Home

NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #17
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA 2K14: Would a Salary Cap Help MyTeam?

I wish there was a salary cap since I believe it'd add more strategy to the mode by picking better players that work together without stacking it, it would bring more parity between players who buy the packs and the ones who grind through the mode to get good players and it'd make more sense to have a good bench instead of playing the starters all game.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
Honestly, I believe this would hinder the game. I don't own a superstar team like those described and play pretty well. I have most of my bench players out on the court just as much as my star starters and have not lost to any teams, yet, take in to consideration that I am only in the 5th seed.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Salary cap would definitely help..would actually make these people use some sort of a strategy when building a team.

It's not fair when I'm in the 8th seed and my best player is Monta Ellis by far, and I go up against some crazy lineup of the top 5 players of all time lol.

It's funny because even with the cheesy teams I haven't actually lost a game so far (in the 6th seed currently) but it would definitely make playing the game more enjoyable because I wouldn't have to play so fake to get these wins.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
Rookie

2K should have the "Road to the Playoffs" mode with a salary cap, along with unranked online matches where players can make their superstar dream teams and go up against other superstar teams.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #21
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Restricting the number of superstars per team would cause starting lineups to more closely resemble a real NBA roster, plus it would also allow My Team newcomers to field a competitive squad without having to spend millions in virtual currency.
haha yep. don't expect any changes soon guys. this is the whole point of MyTeam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #22
Rookie

MUT blows 2k MyTeam and MyGM out the water. Can't even compare the 2. You can buy 1 10k vc gold pack and get literally 1 player, 1 contract, maybe 2 jerseys you already have. In MUT, if you had the equivalence of 10k VC, you'd be getting 4+ players, jerseys, contracts, GM's, stadiums, collectibles. Even though EA is not that great at sports, they value their customers and give you what you pay for. Not the BS 4.99 for 1 player, 1 contract, 1-2 random jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »