOF ankle breaker

Gotta peep that before you make your guy a point forward

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Point Forwards didn't get HOF Ankle Breaker in 2k18 you know that right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »