Home

NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

There are many issues that prevent NBA 2K14's My Team mode from being fun: unreliable servers, online input lag, unreasonable card prices, a lack of compelling single player content, duplicate players that must be immediately discarded, no way to trade, sell or buy cards directly from other users.

Read More - NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / Wii U / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Sounds good to me
Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great idea. More needs to be done to these modes. FIFA has online seasons which is great. Allowing a friend to play on your team (couch co-op) is important. Even better if they allow online play that way. And having a salary cap should be required in all of these modes. Unfortunately, i dont think they will because it might decrease amount of money people put into these modes. There really isn't any team creativity in it. Just spend money, get the best players, and play.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
I played myteam 2k13 on ps3 with a 500vc salary, RusselW VernonMAx GGreen Kemp Bill rusell and pretty much destroyed all my opponents If your salary is over 1000 and more than 4 gold players, your just another hop steppin 7footer.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

I definitely wish there was salary cap, or like you said in the article a limit to how many gold players you can play in a game. After playing and getting 3 stars for every team in domination mode, I have stopped playing My Team because I don't want to go online and just face all these "super teams." For my own team I use a mix of players instead of using all gold players, I wish more people did this as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Idc for the salary and that doesn't deter ppl from spending money for 'super teams'. Personally I just don't play with legends just with current players. I think they should have a match search where there might be a team criteria so you can set how many gold players or sapphire you play.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't really get what's so bad about super teams as long as they're not matched up against non-super teams.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

I don't think there has to be a "salary cap", but there should be a separate mode that is a little more realistic.

I would make it so that the top 7-8 players on the team, ratings wise, would have to be below a certain average. This basically means that if you want to stack a team with a few superstars, the rest of your team would have to be pretty poor so you'd be sacrificing a lot.

For example, let's say that the average rating of your top 8 players would have to be below 84. This would mean to balance out a 99 overall Michael Jordan you would need a very mediocre player in your top 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »