Home

No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

This is a discussion on No game testing, I've been saying it for years. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

Patch 4 has done some serious damage to the game as far as I'm concerned. I was enjoying it right up until I downloaded that. I've just had my highest ever turnover game in any 2k with 15, and they were mostly defenders like Olynk flying across the paint at 300mph to intercept passes that are just physically impossible for any person, let alone any person of that size and mobility to get to. I just fouled out in the end with 8 mins to go in the 4th qtr because I would have ended up with at least 20. The game seems to have just regressed to the worst parts of all the other 2k's that had faults.

The ball is never in play when it's in the cpu hands, just carrying it through players as they walk into the paint for their 2ft shots. User animations taking an eternity to start (like interception animations), but then carry on playing out as the opposition player has moved 5 feet and taken a jumpshot, while my dude is still trying to catch an invisible basketball.

I'm really pee'd off now. The game was a step in the right direction, not perfect, but I could see what the team were trying to achieve, but now? It's currently playing marginally better than 17 imo, and that was the worst 2k I've ever played.

Focussing on the wrong things because people moan about sharpshooters shooting ( I don't have one by the way), and the gameplay just gets messed up like this every year. We were told that there would be minimal patching this year, and we've already had 4, with a much needed patch 5 needed to undo some of the glitches caused by patch 4 (like shoes etc).

Thank god the new assassins creed is due for release because after my initial excitement to play this game it's been butchered.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Pro

The only thing I disagree with you is VC being harder to obtain. I have friends that have accumulated over 200k vc already and they have not purchased any or used any quarter glitches and etc. There's just different methods but it's not the hardest ever to obtain VC.

But for years I've been saying it seems 2k does not test their games. Like they don't even play them. They don't play against the CPU or they don't play the park modes.

Not sure if this is true but it certainly feels like it, or there's not enough testers or looking for cheese and etc. It's really crazy that all these bugs are in this game right now. Even after patches. They clearly over extended themselves with this whole neighborhood thing.

Ppl don't even play half the stuff in the neighborhood so it's just a complete waste of hardware which is making the rest of the game lag behind. Literally.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #11
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I told all my friends before release, 2k is too ambitious. Period.

They try all these new things but don't just improve what we really want.

And I think we can expect a solid game when it's full price. Every game gets patched, no one's thinking perfection. But no one's also looking for broken.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I would also say that NBA 2K18 does feel like an unfinished, unpolished beta, or even alpha. This is the first time I have ever said this about a 2K game, and I've been playing 2K since ESPN NBA Basketball (NBA 2K4) on the PS2. Don't get me wrong, the game is impressive on many fronts, but on the other hand, there are some major issues in it that didn't exist in NBA 2K17! The game took one step forward, but two steps backwards. It appears as though they spent all of their time and resources on giving us an improved ACE and the admittedly fantastic movement system, at the expense of the overall game experience.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #13
Rookie

I will say this:

I've been a Madden fan for as long as I can remember. I started playing 2K a few years ago and was simply amazed by the quality in comparison to EA. The 2K devs seem to actually care in some aspects to their game, while Madden and their devs are out to make a quick buck year in and year out. So, as a fan of both series, NBA 2K is in far better hands than Madden will ever be.

That being said...it'd be nice if 2K scrapped the VC entirely or at least toned it down a notch. Micro transactions and Ultimate Team have killed Madden; I don't wanna see 2K have the same fate.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #14
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
That being said...it'd be nice if 2K scrapped the VC entirely or at least toned it down a notch. Micro transactions and Ultimate Team have killed Madden; I don't wanna see 2K have the same fate.

VC is a whole is fine; it’s the implementation and economy that is the issue. Literally everything in My Career requires VC, with some also requiring a specific rating to unlock.

Think about that for a moment: you need to spend VC on ratings in order to unlock the ability to spend VC on a t shirt or a specific free throw routine or celebration.

Aside from the fact that you need VC for everything, you earn it far too slowly to actually be able to enjoy the game without putting hours upon hours into it.

For a standard RPG, where the next game could be five or more years away, that’s fine. But this is a yearly release, where the current game becomes obsolete after 12 months.

As far as the various bugs in the game, I agree to an extent. There are far too many game breaking issues that have been around for years. And there are far too many new features or changes that no one asked for while things that have been requested for years have gone unaddressed.

The team does a great job in most areas, but they definitely need a more stable product at launch, and they need to really listen to the community more instead of assuming they know what’s best.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #15
Pro

For those saying that the amount of VC earned is fine, can you please show me 1 NBA player that can't buy their favorite pair of Jordan's with a one game check?

And I mean any player as far down a bench as you want to go.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I would also say that NBA 2K18 does feel like an unfinished, unpolished beta, or even alpha. This is the first time I have ever said this about a 2K game, and I've been playing 2K since ESPN NBA Basketball (NBA 2K4) on the PS2. Don't get me wrong, the game is impressive on many fronts, but on the other hand, there are some major issues in it that didn't exist in NBA 2K17! The game took one step forward, but two steps backwards. It appears as though they spent all of their time and resources on giving us an improved ACE and the admittedly fantastic movement system, at the expense of the overall game experience.
Very well said you put it a little bit nicer than what I would have but said very nicely.

It's time we stop being beta testers why not just release the game on tip-off day. This game was already finished on August 1st how could they release this game in this state.

They make great games they know they released trash this year and a very broken trash this year and then to throw VC on top of it is icing on the cake.

Where is Ronnie 2K the other people who made this to be the best game in the world before it shipped not a peep from any of them right?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »