Home

Default settings should be set to something more useful

This is a discussion on Default settings should be set to something more useful within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-24-2024, 10:41 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Default settings should be set to something more useful

I don’t know how many adjustments are made even with ACE on, and the settings on auto.

I think there are some defensive and offensive settings in this game that sort of “wake up” the players, and in my opinion these should be set as the default so that pick up and play players get a fuller experience of what the game can do.

For example pick and rolls.

Most people run their entire offence through pick and rolls.

If someone is playing defence, the default settings will leave your big man essentially useless, the rotations will be a mess as well as your 6’4 shooting guard sprints to the middle of the paint in a misguided attempt to help.

Why not have drop coverage/catch hedge be the default? For off ball screens why not have switch be the default?

From there, the people that are a bit more rigorous in their approach can edit the settings to their liking, and the people that aren’t too well versed in it don’t have to worry too much.

This way even if ACE/Auto settings aren’t fully working, atleast the game is still utilizing some of the more advanced features

What do yall think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 12:02 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Default settings should be set to something more useful

I see what you're saying. But not to bring up a different problem here. I'd like to be able to just save my settings/favorite plays/others for PNO...

Doesn't each team have its own set up? You're saying you'd like keep it the same for everyone and the people that what to change it will? If so that sounds very boring. That means by default all teams would be the same for User vs CPU.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:12 PM   #3
Pro

Saving would be a great option for sure

From what I’m guessing based on the MyEra’s coach gameplay setup, when someone gets injured you have to change the game plan/defensive settings since the players are not the same.

This may be what is preventing them from making it so we are able to save the defensive settings. It Seems to want to save it as a whole encompassing the player minutes and individual settings, instead of treating the defensive settings as a part of just the coaches profile.

Every team does not play the same in real life, but right now the default game plan which is pretty bland has everyone playing the same unless you change it anyways.

I would rather every team do drop coverage by default instead of just completely ignore a pick and roll is happening by default
Old 04-24-2024, 05:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Saving would be a great option for sure

From what I’m guessing based on the MyEra’s coach gameplay setup, when someone gets injured you have to change the game plan/defensive settings since the players are not the same.

This may be what is preventing them from making it so we are able to save the defensive settings. It Seems to want to save it as a whole encompassing the player minutes and individual settings, instead of treating the defensive settings as a part of just the coaches profile.

Every team does not play the same in real life, but right now the default game plan which is pretty bland has everyone playing the same unless you change it anyways.

I would rather every team do drop coverage by default instead of just completely ignore a pick and roll is happening by default
I'm pretty sure drop coverage is the setting by default. Or at least it is in MyNBA file I'm playing.

And completely agree with the setting/lineups rotation changing due to injury. It's a little bit annoying having to do everything again because of the injuries.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I see what you're saying. But not to bring up a different problem here. I'd like to be able to just save my settings/favorite plays/others for PNO...

Doesn't each team have its own set up? You're saying you'd like keep it the same for everyone and the people that what to change it will? If so that sounds very boring. That means by default all teams would be the same for User vs CPU.
Man I would do anything to have my settings and playbook saved in PNO. I would also love to have all the settings available in the timeout menu. I don't enjoy making my opponent wait when I need to make some adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Dudes must not like money enough. I don't get it. Especially with the reputation of Take-Two. Making a universally good default settings and sliders similar to 2K11 would probably encourage to buy the game earlier AND more microtransaction opp rather than being such an obvious clearance discount game if you don't have any year-round aspirations to work with this basketball monopoly.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:13 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu9
I'm pretty sure drop coverage is the setting by default. Or at least it is in MyNBA file I'm playing.

And completely agree with the setting/lineups rotation changing due to injury. It's a little bit annoying having to do everything again because of the injuries.
If what I see them doing on my game is drop coverage then we are doomed 😭
Old 04-29-2024, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
If what I see them doing on my game is drop coverage then we are doomed ��
Here's a compilation of some PnR plays I ran with the Suns. As I said, the majority of teams were in drop coverage.

-In the first four plays, the CPU defends the PnR in drop coverage (on-ball defender goes over the screen)

-In the 5th and 6th plays, also drop coverage but on-ball defenders go under the screen, which I don't recommend unless the ball handler is not a good shooter.

-In the 7th, 8th and 9th plays, the CPU decides to switch. Nothing wrong with it but the on-ball defender should go under the screen in that case.

-In the 10th play, it seems that Draymond hedges the screen but there's absolutely no rotation, giving up a wide open dunk.

-In the 11th play, the big stays with the screener in a Pick and Pop but the rotation is late, which allows Booker to get a 3 point play.

-In the last two plays, the rotation is just awful, help should come from the other other side of the floor, where there are two defenders on the perimeter. This way, one can play the shooters and the other can help and recover.

So I definitely understand why you want PnR coverage to be the default setting. I also agree switching should also be the default one on PnR between wings and guards (on-ball and off-ball)

Last edited by shaqfu9; 04-29-2024 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »