Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #57
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Having played next gen, do you feel that you will still find current gen enjoyable?
I will. The graphics are a jump but not so big that I will hate current gen. We will see when I get home tonight and play current gen but I don't think it will be an issue. Also I have no choice if I want to play association.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

As a basketball ****** gamer, that enjoys online leagues, I'm actually more optimistic about MyGm going forward, than something like CCM/CFM. I'm admittedly bias of 2k due to my impressions of their products but I'm fine with the solo MyGM INITIALLY and then expanding it to multi player next year.

While I generally agree that I never want to see features removed IF it's possible to avoid, I think the ideal time to do so is with the release of a newly built game, on new consoles. Most people have NBA2k14 current gen to get their multi team Association fix and the biggest crossover for most basketball gamers to next gen consoles and games will be next year.

I'm really interested to see just how fleshed out this MyGM mode is, with video highlights from other games in your league and I'm salivating at the thought of something like that being expanded out to multi player with online capability next year or the year after.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #59
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWater1417
Just Think of It....

If NBA2k14 have all the features from the old version and add all of the features they introduce today, what features you'll expect to NBA 2K15 and so on? improved graphics and presentation? then you'll say "NOTHINGS NEW JUST IMPROVED GRAPHICS ETC"...
Umm idk? An improved Next Gen gameplay system? To take away a mode or a feature just to label it new is a very bad move. Especially if you did it once and saw how upset people were. I don't care if you are the other company or 2K. You don't do things like that. You could still have Association and then have GM Mode.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #60
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
And that seems to be the route this franchise is going. I hope I'm wrong. But they are shunning a part of the community by removing a very popular feature.
I was actually nervous about the whole MYplyaer craze taking over the entire game, just didnt think it would happen so soon. 2k really needs to come through with more details about this new MYGM mode quick becuase they seem to be losing customers due to lack of knowledge about what it includes, telling us whats not included but nothing else wasnt a good idea it seems.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
And that seems to be the route this franchise is going. I hope I'm wrong. But they are shunning a part of the community by removing a very popular feature.
Association is a very popular feature but also lots of issues and complaints... the only reason (maybe) 2K take this out is to prevent further comparison of association from CG to NG and make it better for futher release of NBA2K in Next Gen... Bad Idea for someone but not at all...

ITS NOT THE END OF NEXT GEN ITS JUST A START...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #62
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
As a basketball ****** gamer, that enjoys online leagues, I'm actually more optimistic about MyGm going forward, than something like CCM/CFM. I'm admittedly bias of 2k due to my impressions of their products but I'm fine with the solo MyGM INITIALLY and then expanding it to multi player next year.

While I generally agree that I never want to see features removed IF it's possible to avoid, I think the ideal time to do so is with the release of a newly built game, on new consoles. Most people have NBA2k14 current gen to get their multi team Association fix and the biggest crossover for most basketball gamers to next gen consoles and games will be next year.

I'm really interested to see just how fleshed out this MyGM mode is, with video highlights from other games in your league and I'm salivating at the thought of something like that being expanded out to multi player with online capability next year or the year after.
I am honestly confused. What is the difference between Madden taking out the same feature last year and everyone getting upset? And when NBA 2K does it people are interested in the mode.

I'm not trying to cause a disruption or anything but a wrong is a wrong. Why didn't they learn from NBA 2K5 or Madden 13? Isn't this the same arrogance the other company shows?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #63
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I was actually nervous about the whole MYplyaer craze taking over the entire game, just didnt think it would happen so soon. 2k really needs to come through with more details about this new MYGM mode quick becuase they seem to be losing customers due to lack of knowledge about what it includes, telling us whats not included but nothing else wasnt a good idea it seems.
It's really a double edged sword. They aren't losing customers because people wanting a basketball game will just get the CG version. And the people interested or who have already gotten a NG system have invested into NBA 2K14 (I fall into that category).

It's not a game breaking thing but it is a concern I have that this will just be a one team thing. And with me and others getting the game it shows we are ok with it. I'm not ok with this change. But I want to experience this game on NG.

I feel so conflicted.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I am honestly confused. What is the difference between Madden taking out the same feature last year and everyone getting upset? And when NBA 2K does it people are interested in the mode.

I'm not trying to cause a disruption or anything but a wrong is a wrong. Why didn't they learn from NBA 2K5 or Madden 13? Isn't this the same arrogance the other company shows?
I'm plenty upset. Did u read my article?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »