Home

EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW

This is a discussion on EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2019, 03:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

November 23, 2019 Slider Update

MODE: PLAY NOW - OFFLINE - USER vs CPU

XBOX ONE:

Name: (UPDATE NOT UPLOADED YET)

Gamertag: devroyce

UPDATES HAVE AN ASTERISK *

COACH SETTINGS

Adaptive Coach Engine: On

SETTINGS

Game Difficulty: PRO (Custom)

Quarter Length: 12 Minutes

Fatigue: On

Injuries: On

Game Speed: 50

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Shot Timing: Shots and Layups

Free Throw Timing: User Timing

Defensive Assist Strength With Intense-D: 0

Boxout Assist Strength: 100

Pass Target Profile: Default

Pass Target Direction: 25

Pass Target Distance: 50

Pass Target Openness: 25

SLIDERS (USER/CPU)

USER is the first number.

CPU is the second number.

OFFENSE

Free Throw Difficulty: 70

Inside Shot Success: 58/65*

Close Shot Success: 58/65*

Mid-Range Success: 48/60*

3PT Success: 60/67*

Layup Success: 58/65*

Dunk In Traffic Frequency: 15

Dunk In Traffic Success: 75

Pass Accuracy: 35/5

Alley-Oop Success: 50

Contact Shot Success: 70

Ball Security: 51

Body-Up Sensitivity: 5

Pass Speed: 50

DEFENSE

Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 65

Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100

Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff): 100*

Layup Defense Strength (Release): 100*

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather): 75

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release): 100*

Help Defense Strength: 40

Steal Success: 50

ATTRIBUTES

Acceleration: 45

Vertical: 50

Strength: 50*

Stamina: 0

Speed: 50

Durability: 50

Hustle: 40

Ball Handling: 51

Hands: 100

Dunking Ability: 85

On-Ball Defense: 10

Stealing: 40

Blocking: 65

Offensive Awareness: 30

Defensive Awareness: 30

Offensive Rebounding: 0*

Defensive Rebounding: 100

Offensive Consistency: 30

Defensive Consistency: 30

Fatigue Rate: 30

Lateral Quickness: 50

TENDENCIES

Take Inside Shots: 25

Take Close Shots: 0

Take Mid-Range Shots: 20*

Take 3pt Shots: 100*

Post Shots: 20*

Attack the Basket: 50

Look for Post Players: 50*

Throw Alley-Oops: 50*

Attempt Dunks: 85

Attempt Putbacks: 10*

Play Passing Lanes: 100

Go for On-Ball Steals: 100

Contest Shots: 35

Backdoor Cuts: 25

FOULS

Over the Back Foul Frequency: 80

Charging Foul Frequency: 100

Blocking Foul Frequency: 40

Reaching Foul Frequency: 100

Shooting Foul Frequency: 100

Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 60

Illegal Screen Frequency: 50

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 70

Speed with Ball (Min rating): 80

Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 66*

Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 66*

Speed without Ball (Max rating): 65

Speed without Ball (Min rating): 75

Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 51*

Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 64*

FUTURE UPDATES:

Next Update will include these tweaks that are being worked on currently:

-Movement: A minor decrease for both "Speed with and without ball/max and min" in Movement Sliders.

-Attributes: Possible decrease in blocks.

-Tendencies: Increases for Inside Shots, Close Shots, and Post Shots.

...these areas are being worked on, and will be updated very soon, and could be updated while in the middle of your games if playing.

November 17, 2019 Sliders
Spoiler

Last edited by devroyce; 11-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #2
Banned

Re: EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW

Updated OP with:

XBOX ONE:
Name: pro exhibition
Gamertag: devroyce
Old 11-17-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
Banned

Here is one game I am sharing. I was using the Bucks. CPU shot 39 three point fga's and I shot 37.

1573984081967.jpeg11-17-2019_3-36-57_AM-4h2qauq4.jpeg11-17-2019_3-36-57_AM-k5x0ok4d.jpeg11-17-2019_3-36-58_AM-dac2feot.jpeg11-17-2019_3-36-58_AM-mfna3nnb.jpeg11-17-2019_3-36-58_AM-koqy5m1h.jpeg

..so I still got some kinks to workout with tweaking and I may revert to a few old values I was using before dropping this set to smoothen out the set.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-17-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Noticed your sliders and have been a fan for many years. This year is just the same. Great game flow and movement from players. The only thing I changed was speed with ball 67 max and speed without ball 77 min. This helps with a nice transition from sprinting to slowing down. Looks more natural. I changed The following as well:
Take Inside Shots: 50

Take Close Shots: 50

Take Mid-Range Shots: 50

Take 3pt Shots: 50

Post Shots: 50

Look for Post Players: 50

Throw Alley-Oops: 50

I changed it to 50 because guys were not taking open shots. I might also up dunk in traffic frequency to 50.
Overall the movement and flow is the best I have played.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Noticed your sliders and have been a fan for many years. This year is just the same. Great game flow and movement from players. The only thing I changed was speed with ball 67 max and speed without ball 77 min. This helps with a nice transition from sprinting to slowing down. Looks more natural. I changed The following as well:
Take Inside Shots: 50

Take Close Shots: 50

Take Mid-Range Shots: 50

Take 3pt Shots: 50

Post Shots: 50

Look for Post Players: 50

Throw Alley-Oops: 50

I changed it to 50 because guys were not taking open shots. I might also up dunk in traffic frequency to 50.
Overall the movement and flow is the best I have played.
Humbly, I thank you very much @Brooke2011! Before, dropping this set, I had speed with ball Max at 66 but wasn't sure about keeping it there. So your 67 suggestion is very close and sounds right. I will definitely give those 2 speed suggestions you've mentioned, a shot when I play again. In fact, I will try all suggestions you've given.

Where we may differ in tendency opinions:

Take Close Shots: 0 (I felt this shot is taken way too much compared to real life but may give it a bump because it does help aid in driving to the basket)

Take Mid-Range Shots: is low because it's the least attempted shot in real life. It also gets abused on fastbreaks, in 2k.

Take 3pt Shots: 95 (this combined with help defense strength at 40 allows me to see more three point attempts from both user and CPU/add in acceleration without ball at 1 being one of the biggest reasons as well because defense can't closeout unrealistically fast) in real life teams are shooting 40+ attempts more than ever

Attack the Basket: 50 (same because CPU needs to draw fouls/if lowered they won't even draw the simplest of fouls inside because they can't finish strong)

I get where you were saying players are not taking open shots but I haven't had this problem much, though few times. I was watching some real life games and I noticed a lot of times what we normally want to do and see on the game is different. In other words, guys in real life are not shooting what we would deem as open shots on the game, and are more careful in their selection depending on the space given between defenders and ballhandlers, unless it's a three point attempt where everyone is relentless about attempting. However, I will definitely give your suggestion a shot for tendencies at 50 when I test again.

Dunks: Dunk Ability at 85 should take care of the issue...I made a mistake with putting 80 on the OP.

Reasons for Dunk numbers - Whenever, I had dunk in traffic tendency at higher than 15, I could abuse blowby's all game. The same could be said for dunk ability and dunk tendency. So, I had to choose which one gets a lower number, and which one gets a higher number without being able to abuse blowby's. Dunk in traffic tendency at 15 gave me a good feel for not being able to do that, coupled with 85 dunk ability to still be able to dunk at a normal rate, while dunk tendency at 85 was a perfect fit with dunk ability. Dunk tendency at 85 (really 86 does but I settled at 85) also gives me the bonus of seeing Cpu drive and still kickout with lower tendency shooting numbers.

Those are just some of the explanations for this set. I will disclose more as I get time.

Thanks again for sharing your Insight! I would like to know what you think of using other difficulty levels vs keeping it at pro. Please, share more insight. I welcome it all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #6
Banned

Oh and before I forget, STAMINA is the "largest reason for blowby abuse" out of all slider categories in my testing. Stamina at 12 is where I started being able to abuse blowbys like crazy. I kept going back and forth between 0 and 12, and kept getting the same results with 12+. I chose 0 because it is way too easy to blowby in my opinion (especially with user since we have the freedom to choose driving whenever). Also, it helps with kickouts given the right slider numbers to support it. I lowered fatigue to 30 so that they can have some recovery. I see more sweat and players are actually tired at the end of games progressively.

Another tip (I explained this during 2K19 and it applies to 2K20 as well): Dunking Ability coupled with the other dunking sliders at default, I am able to abuse Pro Hop Step past defenders for easy layup attempts all game long. You will literally see your player jump past the defender with too much ease. This is another reason for my slider changes explained above with High's and lows in the dunk categories.

Updated OP

Dunk Ability: 85 because 80 was a typo
*also helps draw fouls better inside

Last edited by devroyce; 11-19-2019 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #7
Rookie

I've only had a chance to play one game with this set and it seemed to play well. I was messing with the speed with ball and acceleration with ball because it feels like when I wanted to pull up from dribbling that I kept sliding and the guy wouldn't stop. The shooting percentages were closer to real life than other sets I've played recently with the CPU was maybe a little low at 36% with the bucks but that can happen in real life. Need to play more games. I shot 46% with the wolves and won by 12. Very promising and looking forward to more testing.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime2121
I've only had a chance to play one game with this set and it seemed to play well. I was messing with the speed with ball and acceleration with ball because it feels like when I wanted to pull up from dribbling that I kept sliding and the guy wouldn't stop. The shooting percentages were closer to real life than other sets I've played recently with the CPU was maybe a little low at 36% with the bucks but that can happen in real life. Need to play more games. I shot 46% with the wolves and won by 12. Very promising and looking forward to more testing.
Thanks @Icetime2121! Let me know what you come up with in testing. Acceleration with ball in movement sliders is the one reason for the cause. So few clicks may fix it, granted the without ball accelerations may need to increase along with it. I will test it as well. But yeah let me know what you come up with.

Also, I might need to increase CPU shooting successes, except contact shot success.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-19-2019 at 03:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »