Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #873
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Some good news for you guys.

As requested, we have successfully added the ability to manually assign injuries (including their duration) to players. This can be done outside of MyLEAGUE as well, meaning shared rosters can have these values set as well.

In addition, we also added a new option in the setup menu of MyLEAGUE that allows you to decide whether or not you want to start the mode with the injuries assigned in the roster. Default behavior is to wipe all injuries such that everyone starts healthy.

There is one thing we have been discussing internally and have been split on; would love some opinions from the community. As I mentioned in the original interview, one feature in the Injuries 2.0 system is that players will wear appropriate accessories when recovering from an injury (e.g. sprained knee). If you manually assign an injury to a player, would you expect that player to then be automatically equipped with an appropriate accessory, or would that be a little too heavy-handed and taking control away from you?

Feedback welcomed. Hope everyone enjoys the addition!
This has me so hyped for NBA 2K15!!!! I can have a MYLeague without PG13 and see how the Pacers coupe with that and plan for the here and now and the future. I love it guys. Keep it coming. Bringing back power to the gamer
Old 08-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #874
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

One thing that disappointed me about my Gm is I never saw cpu trades during the draft after the patch. Is trading back in for cpu teams during the draft?

Also I would love to see sign and trades.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #875
Pro

OVR: 2

The fact we can edit injuries brought a tear to my eye. So much customization.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #876
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

The question now becomes, can we start a MyCareer with pre-existing injuries as well?

I hated the fact that all injuries were wiped clean when starting the mode, resulting in Kobe Bryant and Nerlens Noel playing the whole year--Noel's presence in the Rookie Showcase was even lampshaded by Steve Kerr, basically going "Huh. I guess his recovery's further along than we expected."

Don't get me wrong, I hope Nerlens Noel has a great real-life career, but still, seeing torn-ACL guys like Joel Embiid on the court BEFORE the draft is a blow to realism, and one that's now even easier to fix.

That said, thank you guys so much for putting this in for us. Please don't take this as looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:30 AM   #877
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

Are we going to be able to assign injuries to rookies in a created draft class? Something similar to Joel Embiid or Nerlens Noel?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #878
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure if MyLeague will be the right mode to query this....but here goes...

Does anyone know if there will be a way in this mode (or any other for that matter) where you can mimic the real NBA season in terms of rosters, injuries, signs, trades etc.?

And I mean without doing it manually - like if (hypothetical here) Josh Smith got traded on the 17th of November, that happens in your season (without you having to manually go an do it)?

Similar to the concept of Live Season (in the "other game")....

I am guessing the best way of doing this in your season would be to import a roster mid season (with it not messing with your stats accumulated thus far) - does anyone know if that is possible in this mode??

EDIT: Basically NBA Today but in a recorded season with stats, scheduling, playoffs etc.

Thanks in advance everyone....

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 08-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #879
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Not sure if MyLeague will be the right mode to query this....but here goes...

Does anyone know if there will be a way in this mode (or any other for that matter) where you can mimic the real NBA season in terms of rosters, injuries, signs, trades etc.?
And I mean without doing it manually - like if (hypothetical here) Josh Smith got traded on the 17th of November, that happens in your season (without you having to manually go an do it)?
Similar to the concept of Live Season (in the "other game")....
I am guessing the best way of doing this in your season would be to import a roster mid season (with it not messing with your stats accumulated thus far) - does anyone know if that is possible in this mode??

EDIT: Basically NBA Today but in a recorded season with stats, scheduling, playoffs etc.
I've been wanting this since its debut with NBA live 10. It's my dream that has never been done in 2k series.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #880
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
I've been wanting this since its debut with NBA live 10. It's my dream that has never been done in 2k series.

Seems fairly basic aswell - basically NBA Today in the form of a recorded season....

Simply put, the days happenings (by date) gets "archived" in the "cloud" if you will.....and when say the 10th of December arrives on your schedule - it synchronizes and then lets you keep going - it doing this on a daily basis..... your stats staying un-affected of course.

Nothing would please me more than facing a team and the rosters are the same as the real life match up that took place on that day in the real NBA season.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »