Home

Should NBA 2K get rid of team Tiers?

This is a discussion on Should NBA 2K get rid of team Tiers? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2023, 10:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should NBA 2K get rid of team Tiers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think that's another "rule" Anyone playing in the same league with a certain number of games is exposed to tier one teams. Again my theory.

We were just talking about this in the PNO thread about facing classic teams. I don't they would do that. As much as I'd love for them too.
Classic teams should not be available for Play Now Online matchups, because players who utilize historic teams will dominate a game with 1 player, and it’s nothing we can do about it as the opponent.
Old 09-29-2023, 10:51 PM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
Classic teams should not be available for Play Now Online matchups, because players who utilize historic teams will dominate a game with 1 player, and it’s nothing we can do about it as the opponent.
I don't agree with that completely. Every team in this game has a weakness. While it may be small they still have a weakness. The one team everyone hates are the 17 Warriors. There is zero doubt everyone hates racing them. Just too many shooters. That's not even mentioning KD. Even with shooting a little higher this year. There are still weaknesses on these classic teams. Stamina is huge this year. If you don't give players a rest they will suck. Most classic teams rosters aren't complete. Facing a lot of Williams out there .
Old 09-30-2023, 10:50 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I don't agree with that completely. Every team in this game has a weakness. While it may be small they still have a weakness. The one team everyone hates are the 17 Warriors. There is zero doubt everyone hates racing them. Just too many shooters. That's not even mentioning KD. Even with shooting a little higher this year. There are still weaknesses on these classic teams. Stamina is huge this year. If you don't give players a rest they will suck. Most classic teams rosters aren't complete. Facing a lot of Williams out there .
I get tired of playing against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He will snatch my dunk/layup attempt from the free-throw line. I get it! He was great for his era, but C’mon! The stuff he’s doing in the game is uncalled for. It’s a guaranteed And-1 for him if he’s fouled in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2023, 07:48 PM   #12
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Tiers have got to stay. Otherwise, as mentioned, it's gonna be nothing but 17 warriors every single game. But it's really not their scoring that bothers me, it's the insane level of defense & rebounding they're loaded with.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:11 PM   #13
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
I get tired of playing against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He will snatch my dunk/layup attempt from the free-throw line. I get it! He was great for his era, but C’mon! The stuff he’s doing in the game is uncalled for. It’s a guaranteed And-1 for him if he’s fouled in the paint.
I get it. Playing the best teams in each tier sucks. But even the 71 bucks have weaknesses. I've beaten them a few times this year. Double team Kareem and force anyone but the Big O from hurting you.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:44 PM   #14
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I get it. Playing the best teams in each tier sucks. But even the 71 bucks have weaknesses. I've beaten them a few times this year. Double team Kareem and force anyone but the Big O from hurting you.
well the 71 bucks have only 7 real players

its time to get rid of the older history teams from 1965-1984

and put in the teams like
19-20 LAL 19-20 MIA 19-20 BOS 20-21 BUCKS 20-21 SUNS 21-22 GSW 21-22 BOS 22-23 DEN 22-23 MIA
Old 09-30-2023, 11:09 PM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
well the 71 bucks have only 7 real players

its time to get rid of the older history teams from 1965-1984

and put in the teams like

19-20 LAL 19-20 MIA 19-20 BOS 20-21 BUCKS 20-21 SUNS 21-22 GSW 21-22 BOS 22-23 DEN 22-23 MIA
Ahhhhh first that's kind of ****ed up you just want to erase NBA history from the game. I think that's insane. That's definitely not the answer. You don't think they want to put those championship teams in? That's definitely waaaay too recent. The 20 Lakers are probably the next candidates.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »