Home

#Simnation NBA 2k16 Teaching Videos - Ideas & Wish List

This is a discussion on #Simnation NBA 2k16 Teaching Videos - Ideas & Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #9
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: #Simnation NBA 2k16 Teaching Videos - Ideas & Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
As far as im aware #SimNation exists to encourage all players to play sim. To play basketball the way it would be in real life or as close to it as possible. To learn and enjoy the experience

It does not exist to belittle, degrade or patronise people who do not play the same way.

Although I've bumped into a few SimNation guys who are incredibly condescending and judgemental, passive aggressive comments aimed to insult you are not abnormal.

But that is the minority. It would be a shame if they headed in that direction.

I consider myself a sim player but I do not consider myself a member of SimNation. I'm sim but not quite as sim as they are. While they strive to play realistic NBA basketball I just strive to play realistic basketball.

The difference is, a lot of SimNation wouldn't go near fantasy drafts or crazy trades that land Aldridge and CP3 in New York or whatever. To them, that isn't sim. Because it's not realistic.

To me. As long as those players still play they would have, I don't care. I enjoy that fantasy aspect. As long as the on court stuff is realistic.

Anyway... enough rambling.

Great thread idea. Hope it takes off. I may have some questions once the game is out. I have a strong foundation of basketball knowledge though (my mother was a coach, grew up around the game, played for most of my life) so we'll wait and see.

I get that some guys are "simmier than thou" but for me, I'm pretty much a student anyway, so the best I could do is keeping learning concepts and use what I know about how to play the game just from years of playing it sim style and break it down for others.

But yeah, for anyone doing this stuff, we need to take people where they are at, recognizing there was a time for all of us when we were new and didn't know anything. We all had to learn somehow, and other people helped us, whether it was as coaches or people putting content out there we could learn from online.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: #Simnation NBA 2k16 Teaching Videos - Ideas & Wish List

Even though we are Sim Gamers we are all & always will be students of the game. Nobody has all the answers on the court on each side of the ball. If a player wants to fully commit to Sim ball & learn things I'm all for it. Each year we must all learn how to control the game and run things in a Sim aspect.

The fact practice plays has returned will help out tremendously. There you can practice by using different offense vs different defense. In addition, watching Youtube videos from specific channels would help. One channel I recommend is "BBALLBREAKDOWN" there are a few others to help understand concepts and etc. But, the best experience is practice against other Sim & Online Users.

I'm always up for a game and so are others in the #SimNation Good Games Thread here. My info is in the Sig so when 2k16 drops reach out to me as I need to fine tune my skills & others in that thread are up to help also.

If anyone has any other YouTube channels to recommend viewing & other ideas feel free to add.

Last edited by DaBoyBk; 09-11-2015 at 11:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »