Home

The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

This is a discussion on The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

There have been a few people saying they like draft classes this year. Listen they are messed up bad. Centers, power forwards, small forwards and most shooting guards dish to open man tendency is wayyyyyy to low. If you sim ahead 10 years you will see. Every team will have guys in the starting lineup averaging 0.0 and 0.1 assist.

Point guards are fine but since no one else on the team get assist point guard assist numbers are very high. The top 30 players in assist and maybe more will be point guards. Having players in the starting lineup averaging 0.0 assist is a must fix. Should have been fixed and shouldn't even have been a problem.

It needs to be acknowledged. Hardly anyone knows because most probably are not in future years in their myleague. I always sim ahead to find problems. This is bad. I posted this a couple of times and I'm done. Its ridiculous this is not fixed. It may be to late when people start to notice.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #34
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0

Second round picks are never getting signed...I know they don't always get signed (or make a roster) in real life but it seems to never happen except for maybe the first pick in the second round. Free agency hits and almost every second rounder is available to be signed.

Second rounds picks are already kind of pointless, but now they're a whole different kind of pointless since they all go to the free agency pool with no restrictions on signing immediately following the draft. I'm sure Damian Jones doesn't mind too much though, he just got a fat contract thanks to his original team not wanting the minimum salary:

Also, contract amounts still seem pretty bad even after the patch. Neither Conley nor Beal got anywhere close to the max in my first offseason. Here were Conley's offers:
Old 12-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #35
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I'm sure Damian Jones doesn't mind too much though, he just got a fat contract thanks to his original team not wanting the minimum salary:
Spoiler
Haha I know this all too well. Second round picks and unproven players need to be signing for the minimum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 01:03 AM   #36
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Brilliant idea for a thread BluFlu. MyLeague/MyGM is really the only mode i care about (and gameplay obviously). I'll keep this thread in mind for when i notice something.

The observations in this thread so far have been top notch too. Bless this place. I hope like hell the 2k devs catch wind of this thread.

Edit: Screw it. I just tweeted this thread to Leftos, along with the MyGM wishlist thread.

Last edited by Barncore; 12-08-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 AM   #37
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I haven't heard anyone else say otherwise, so I'm going to guess this is indeed the case:

Teams are not given the opportunity to match their RFAs' offer sheets. If this is for sure the case (I can say it definitely is for user-controlled teams), RFAs are essentially identical to UFAs. A monstrously large oversight.

Also, for another point on contract amounts:

Cap has jumped to over $90M, and he asks for a significant pay cut from his already meager $8M. smh...
Old 12-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #38
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

The 'Injury Severity' and 'Injury Duration' sliders are not available to adjust during a MyLeague save...only when initially creating the franchise. I mention this because it doesn't seem like something that would need to be hard-set at the creation of a new franchise (like salary cap/inflation would).

I really want to tweak my injury settings, but all I can change are the frequency and effects sliders
Old 12-11-2015, 03:43 AM   #39
Rookie

Is there anyway to put a legacy Michael Jordan on the current Bulls with #23? It wont let me change his jersey to #23

Also stat titles should be tracked in the awards area of player profiles. I would love to be able to go in and see all the years a player has won a scoring, rebounding, or assist title. If a person lead the league in a major stat category we should be able to have that listed.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:48 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Couple of Issues/Questions, that I'd like answers to or fixed if you can't do...

- After starting a MyLeague, is there any way to switch the teams you control?
I will control 3 teams, to move them. But can I be another team that I don't move (if moving 3) or switch from those 3 I start with?

- Also, I can't find a way to sort players by position in MyLeague.
I like to scroll thru the other teams and look for players I might want. Say I want to trade for a PG. Why can't I just look at other teams PGs instead of the whole roster. I've tried hitting all the buttons to switch to positions on a team, but see no way to do it.
I second this! I need to be able to see a list of every soul in my league broken down by position. Madden, has that, I believe 2K had it in years past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »