Home

Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen

This is a discussion on Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2017, 02:33 AM   #73
Rookie

hyretic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Inability to see attribute numbers on upgrade screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
You all should ditch this money stealing VC demanding game and play NBA Live 18s The One without having to spend a single extra buck to get all your attributes up and all your dope gear, LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS
I'm annoyed by this situation, but I'm still sooooo far from switching to Live. Game looks trash to me.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:31 AM   #74
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitisinsports
To those of you who didn't watch the video or following this.... Mike Wang literally told us to ignore the numbers and just make the player we want.. UM.. WTF KIND OF RESPONSE...
Pont being, it's not an oversight, be real folks They simply said F*** us.. It's all about that money.

Petition?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
You don't want to enjoy making the player you want?
Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #75
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

And what do we have here? Yet another change, in a growing list of changes, aimed to get people to spend more VC.

Honestly, every year since 2K14 they have continued to find new ways to make it both harder to earn VC, and make you spend more.

Some have been subtle, like increasing the prices of tattoos (250/350 VC to 1000 VC), or my personal fave (in 2K17); when you go to upgrade your player the first thing that is highlighted is the option to purchase VC.

And then some have been more obvious, like this particular change here.

We are aware that the gaming industry as a whole, is moving in this direction. The "games as a service" thing is really taking off, and it's very appealing to the gaming publishers, as having a constant stream of income is much more appealing than relying solely on shipping large numbers.

BUT......

This does not mean we have to accept it.

I'm not going to kid myself, and think that we have any real power to affect any meaningful changes, but speaking up about it is better than doing nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 05:28 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 8

Yeah that's a very frustrating change especially when we'll get to the highest upgrades that are likely to cost a LOT of VC and very hard to unlock, and we cannot make a comparison between different the increase of different attributes to decide which one prioritise.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:57 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyretic
I'm annoyed by this situation, but I'm still sooooo far from switching to Live. Game looks trash to me.
I agree. I played the demo of live a fair bit and it was god awful. Their presentation is far superior and imo the online play and balance are much stronger conceptually but the gameplay itself is terrible.

On top of that I also play a ton of ML/GM so I'm not ready to say I won't be buying just because Career/Park has a couple of major flaws.

By the Monday after release we'll have spreadhseets and YouTube videos detailing all the attributes.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
You don't want to enjoy making the player you want?
How kind of you to ignore the part where he told us to ignore the numbers, which clearly have influence on our archetype and for a game to have an esport component to it, this is a travesty. But you keep drinking the kool aid. Idk why I even engaged your troll comment. I guess because of the sad reality that you probably think nothing is wrong with what happened.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #79
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I believe this has more to do with cheesers. Not wanting them to see attributes off rip. Although we are still getting million of videos about "OMG BEST ARCHETYPE TO MAKE ". I feel like this was to stop everyone from making same myplayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #80
Just started!

Been a loyal fan since 2k2 and I gotta say I'm just about ready to say forget 2k this year. There's no way they can overlook a feature that was already established in the previous year. Which has me thinking this plan was devised to take advantage of consumers that don't know any better. We need to keep making our voice heard until this changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »