Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Does anyone know Pistol Pete's jumpser settings? I unlocked jumpshot creator in my career and would love to have my guy look just like pistol pete shooting.

Loving the game so far!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #458
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekurlan2
Does anyone know Pistol Pete's jumpser settings? I unlocked jumpshot creator in my career and would love to have my guy look just like pistol pete shooting.

Loving the game so far!
As you likely noticed, NBA 2K18 has Maravich's current signatures set at:

Lower/Base: Ray Allen
Upper Release 1: Release 56

However, a few years ago someone out there recommended:

Lower/Base: Jump Shot 7
Upper Release 1: Release 4
Release Timing: Quick

I'm still not sure if that's perfect but it definitely captures his shoulder turn a lot better than 2K's default.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #459
Rookie

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As you likely noticed, NBA 2K18 has Maravich's current signatures set at:

Lower/Base: Ray Allen
Upper Release 1: Release 56

However, a few years ago someone out there recommended:

Lower/Base: Jump Shot 7
Upper Release 1: Release 4
Release Timing: Quick

I'm still not sure if that's perfect but it definitely captures his shoulder turn a lot better than 2K's default.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #460
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I wish there was a "Toughness" or "Aggressiveness" attribute, and a certain way to represent it in the game. Charles Oakley was one tough guy (I feel bad for rookie Pippen who's supposed to be having fun).

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #461
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

For whatever it's worth, it really does seem as though 2K put a pretty significant amount of effort into classic teams this year. They're still trying to outrun the 2K14 next gen disaster (when a seemingly random art team created most of the classic team atrocities we're still seeing today) and there's still some new player appearances that have left me scratching my head (Stephen Jackson looks pretty wild) but there's also been a number of small tweaks that I've come to believe just weren't ever going to get noticed by the 2K team. Some of the biggest things I've noticed so far:

1) Some legend improvements. Michael Jordan finally got the visual treatment he deserved. Some others were tweaked as well, even if they weren't perfected (Joe Dumars).

2) 1989 Pistons road jerseys were obnoxiously inaccurate for years (even said the wrong thing on the chest). That's been fixed.

3) The 2003 Dallas Mavericks now have access to their proper navy road jersey. Previously, they could only wear the more modern royal-ish blue roads.

4) 2K added the ability for classic teams to pick from any of their franchise's jersey selections available in the game. This is beneficial in multiple realms. For one, it's allowed some classics access to alternate or throwback jerseys they may have worn in a given season (classics were previously limited to two jerseys, period). Second, it can provide roster-makers with some flexibility. Some classic teams can be shifted to different years while retaining their court art but wearing different/additional jerseys (2002 Nets can be morphed into a red-alternate-wearing 2007 Nets).

5) I could be wrong, but I've gathered that Glenn Robinson III may have done motion capture for 2K this past year. I think I may have noticed a couple of dunk packages he might be responsible for that could help flesh out some legend signatures. For one, I've noticed more cradles and cuffs than usual.

6) Classic team offenses seem to run more effectively this year. This is via limited use so far (four games or so) but as one example, I think I saw Richard Hamilton run off more baseline screens in a half a quarter than I saw in all of 2K17.

7) There's a huge heaping of new players and teams. Some (Xavier McDaniel) don't look great but most actually seem to be pretty well done.

8) All players are fully editable in terms of information and vitals, right on down to their name. Considering the oddly hamstrung create-a-player, it gives us a fighting chance to find doppelgangers on the All-Time teams or elsewhere. Or, in the least, it allows us to change Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's name to what it was for that 1971 championship season (Lew Alcindor).

Not directly related to only classic teams but still important:

9) Last year's on-the-fly substitution abomination has been replaced with a more reasonable and intuitive alternative (if not ideal).

10) Mentioned a few pages ago but it bears repeating, the annoying young generic blonde coach talking to you during every Quick Play time-out is gone. The game is nearly worth the price of admission based on his absence alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #462
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For whatever it's worth, it really does seem as though 2K put a pretty significant amount of effort into classic teams this year. They're still trying to outrun the 2K14 next gen disaster (when a seemingly random art team created most of the classic team atrocities we're still seeing today) and there's still some new player appearances that have left me scratching my head (Stephen Jackson looks pretty wild) but there's also been a number of small tweaks that I've come to believe just weren't ever going to get noticed by the 2K team. Some of the biggest things I've noticed so far:

1) Some legend improvements. Michael Jordan finally got the visual treatment he deserved. Some others were tweaked as well, even if they weren't perfected (Joe Dumars).

2) 1989 Pistons road jerseys were obnoxiously inaccurate for years (even said the wrong thing on the chest). That's been fixed.

3) The 2003 Dallas Mavericks now have access to their proper navy road jersey. Previously, they could only wear the more modern royal-ish blue roads.

4) 2K added the ability for classic teams to pick from any of their franchise's jersey selections available in the game. This is beneficial in multiple realms. For one, it's allowed some classics access to alternate or throwback jerseys they may have worn in a given season (classics were previously limited to two jerseys, period). Second, it can provide roster-makers with some flexibility. Some classic teams can be shifted to different years while retaining their court art but wearing different/additional jerseys (2002 Nets can be morphed into a red-alternate-wearing 2007 Nets).

5) I could be wrong, but I've gathered that Glenn Robinson III may have done motion capture for 2K this past year. I think I may have noticed a couple of dunk packages he might be responsible for that could help flesh out some legend signatures. For one, I've noticed more cradles and cuffs than usual.

6) Classic team offenses seem to run more effectively this year. This is via limited use so far (four games or so) but as one example, I think I saw Richard Hamilton run off more baseline screens in a half a quarter than I saw in all of 2K17.

7) There's a huge heaping of new players and teams. Some (Xavier McDaniel) don't look great but most actually seem to be pretty well done.

8) All players are fully editable in terms of information and vitals, right on down to their name. Considering the oddly hamstrung create-a-player, it gives us a fighting chance to find doppelgangers on the All-Time teams or elsewhere. Or, in the least, it allows us to change Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's name to what it was for that 1971 championship season (Lew Alcindor).

Not directly related to only classic teams but still important:

9) Last year's on-the-fly substitution abomination has been replaced with a more reasonable and intuitive alternative (if not ideal).

10) Mentioned a few pages ago but it bears repeating, the annoying young generic blonde coach talking to you during every Quick Play time-out is gone. The game is nearly worth the price of admission based on his absence alone.
I just wish they would put some effort into accessories. Young KMart is wearing 36 year old KMart accessories. Kerry Kittles has a padded sleeve, etc.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:38 AM   #463
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

lol @ MJ tongue being buggy but Kobe's mj tongue is fine
Old 09-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #464
Rookie

Some of you are trashing the legends - I get some of the animations have been taken out and it sucks - but visually MANY got a very nice upgrade. I am happy 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »