Home

MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

So are we getting salary cap and rookie draft and free agency in online league?

Game is 6 weeks away, time to be upfront
Old 08-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taper Fade God
So are we getting salary cap and rookie draft and free agency in online league?

Game is 6 weeks away, time to be upfront

No to all 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2017, 03:49 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I remember when 2K first dropped on PS4 and I believe they said then that the reason no sort of online league was in place was because they wanted to do it right and were designing it so that they could get it online and all changes offline would apply online.

Each year of release it is said that we really want to get the full experience online but didn't have enough time, wait until next year. After a while it's hard to keep taking them seriously when they say that.
Quotation of the year, well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I remember when 2K first dropped on PS4 and I believe they said then that the reason no sort of online league was in place was because they wanted to do it right and were designing it so that they could get it online and all changes offline would apply online.

Each year of release it is said that we really want to get the full experience online but didn't have enough time, wait until next year. After a while it's hard to keep taking them seriously when they say that.
Yea, it will be interesting to see how they spin this (if they even comment at all). I mean they can't say the same thing as last year can they??? I don't know where they go from here, sometimes I just wish they would say "look, online leagues is a very small community and we can't justify putting our resources into a mode that benefits such a small group". Last year we were told the A team was working on this and they were some of the best in the business... that A team gave us playoff resets and relocation. Frankly, it might be better for 2K just to say nothing at all and I think that is what's going to happen. How many times must I say this is the year???

It's been 4 years of empty promises and we are still stuck with a mode that isn't better than a 2K12 mode. That's 6 years of going backwards... I just thought how awful the 1st next gen online leagues were and just threw up in my mouth. I have never been so pumped to buy a game/console and be utterly disappointed with that game.

Word to 2K, please don't ask for a wishlist, you've seen the same wishlist for years now and haven't produced a true NBA experience off-season. We need a new "A" team to improve this game mode.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2417
No to all 3

It's been confirmed? Bummer. If it was anything like the offline counterpart, it'd probably be the mode I play 90% of the time when I hop on 2k.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2417
No to all 3

When was this confirmed?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:17 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taper Fade God
When was this confirmed?

The fact they only talked about playoff resets and relocation means it's the same system. Trust me there isn't some magical online league blog post on its way. Not sure what they put more work into the online lg section of the blog or the actual online leagues.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 9

Think of MyLeague as a whole mode and then think of it as optionally public or private (Equals to offline/online) then the stats based of the mode will heavily depend on both offline and online players and this will be seen as the mode is greatly used and resourcefull no matter online/offline!

Here you go TEAM A this is your loophole for the big heads in your to company to make them believe what we believe which is MyLeague is something a lot of players play whether online/offline!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »