Home

Where is everyone?

This is a discussion on Where is everyone? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where is everyone?

Interesting convo. Assuming people have tried all the available sliders on here, what is lacking in current sets? I know jump shot fouls is a big one, but is there anything else particular we need to see?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Interesting convo. Assuming people have tried all the available sliders on here, what is lacking in current sets? I know jump shot fouls is a big one, but is there anything else particular we need to see?
I've tried them all and I've tried Pop Boys on YouTube. Most recently I've been using Creweutah's which are still a WIP, but so far they feel the best to me. Shooting fouls are my biggest issue with his. The rest feels like he's definitely on the right track.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
No single set works for me. One set the shooting numbers are far too low, another it's too easy to get to the basket, a third the CPU springs by my guys in transition or I can't catch bigs with pgs.

What I usually do is find a set I somewhat like, then start tweaking to my own enjoyment and to fix my own weaknesses as a gameplayer (and I make no bones about probably not being as strong a player as some around here).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
No single set works for me. One set the shooting numbers are far too low, another it's too easy to get to the basket, a third the CPU springs by my guys in transition or I can't catch bigs with pgs.

What I usually do is find a set I somewhat like, then start tweaking to my own enjoyment and to fix my own weaknesses as a gameplayer (and I make no bones about probably not being as strong a player as some around here).
Making your own tweaks is basically a must. Problem I have is I don't trust myself with the tweaks lol.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #13
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis

Hm. Makes me wonder which of those things can be fixed (i.e. shooting numbers) on the same slider set , just by switching the base difficulty.

We should combine the best parts of each slider, but we will need some type of polling from everyone here.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #14
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
I think people just get tired of doing 2Ks job for them. The slider and roster makers have to put hours and hours in testing. It's gotta take some of the fun outta the game for them.

Armor I followed in The Show forums and he stated he wouldn't be doing sliders for 19 so the same is probably true for 20.
I have sliders I’m currently working on for HOF. Probably will be posting today. The issue that I have found in the past with making sliders is once you get a good set 2K hits you with an update that renders all of your hours useless. And on the other side the feedback from the community is mostly non-constructive criticism.

Comments like “these are way too easy” “these are way too hard” “I played ONE game with these and they weren’t realistic at all’ etc.

However, there are many great community members who do help a lot and it’s because of those ones that I continue to do it every year. Because I want others to have a great experience. If not I could just keep them to myself.

Also this year for PC I’ll have realistic draft classes.

75 unique prospects for each yr. All prospects after 75 I will lower their overall so the won’t get drafted.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #15
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I have sliders I’m currently working on for HOF. Probably will be posting today. The issue that I have found in the past with making sliders is once you get a good set 2K hits you with an update that renders all of your hours useless. And on the other side the feedback from the community is mostly non-constructive criticism.

Comments like “these are way too easy” “these are way too hard” “I played ONE game with these and they weren’t realistic at all’ etc.

However, there are many great community members who do help a lot and it’s because of those ones that I continue to do it every year. Because I want others to have a great experience. If not I could just keep them to myself.

Also this year for PC I’ll have realistic draft classes.

75 unique prospects for each yr. All prospects after 75 I will lower their overall so the won’t get drafted.
I know you have a bunch of guys on here that love your slider sets. Ignore the guys that criticize them, there are too many of us that enjoy them.
I can’t wait to try your set. I have been using yours for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm here if you're looking for an additional roster to try out. The base roster is out with the sig shots but ratings still a lot of work to do..and tendencies also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »