Home

Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

This is a discussion on Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

Two way shot creator awesome. In that game play video in another post. So good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoo50
there should be a website about those archetypes

we need to know what we will build before we get the game

attributes, what badges we can get etc.
we get the demo next week....you will be able to get all the info you need chillllllll
Old 08-31-2017, 07:15 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
Looks like if you go 2 different archetypes you only have gold badges, 5 gold per archetype but if you go a single archetype you get the hof badges.. I don't like that. Some hof badges are OP like limitless.
Maybe, haha i am the one who posted exactly this in my epic dual archetype thread. See devs read these threads. You guys can thank me later.

so far everything about my career is exactly how I said it should be in the thread.

I knew after writing about how much they would make if they did dual archetypes and exactly how to balance it they would do it. every time someone makes a post or video saying oh my God best OP build sharpshooter playmaker 6-9!!!! They could not resist.

Last edited by sk8board; 08-31-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #44
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryocoola31
Two way shot creator awesome. In that game play video in another post. So good

Micheal Jordan and Kawhi Leonard archetype right there.

I'm going to go with a 6'8 Small Forward SharpShooter/Post Scorer. Going full on Melo build. And you know I'm going to be rocking the grey hoodie out there in the Playground lol.

But what I'm hoping for is that I can play the small ball 4 and stretch the defense out with my shooting and beating them off the dribble with the triple threat with my speed. And they have to guard me up close AND with a hand up because if I pull it and they're just holding the left trigger they are only going to get a weak contest animation. And you don't want those facing a sharpshooter with his badges because deadeye will just make it to where you aren't even there. Couple that with the new triple threat animation that includes a pumpfake to where you can jabstep, then pumpfake or pumpfake then jabstep, if they don't already have a hand up you can catch some people slipping.

And if I have a smaller/weaker matchup on me? With a post scorer? I'm going to kill them with hook drives, post spins, and dropsteps. And once they start overplaying those; the fadeaway game gets to come into play.

We're finally going to be able to play like Melo.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendCenter41
we get the demo next week....you will be able to get all the info you need chillllllll
You mean 2 weeks right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
You mean 2 weeks right?
Next week you should be able to see all the achetypes combos and caps when you pick your character. Prelude is next friday

Old 08-31-2017, 08:01 PM   #47
MVP

I played a lot of MyCareer in 2K15 and have been nothing but MyTeam ever since. But I'm also moving to console from PC and I'm interested in getting back into MyPlayer stuff.

For MyCareer, I think I want to do a Post Scoring Rim Protector, with Hakeem as the archetypal model.

But I'm also interested in dabbling in MyPark/Playground play and, since I doubt I'll play with a crew, specifically interested in King of the Court 1-on-1 play. What do y'all think would be the most effective 1-on-1 build?

I'm thinking of maybe something like a Post Scoring Lockdown Defender Small Forward. Or maybe a Post Scoring Shot Creator Small Forward. Even if it's effective, I really don't want to play as a post-up big on small guards, monotonously bullying in the paint to make up for not being able to hang on the perimeter. For 1-on-1...
  • Defense: Probably a big/strong small forward is the obvious best balance. Be able to do a credible job of tracking shot creating/slashing guards, while also not being a total pushover against post scoring bigs. But I'm also wondering if a PF in the mold of an AD can hang enough with quicker guards in halfcourt one-on-one.
  • Offense: To me, the most fun offense is post-up and moving midrange in the mold of someone like Carmelo. If loading up offensively, maybe this would be a Post Scoring Shot Creator Small Forward?
Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 PM   #48
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Glass cleaner + Athletic finisher might be really underrated if you want to go duel archetype and still be a beast snagger if you factor in the little vert/speed bonus you should get from being half athletic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »