Home

Default settings should be set to something more useful

This is a discussion on Default settings should be set to something more useful within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 02:07 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Default settings should be set to something more useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu9
Here's a compilation of some PnR plays I ran with the Suns. As I said, the majority of teams were in drop coverage.

-In the first four plays, the CPU defends the PnR in drop coverage (on-ball defender goes over the screen)

-In the 5th and 6th plays, also drop coverage but on-ball defenders go under the screen, which I don't recommend unless the ball handler is not a good shooter.

-In the 7th, 8th and 9th plays, the CPU decides to switch. Nothing wrong with it but the on-ball defender should go under the screen in that case.

-In the 10th play, it seems that Draymond hedges the screen but there's absolutely no rotation, giving up a wide open dunk.

-In the 11th play, the big stays with the screener in a Pick and Pop but the rotation is late, which allows Booker to get a 3 point play.

-In the last two plays, the rotation is just awful, help should come from the other other side of the floor, where there are two defenders on the perimeter. This way, one can play the shooters and the other can help and recover.

So I definitely understand why you want PnR coverage to be the default setting. I also agree switching should also be the default one on PnR between wings and guards (on-ball and off-ball)

Great footage thank you.

When we play the CPU they are much more capable of making these changes than a user team with ACE set to offence and Defence, and on auto.

Atleast in the user vs user games I play in MyNBA, almost every screen is uncontested

The capability is in the game, so if ace isn’t triggering drop or switch for some reason I think maybe having it hard coded as the default would help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »