Home

MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #57
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Online leagues are dead if they cant make $$$ from it and the majority of the community is casuals in mycareer and streetball created player modes
Teeeeeebone.. My man!.. Where u been?! .. Rockets ready for you in 2k18. Come back to the league. We miss you lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAH man! Don't allow these crooks to condition you into feeling like you suddenly need to pay more out of pocket to get an experience that was better IN THE YEAR 2007!!! This is where they get people, by making us feel like we don't have any other choices!!!
Totally agreed. Why would i pay for something that's already there with full flesh and blood for offline mode. What's the point of purchasing the game then with full price etc. etc.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #59
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Totally agreed. Why would i pay for something that's already there with full flesh and blood for offline mode. What's the point of purchasing the game then with full price etc. etc.
Agreed. But at this point I have the battered wife syndrome and am willing to pay extra just got a complete online franchise. It's July and my friends and I are still going strong in our MLO. So we have gotten a return on our $60 investment tenfold. Paying $5 more for an MLO add on is a devils bargain that I bet most MLO heads would gladly make. When there is no competition or alternative, we have no choice but to subject ourselves to abuse, hence the battered wife syndrome lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #60
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I actually thought this year was going to be the year when the online league gets a fully functional mode that would be worth me investing time playing in it. I have been wanting to play but it seems like too much work just to have a good franchise experience.

However NBA 2K has managed to find a way to monetize e-leagues in a way that that they will most likely never be able to do with an Myleague online. That partnership with the NBA probably killed any hopes for updates to Myleague online anytime soon.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...esports-league

That new e-league is an easy money stream for NBA teams and 2Kwith TV money. Myleague Online just can't compete against that for resources.

My opinion on this is something with the online association how it causes 2k to rewrite their code to get it to work for online. They are not willing to invest time, resources into the mode when they have other modes generating more revenue. This is an executive decision from the top of 2K. So the decision is made from the top only to invest in certain modes that have an certain return on investment. I could easily see resources being gobbled up by the new NBA league. If it was simple meaning it didn't require a lot of resources the mode would have been functional. It really is sad though. Myleague Online has the potential to be the best franchise mode but is just limited to a point where it just can't get off the ground without severe workarounds.

I think us gamers that want this mode need to keep setting up dialogs like this with the devs to try to figure out a way to monetize this. A successful eleague might just make a need to make a eleague association is the best hope right now.

Mypark, Myteam, Myplayer are cash streams for 2K
Old 07-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't play online leagues. Always wanted to but don't have enough friends that play 2k.

What is it exactly that's wrong/missing? From what I've read it feel like maybe it's just one season you play and then it restarts or something? Just curious as to what's caused this sort of backlash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 10:54 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

My opinion on this is something with the online association how it causes 2k to rewrite their code to get it to work for online. They are not willing to invest time, resources into the mode when they have other modes generating more revenue. This is an executive decision from the top of 2K. So the decision is made from the top only to invest in certain modes that have an certain return on investment. I could easily see resources being gobbled up by the new NBA league. If it was simple meaning it didn't require a lot of resources the mode would have been functional. It really is sad though. Myleague Online has the potential to be the best franchise mode but is just limited to a point where it just can't get off the ground without severe workarounds.
Wait, per 2K we have the "A TEAM" handling this mode from now on.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #63
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Wait, per 2K we have the "A TEAM" handling this mode from now on.
That's only my opinion I am not a code writer or software engineer. There is really no other reasonable explanation that I can come up with. You can you have best team working on something but if the initial foundation of how they code isnt setup to easily add online then every time they have to add/test code for online they are basically starting over in some sense.

The e league is basically a new mode the way I look at it. It has or should have some online features. Each year 2k is looking to get rid of any mode or feature that the user doesnt use.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
That's only my opinion I am not a code writer or software engineer. There is really no other reasonable explanation that I can come up with. You can you have best team working on something but if the initial foundation of how they code isnt setup to easily add online then every time they have to add/test code for online they are basically starting over in some sense.

The e league is basically a new mode the way I look at it. It has or should have some online features. Each year 2k is looking to get rid of any mode or feature that the user doesnt use.
I know, it was more of poking fun at 2K for saying they have their A team working on this mode now and then give us playoff resets. Speaking of which, where is 2K??? I doubt they are even in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »