Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
My association 😢
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

I hate that im getting a Madden CCM feel from the new MYGM mode in 2k, but its hard not to when they took away things thats been in the game for years, I never like EA's way of taking out old features just to bring them back later as new features, but this is a new system so I wont be to hard on 2k, if I can get a confirmation on custom rosters then I can get back to being excited about this game.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'll just say I'm glad I kept my 360. I'll be playing a 30 team association with custom music and having a blast. I'll still get the next gen version for myPlayer. Don't why any myPlayer fan would not get the next gen version with all the improvements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can u still create a player in my gm because I usually create a player 2 my liking.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #45
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Yea seems that way, for guys that like to replicate their season to rotations and trades or signings they see in real life are going to be unhappy.

Im one of those guys, We have no choice now but to join 2k's "My" revoloution. lol
Man, I still can't believe they made a so huuuuuge mistake. There must be an option in myGM settings which allows us to force transactions and edit other team players even if we are controlling just one team. It makes no sense at all that if they try to replicate reality in every sense in the game, they don't allow us to replicate a real season with real transactions and rotations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Player Editing is the one thing I need to know about. If they've removed player editing, ala Madden, then 2K14 next-gen is a no-go....
I doubt they are have made the game THAT restrictive but seeing that it has become more and more restricting year after year I don't know what to think. It's definitely a no-go if they have done it.

I still hope we can edit players for the simple reason that the shoe creator is still in the game, and I doubt they add a shoe huge feature just to add them to my player.

EDIT: if a dev doesn't come around to answer these doubts I'll get really worried.

Last edited by seanbarkley; 10-24-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll just say I'm glad I kept my 360. I'll be playing a 30 team association with custom music and having a blast. I'll still get the next gen version for myPlayer. Don't why any myPlayer fan would not get the next gen version with all the improvements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I am definitely glad I grabbed the PC version, it will work great for my association. The gameplay and graphical improvements are too much to pass up, so I will get the ps4 version for quick games and my player.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #47
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Man, I still can't believe they made a so huuuuuge mistake. There must be an option in myGM settings which allow us to force transactions and edit other team players even if we are controlling just one team. It makes no sense at all that if they try to replicate reality in every sense in the game, they don't allow us to replicate a real season with real transactions and rotations.

I doubt they are have made the game THAT restrictive but seeing that the game has become more and more restricting year after year I don't what to think. It's definitely a no-go if they have done it.

I still hope we can edit players for the simple reason that the shoe creator is still in the game, and I doubt they add a shoe huge feature just to add them to my player.
Well SB you kind of took a load off my mind by letting me know that the shoe editior is in next gen, they have to still have the edit player feature if they kept the shoe maker. Right???
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
I have no need to upgrade to next-gen.
Almost all the games are carbon copies of current gen but with stripped down options. The graphics aren't even that big of a jump up.

For years we've been hearing developers cry how the current hardware isn't enough to match their genius.
Well if the earliest games are any indication, the developers are the ones that have kept games from reaching the next level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »