Home

MyLeague Simmed Stats

This is a discussion on MyLeague Simmed Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MyLeague Simmed Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
The global editor does NOT allow you to edit tendencies (which is the main factor in some of the key sim stats)

@ant would you PLEASE also post a pic of the ratings/tendencies and hot zone screens?
Damn, didn't realise that. It might be a case of one by one then if that's what it takes...
Old 09-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #58
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
@antdoggydogg before I start totally freaking out over here; would you do a minor test that should work please and post the results. Take one team's pace that you are seeing as "high" (not the Warriors) and document what it is; then take every player on the team's touches down by 30 and their overall shot tendency down by 30 and tell me if it makes a difference please. It will take about 10 minutes but it is crucial for us roster editors to know what we are getting into this year.
This^^^^

This is where I was going to start first tonight/tomorrow before I allowed myself to fall into deep panic depression lol.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #59
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
What about Nerlens Noel? Steals was so tied to position in 2k16 it was impossible to get him up to even close to his average in sim stats.

Pace is determined by: FGA, FTA, rebounds, and turnovers. Looking at those team stats and then the per-36 minute of players on those teams to compare would be a good place to start.
Out of the box, he doesn't get any steals. But once you increase his On-Ball Steal Tendency and Pass Interception Tendency you can get realistic numbers.

I've checked out the Thunders team stats to try and find a correlation to their slow pace. So far I noticed they lead the league by a mile with offensive rebounds, 16 per game. The other teams high on the list also seem to play at a slower pace. I'm guessing this helps slow down pace because it prolongs the Thunders offensive possession, and doesn't actually count as an extra possession. They also lead the league in Field Goal Attempts, which obviously is a result of all their offensive rebounds.

Quote:
@antdoggydogg before I start totally freaking out over here; would you do a minor test that should work please and post the results. Take one team's pace that you are seeing as "high" (not the Warriors) and document what it is; then take every player on the team's touches down by 30 and their overall shot tendency down by 30 and tell me if it makes a difference please. It will take about 10 minutes but it is crucial for us roster editors to know what we are getting into this year.
You guys aren't gonna be happy about this. I took the Cavs who had a Pace of 98-99. Lowered all their touches and shot tendency by 30. Their Pace after this adjustment was still in the 98-99 range. No change at all.

Quote:
The global editor does NOT allow you to edit tendencies (which is the main factor in some of the key sim stats)

@ant would you PLEASE also post a pic of the ratings/tendencies and hot zone screens?
Check your PM's.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #60
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

When it comes to them removing options that shouldn't be removed, no matter how small, it worries me every year. IF/WHEN player lock ever vanishes, I'll be done with the game.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #61
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Skip to the bottom of this post to find a summary of my findings this year

Hey everybody, this thread is for us fans who are very OCD about our simmed stats in MyLeague, for those gamers who aren't, thats fine this thread isn't for you. Lets try to keep it clean and on point.

So every year I go through the rosters, make sure all the rotations and major coach settings are on point, then sim a couple seasons to see how stats have improved from the previous year.

I start off by looking at the following Team stats first:

- Pace
- Defensive Efficiency
- Offensive Efficiency
- Offensive Rebound %
- Defensive Rebound %
- Opponent Three Pointers Allowed

One big disappointment this year, you aren't able to edit a coaches POE's. Which in 2K16 is the biggest factor that led to realistic stats. This is now gone. And if you can't control the pace of every team in the league then every other stat is going to be inflated and unrealistic. The average pace in the league last season was around 96. That is now the LOWEST a team will average in 2K17. This really disappoints me. I'm going to try and see if there are other coach factors that dictate how fast a team plays. I'll fill you guys in soon.

Updated Summary:
- Player Free Throw Attempts Per game remain unchanged.
- Player steals stats are editable using the Pass Interception Tendency.
Hmmm, no wonder Leftos "missed" or "ignored" my question about FTA's being inaccurate. I don't understand why "drawing fouls" isn't both an attribute (how well they "draw" fouls) and a tendency (how often they draw fouls) instead of just one. It make no logical sense to make it one and not the other, IMO.

Completely sucks that they decide to make POE unedtiable at all in MyLeague/MyGM especially with how piss-poor the CPU is at replicating/maintaining real teams' pace, offensive focus, etc.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Hmmm, no wonder Leftos "missed" or "ignored" my question about FTA's being inaccurate. I don't understand why "drawing fouls" isn't both an attribute (how well they "draw" fouls) and a tendency (how often they draw fouls) instead of just one. It make no logical sense to make it one and not the other, IMO.

Completely sucks that they decide to make POE unedtiable at all in MyLeague/MyGM especially with how piss-poor the CPU is at replicating/maintaining real teams' pace, offensive focus, etc.

Here's what I think happened:

It's not so much that they made POE's uneditable as it is they actually eliminated the POE coding altogether. Instead, they folded all tools into the ACE system, making the POE coding obsolete.

POE is older than ACE and they coexisted last year in a kind of not well integrated fashion during ACE's first year. This year they expanded and opened up all the under the hood adjustments that ACE makes to bring them to the user, so POE went bye bye.

But they did not do game design this year with roster editors in mind. You can see that with their other developmental resource allocations for MyLeague/MyGM. So they did not anticipate how taking editable control of team coaching POE strategies would affect sim stats guys and roster people.

Now, they did work and focus on sim stats, so hopefully they will be improved. Odds are, though, there will still be issues. The difference this year is we may not have tools to fix the stats problems caused by too fast pace last year, or too fast (or even slow) pace this year.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #63
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse

Not saying this is what happend because Leftos is a good guy, but I learned with NBA2k a few years ago if they dont answer your ?, then there is a pretty good bet its not fixed. Thats shady imo, but I think its one of the things the devs or marketing guys just cant answer because if they were actually honest and gave you the answer that no it wasnt fixed, then it possibly could cost them their job, you never know what the guys writing the checks tell these guys to say and not to say.
Again Leftos and these guys do get bombarded with so many ?'s this time of year that he honestly could have just missed it too. Ive always felt Leftos along with OG were guys that cared about realistic sim stats, and having things as realistic as possible.

I just wonder if they fixed the DC issue with big mens passing to open man tendency this yr. That probably pissed me off more than anything last yr with the game, is this was a issue from the start and they did nothing to fix it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #64
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Here's what I think happened:

It's not so much that they made POE's uneditable as it is they actually eliminated the POE coding altogether. Instead, they folded all tools into the ACE system, making the POE coding obsolete.

POE is older than ACE and they coexisted last year in a kind of not well integrated fashion during ACE's first year. This year they expanded and opened up all the under the hood adjustments that ACE makes to bring them to the user, so POE went bye bye.

But they did not do game design this year with roster editors in mind. You can see that with their other developmental resource allocations for MyLeague/MyGM. So they did not anticipate how taking editable control of team coaching POE strategies would affect sim stats guys and roster people.

Now, they did work and focus on sim stats, so hopefully they will be improved. Odds are, though, there will still be issues. The difference this year is we may not have tools to fix the stats problems caused by too fast pace last year, or too fast (or even slow) pace this year.
The strange thing is the mechanics are there in the actual games. I knew we were in trouble when the game loading screen allowed you to assign your defensive settings but there was a big empty space where the POE's used to be. I'm wondering if the mechanic is still there but just is invisible and not editable. Since it seems like everyone is set to last years default settings. Which results in the high pace again this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »