Home

RES2 2K22 All Star Current Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on RES2 2K22 All Star Current Gen Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: RES2 2K22 All Star Current Gen Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishlebron
Hi res! Interesting numbers! Did u get that only with new sliders or making too the adjustments in the roster for attributes and tendencies that u explain in the first page?

Many thanks and i hope u can fix the game
I guarantee I can't fix the game. But hopefully I can help with some suggestions that make the game better.

I am working from these sliders plus the adjustments to rosters I highlight in the first post.

I'm currently playing with the sliders above, but with more tweaks as described in the last few posts. I just made some adjustments based on creweutah's suggestions (thank you).

I increased Shoot 3s tendencies by 25 for all players and contested 3s by 15. This is not as much as creweutah but I'll see how this goes and may adjust more.

For sliders, I have adjusted Hustle to 65/35 and Lateral Quickness to 50/50.

I'm playing with Def Awareness at 75 and Def Consistency at 25.

I'm liking the results. If this goes well for a couple of games I'll publish the full slider set.

Last edited by res2; 05-26-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:49 PM   #74
Pro

Higher Def Awareness seems to be really reducing fouls.

I'll keep playing with it but I'm not getting the fouls with Def Awareness up. Trying some other combos.

This game still makes me nuts.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2022, 09:43 PM   #75
Pro

First game with Def Awareness at 15 and Def Consistency at 85. I bumped Quickness up to 65 for better defensive reactions. I (Seattle) had pretty high PIP as I tried to drive and get fouled a lot.

What I like better - I went from single digit free throws to high teens/low twenties. Much better.

What I still don't like - too few turnovers (frequent problem), too few steals and blocks for Chicago, and shooting % was a tad low.

But l liked the flow of the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2022, 05:32 AM   #76
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0

Promising indeed. When I designed a slider set for 2k17 it drove me nuts but at the end of the day there is so much sliders can do. However finding the right balance with adjusting global tendencies and at the same time tweaking the sliders to match the adjustments made with the global edits is definitely the way to go and it can most definitely make the game playable to the point where stats are decent. At the end of the day, just like real life basketball, no two games are always the same. Some games stats will fluctuate such as 3pa and PIP, and fouls, but I guess the goal here is to try and get a much better and consistent outcome but also and most importantly have fun games. Your set is by far the best I’ve tried using the default 2k roster.

Only gripe is it’s relatively easy (and cheesy) on how the CPU just stands there at times and allows me to sprint past them too easily and make a layup and/or dunk. Once that’s addressed (easy fix) your set along with potential further small tweaks to global edits, you’ll have yourself a beautiful set. And that’s saying a lot using just a default roster out of the box. I feel you’re close to finding the right balance so thanks for your work and patience. I can relate to the feeling of continuously tweaking to find a balance. But as I said, you’re not far off. The truly sad part is that these plaguing issues With lack of three pointers and fouls has been an issues for many years and 2k is yet to address it and that personally just shows 2k only cares about the online aspect of the game which is frustrating and that’s putting it lightly. 2k has so many resources, I don’t understand how they can’t get a handful of developers to only work on the roster, editing tendencies, badges, hot zones, and updating them consistently. Not once every ten years. I’ve compared some of the tendencies (all of them) for over 50 players and many of them have barely changed over the years. It’s a pathetic effort from 2k and this needs to be addressed. The only tricky part is that by adjusting too many global tendencies, the sliders will also need to be adjusted to accomodate those changes but the set is a WIP and it’s nearly there. You got this my guy. I appreciate you.

Last edited by creweutah; 05-28-2022 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Res i play not %real but i prefer timing, do you think yours sliders work just as well?
Old 05-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega63
Res i play not %real but i prefer timing, do you think yours sliders work just as well?
Yeah - I would think so. You might need to tweak the shooting sliders if you are hitting or missing too many shots (3s, mid, or around the basket). But most of the sliders will not change the experience too much for timing.

Try it and let me know what you think. I'll post the current full set I'm playing with (testing) right now in a bit.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:35 PM   #79
Pro

Currently testing this set.

Major changes per my notes above - Def Awareness at 15, Def Consistency at 80/85. Moved Acceleration from 35 to 65 and Lateral Quickness up from 35 to 50 for better defensive recovery. A few other tweaks.

Let me know what you think.

SETTINGS
Game Difficulty: Start on Pro or All Star (higher if you want a little more challenge and are OK with the minor CPU cheating at Superstar and HoF)
Game Speed: 60
Camera: Broadcast or Nosebleed (these sliders will be too easy on 2K Cam)

CONTROLLER SETTINGS
Shot Timing: Real Player %
Free Throw Timing: Real Player %
Defensive Assist with Intense-D: 0
Box Assist Strength: 50

SLIDERS
USER/CPU (if only 1 number they are the same for both)

OFFENSE
Inside Shot Success - 40/46
Close Shot Success - 44/50
Mid-Range Shot Success - 56/62
3PT Success - 48/54
Layup Success – 44/50
Shot Coverage Impact - 45
Shot Timing Impact - 0/0 (I use real%; improved CPU shooting %)
Dunk in Traffic Frequency - 65
Dunk in Traffic Success - 40
Pass Accuracy - 25/20
Alley-Oop Success - 50/40
Contact Shot Success - 40
Ball Security - 25/0
Body-Up Sensitivity - 65/85
Pass Speed - 35

DEFENSE
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 100
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 85
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 85
Help Defense Strength - 75
Steal Success - 55

ATTRIBUTES
Acceleration - 65
Vertical – 0
Strength – 65
Stamina – 50
Speed – 35
Durability - 50
Hustle – 65/35 (trying for better user fast breaks)
Ball Handling – 50
Hands – 75
Dunking Ability - 50
On-Ball Defense – 35/15
Stealing – 55
Blocking – 50/40 (I keep user at 50 because I only play the PG on defense; lower human as needed)
Offensive Awareness - 85
Defensive Awareness – 15
Offensive Rebounding - 25
Defensive Rebounding – 40
Offensive Consistency - 45/50
Defensive Consistency - 80/85
Fatigue Rate – 50
Lateral Quickness - 50

TENDENCIES
Take Inside Shots - 15
Take Close Shots - 10
Take Mid-Range Shots - 75
Take 3PT Shots - 85
Post Shots - 75
Attack the Basket - 35
Look for Post Players - 75
Throw Alley-Oops - 65
Attempt Dunks - 75
Attempt Putbacks - 65
Play Passing Lanes - 75
Go for On-Ball Steals - 85
Contest Shots - 65
Backdoor Cuts - 65

FOULS
Over the Back Foul Frequency - 100
Charging Foul Frequency - 100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 100
Reaching Foul Frequency - 85
Shooting Foul Frequency - 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency – 100
Illegal Screen Frequency – 65

MOVEMENT
Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 55
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 30
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 75
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 50
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 55
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 30
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 85
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 60
Old 05-28-2022, 11:03 PM   #80
Pro

Got beat by Memphis. Never lead in the game. Morant killed me with 34 pts. My offense just never really got going. This game I had too many turnovers.

Memphis had a good number of free throws, but I did not - only had 9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »