Home

EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW

This is a discussion on EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: EXHIBITION 2K20 SLIDERS - USER v CPU - PLAY NOW

I just tested your set but with real player %.

the real player % shot works very well and provides nice stats

in fact your whole set plays well but has a big issue, it's the player movement with a value higher for the minimum than for the maximum. it gives weird animations and also a bad feeling when you control the player. As an example, it happened many times that when i wanted to move back and followed the 3pt line, due to a bad animation, I went back in my zone.

except this, one thing is missing, it's the pg, sg and sf who don't give a lot the ball to post players and then receive again the ball
Old 11-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
I just tested your set but with real player %.

the real player % shot works very well and provides nice stats

in fact your whole set plays well but has a big issue, it's the player movement with a value higher for the minimum than for the maximum. it gives weird animations and also a bad feeling when you control the player. As an example, it happened many times that when i wanted to move back and followed the 3pt line, due to a bad animation, I went back in my zone.

except this, one thing is missing, it's the pg, sg and sf who don't give a lot the ball to post players and then receive again the ball
@archanax thanks for the input. Are your issues concerning movement more of an offensive issue or defensive issue because I am also trying to understand what you meant by wanting to move back to the 3pt line and going back to your zone?

The reason for minimum being higher than maximum is so that players are still able quickly move and run at a normal pace even when they are doing their slower movements due to low stamina or tired moments in between high pace possessions as in real life. Also, to prevent unrealistic defensive recovery when gaining clear offensive advantage. Lastly, I was watching bigs on YouTube move a lot faster than 2K portrays the other way around. On 2K, their legs move like they are peddling a bike in super slow motion the other way around. The weird animations you have mentioned, are more likely due to acceleration being very low in movement sliders when it comes to controlling how your player moves. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen, speed in movement is least likely to be the issue for this particular issue.

And the other issue was pg, sg, sf not feeding the post am I correct? Or is it that they pass to the post then post player gives it back to them? (I was trying to mimic moving the ball around on offense as in real life instead of a one pass and shoot deal)

Would love to hear more test results and newer numbers for those categories as a solution, if possible. Thanks for confirming that real player% works well.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-19-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #11
Banned

List of the concerns/issues that need attention from all of your posts:

1. Movement: ...changed speed with ball 67 max and speed without ball 77 min. This helps with a nice transition from sprinting to slowing down.

2. Tendencies: ...changed it to 50 because guys were not taking open shots. I might also up dunk in traffic frequency to 50.

3. Movement: ...speed with ball and acceleration with ball because it feels like when I wanted to pull up from dribbling that I kept sliding and the guy wouldn't stop.

4. Movement: ...big issue, it's the player movement with a value higher for the minimum than for the maximum. it gives weird animations and also a bad feeling when you control the player.

5. Tendencies: ...it's the pg, sg and sf who don't give a lot the ball to post players and then receive again the ball.

I hope to zone in on these particular issues from Movement and Tendencies, in correcting them. I hope to get help from everyone on these issues, as I am not able to always play the game. Help is greatly appreciated, to include number suggestions.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-19-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #12
Rookie

What’s up man. Thanks for this set, gave it 5 games and of course made my own tweaks to it along the way. Before I get into it I should mention I play on 12 min quarters player lock, so I depend a lot on my CPU teammates to achieve sim stats.

First off I had to up the shooting sliders and I think I got a fairly good balance going (again keeping in mind I’m on player lock). I have Inside at 58, Close 57, Mid 50, 3PT 60 and Layup 58, and since landing around here both teams regularly end the game around 45-49% FG. I suspect this might be too easy for a fully human controlled team, but for the CPU it’s pretty sweet. Before settling on these tweaks I blew out the Raptors by 40+ and the Spurs by 20; Raptors shot 30% the entire game and Spurs around 36%.

Good amount of turnovers and I like the 35/5 pass accuracy. I tuned blocks down to 55 as 65 seemed to have made layups/floaters in the lane near impossible for average skilled smaller guards like Brunson and Augustin. Rebounding I’m at Off 40/Def 50 right now, the spreading out of rebounding seems better and both teams sorely needed more offensive rebounds - ironic since offensive rebounding in every patch of this game before this was way too overpowered.

Tendency-wise I have Post Shots, Look for Post and Throw Alleys all at 50 and I like it there so guys like Vuc and Aldridge get theirs without needing to depend on offensive rebounds. Love the PiP and 3pt attempts spread. Haven’t touched Attempt Putbacks yet but can I ask why you have it at 0? I ask because a fair amount of offensive rebounds in real life are tip-in attempts.

Haven’t touched the foul sliders, the amount of FT attempts are pretty solid. Would like to see some jumpshot fouls and charges but these are almost mythical in a 2K game. I will also say that it seems bigs tend to pick up the vast majority of the fouls, though I’m not sure if there’s a way to spread those fouls around better?

As for movement, its completely subjective but I feel movement is a tad too fast overall, just by a few clicks. I do like the separation of guards and bigs without the bigs being impossibly slow. The problem here though as you’re aware of is the sliding - its causing both human and CPU players to have pretty silly turnovers quite often, like running out of bounds uncontrollably and inexplicable backcourt violations. As stick movement is pretty unresponsive, guarding faceup players becomes a nightmare. One little movement in the wrong direction and you’re basically toast for an open shot or drive without much chance for recovery.

All in all these are great base sliders to work off of, keen to see where you go with them.

Last edited by zniv; 11-19-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #13
Banned

Sounds like many agree with some of the same things regarding certain tendencies being set to 50...as @Brooke2011 also stated in his post.

I haven't been able to play and test anything yet. So I'm leaning on all for as much help as possible.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #14
Rookie

I was able to play another game and the CPU shot in the low 40's so that was closer in line. Shot dispersion was great I thought but the amount of mid-range shots that went down were low. Upping mid-range a couple spots might even things out enough and get the overall percentage closer without changing as many other things. Like others have mentioned movement needs to change but haven't figured that out yet. I just don't feel like I have enough control whether I have the ball on offense or when playing defense.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #15
Banned

I will reply to some of the posts when I get the chance to again. Thanks for the feedback from all.

For those having problems with controlling the players, one word in the movement sliders: Acceleration

...increase it and test it and let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #16
Rookie

I've only been able to play 5 games in my testing but I'd thought I'd share some things I've done to get better results but they still need some tuning and aren't complete. Just wanted to post it it helped you. Not sure when I'll get to play again soon but will test your set as well.

Inside shot 60 since some close ones weren't going in.
Mid-range shot 58 since to many were being missed.

Pass Speed 55

Acceleration 30
Speed 40
Lateral Quickness 30
Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 90
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 20
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 90
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 20
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 100
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 30
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 100
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 30

I changed these all to get a faster flow to the game which opened up all different types of shots and makes all-star players like LeBron look like the beast they are. Credit to Schnaidt1's for these as I tried about everyone's sets with these sliders.

Close Shot Tendancy 2

I moved this because at 0 it seemed like on fast breaks the computer would stop for a shot just before the basket like it wasn't allowed to shoot a layup or dunk once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »