Home

No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

This is a discussion on No game testing, I've been saying it for years. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #25
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

nobody answered my question from another post so imma ask it here.....Is the 1st to 99 supposed to be a competition??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsGameOverKM
The employees, at least the ones we are exposed too, are more interested in being online celebrities than doing excellent work for their customers IN MY OPINION.
If you mean Ronnie2k he's the community manager. He does not make or design any aspect of the game.
Idk what LD2k does but I'm sure he's in the same community role boat.

As for guys like MikeWang/OG and Czar...those guys actually make the game and Wang only posts on twitter when ppl ask him stuff. OG doesn't even post about 2k he posts about other sports.

But yeah. Ronnie is pretty annoying but he doesn't have much to do with the game other than reporting back to 2k and telling them what fans do and don't like.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #27
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

2K only cares about $$$$. I was planning on not buying the game this year but did anyway. However, this is definitely my LAST. I'm done. I'll be moving on to other games which are not connected to the 2K company. 2K has become too expensive, stingy, greedy and corrupted for me.

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 10-17-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:53 AM   #28
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
This is Chris Smoove, one of the top YouTubers for NBA 2k.

In this video he points out things that I've been saying for years.
I'd only add that 2k has more sponsors this year than ever before and has made VC harder to get than ever before.

Some may say that they are in business to make money, which I would agree with.
However, there is a point when you cross a line and it's clear that they have crossed that line for years.

Every year 2k puts out a game that is unfinished, broken, and not properly tested before release. So we pay full price for a game that gets patched 12 times a year.
They spend the whole year trying to fix things that should have been found and fixed before release.

Sure, all games will need some tweaks even after release, but no game is consistently patched and further broken by patches than NBA 2k games are.

We should expect more from a game and company and not make excuses for their incompetence.

So let's hear the same tired responses of buy the other game, wait until they have patched the game 7 or 8 times before you buy it, or the worst of all the game is perfect the way it is.

It's way past time the we stop making excuses and start holding them accountable for what they put out.

If you buy a car that goes in reverse when you put it in drive, would you make excuses?

2k take some of the millions that you make off of us and put in your pocket and hire enough people to put out a finished game!

If I did my job as well as you, I wouldn't have a job!

https://youtu.be/EwDdODl_A_s

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app

While I do agree with you, its not right companies can put out a unfinished game each and every year, they all do it know days, even MLBTS has gotten bad about this.
But we do have a choice, not to buy it day 1, since we know it will likley be heavily flawed, until they get a few patches out. Im offline only player who only cares about the Association, and every yr MyLeague is basically unplayable until they start patching it, and MyGM has never been playable since they put it in the game, that is for thos of us who want any type of realism that is. So its really a waste of space each yr and time that could be used better on putting out a working MyLeague from the start.

We all know every year, they will build up the hype and say they have done this and done that, only for it not to be true, or it dont work right. So since we all know you cant take what they say as being true, since it happens every yr, we really have no one to blame but ourselves for buying day1.

Sure its frustrating, to pay 60+ $ for a game that wont be fully functional for atleast several weeks after it comes out, the bottom line is maybe we should quit falling for the hype, and wait a while.

I dont know if they saw sales for day1 purchases drop drastically, if that would get their attention and we would see a better game put out after that or not. But if a huge number of people stop buying day1, then that might leave NBA2k, to the noob online players who have no basketball IQ to be the testers, so that wouldnt improve the game if it was them who were the beta testers

Unfortunately they either have a clueless bunch of quality testers, or they dont beta test at all for the MyLeague and MyGM modes. Not sure which it is.
Whether we like it or not we are the beta testers, now days, except we dont get paid, we have to pay them to be the testers,lol.

Way I see it, is we can quit buying it day1, but if they lost a large group of the those of us with basketball knowledge, then we risk major issues, not getting fixed, because they wouldnt know about them more than likley when it comes to MyLeague and MyGM. Or we could not buy it at all, and do without, or go play a even more broke game from EA.

I wish NBA2k didnt have so many issues each yr on day1, but I continue to buy it, knowing I likely wont be able to start a MyLeague for a couple months, but like myself anyone who has been buying NBA2k for many yrs know how they do things, so its really on us for buying something we know will have quite a few flaws from the start.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #29
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
nobody answered my question from another post so imma ask it here.....Is the 1st to 99 supposed to be a competition??
?????

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #30
Pro

I agree with this post. Look at the classic New Jersey Nets with Jason Kidd. They were definitely rushed. If you load them up in a MyLeague for a rebrand, they still have the Brooklyn Nets colorways and are referred to as the Brooklyn Nets during gameplay.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
The only thing I disagree with you is VC being harder to obtain.

You get a lower amount of VC earned in every single element the game. That is actually a fact. It's as simple as looking at the amount earned last year and comparing it to the amount earned this year.

Under what possible factual basis can you argue that it's not harder to obtain?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #32
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
?????

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

imo, no. people just make it one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »