Home

Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

This is a discussion on Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #17
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

Yea, none of these are the easy-fix people hoped.

The only thing you can do is set your sliders up in a way that makes sure a defender will be there, but that they won't always block the shot/layup or effectively contest it.

Maxing out the Defense Strength sliders is a good start, but then you need to decrease Blocking (I've been using 25, anything between 20-30 should be fine) or else a high volume of shots/layups will be swatted out of play. You also need to decrease the Vertical slider (somewhere between 0-25) so that contest attempts are more likely to come up short and thus hit the wrist or elbow instead of the hand or ball. And with high Defense Strength sliders you'll obviously need to drastically decrease the Shot Coverage Impact slider (I wouldn't leave this any higher than 20) or else every shot will be categorized as heavily contested or smothered and thus FG% will be way too low.

Help Defense Strength needs to be high enough that the help defender is able to get in a decent enough position to contest, but not so high that their contest will always hone in on the ball. 75-85 seems to be the sweet spot there. Ditto for Defensive Awareness.

Defensive Consistency, I have no clue. I've tried at 0, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 100. Fouls are still inconsistent no matter what setting I've used here, so idk what to even suggest.

Contest Shots tendency needs to be maxed out for the User so that your teammates are sure to go up and contest.

And even if you find the magical combination of all these sliders to trigger shooting foul animations at a high rate, the game will still be inconsistent and randomly decide to just not call fouls anyway.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Higher Defensive Sliders Equals To More Fouls In Game 2K22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea, none of these are the easy-fix people hoped.

The only thing you can do is set your sliders up in a way that makes sure a defender will be there, but that they won't always block the shot/layup or effectively contest it.

Maxing out the Defense Strength sliders is a good start, but then you need to decrease Blocking (I've been using 25, anything between 20-30 should be fine) or else a high volume of shots/layups will be swatted out of play. You also need to decrease the Vertical slider (somewhere between 0-25) so that contest attempts are more likely to come up short and thus hit the wrist or elbow instead of the hand or ball. And with high Defense Strength sliders you'll obviously need to drastically decrease the Shot Coverage Impact slider (I wouldn't leave this any higher than 20) or else every shot will be categorized as heavily contested or smothered and thus FG% will be way too low.

Help Defense Strength needs to be high enough that the help defender is able to get in a decent enough position to contest, but not so high that their contest will always hone in on the ball. 75-85 seems to be the sweet spot there. Ditto for Defensive Awareness.

Defensive Consistency, I have no clue. I've tried at 0, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 100. Fouls are still inconsistent no matter what setting I've used here, so idk what to even suggest.

Contest Shots tendency needs to be maxed out for the User so that your teammates are sure to go up and contest.

And even if you find the magical combination of all these sliders to trigger shooting foul animations at a high rate, the game will still be inconsistent and randomly decide to just not call fouls anyway.

Hey Eccentric,

do you have a specific slider set you want to share with us because I love your inside and your ideas and I would really appreciate to take a look into your settings.
Thanks as always.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »