Home

Do slider sets remember base difficulty?

This is a discussion on Do slider sets remember base difficulty? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Do slider sets remember base difficulty?

See title. Just as an example: Say I wanted to create a Schnaidt1 slider set from scratch -- I'd set at factory Pro since that's the base difficulty he indicates, then manually adjust each slider per Schnaidt1's numbers and save as a slider set. If I load those sliders at any point, will it remember that my starting point was Pro?

Or does a loaded slider set merely modify whatever is currently loaded (i.e., if I'm on factory HoF then load my Schnaidt1 set, would it be his numbers on HoF?)? If the latter, what happens you have a custom slider set open then load another one? What's the base difficulty?

I'd always assumed that slider sets remember their base difficulties, but I saw a comment or two on here that made me second guess myself, though maybe I just misunderstood those comments.

Many thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Do slider sets remember base difficulty?

The remember what difficulty the set was created from. So for his sliders you need to start on Pro. Then if you are on HOF and then load his set they would be his settings starting from Pro.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
The remember what difficulty the set was created from. So for his sliders you need to start on Pro. Then if you are on HOF and then load his set they would be his settings starting from Pro.

Great thanks

Nintendo Switch (nickname: vetmin)
NBA 2k20 v. 1.03 (latest on Switch)
Old 10-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I seem to remember last year 2k said that wasn’t the case anymore. I still follow it when making inputting sliders from the great makers we have here.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unless a dev confirms, there's really no way to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer
Unless a dev confirms, there's really no way to tell.
Sure there is. Use the same slider settings on rookie. Then HOF. The results will be very different. Where you start the sliders impact the gameplay base on how the various difficulties start out.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

I always saw difficulty as preset. Once you change stuff it's not that difficulty anymore, but "base" only presets everything, so for eg. changing only shooting between Rookie and HOF won't make HOF gameplay.

Few years ago I think Ronnie or someone from 2K said there's a difference in timing windows for animations regarding various difficulties (like it's easier to do a dribble move on Rookie than same dribble move on HOF). Later on if I can remember correctly (I think it was 2K18) there was a change where Ronnie said that it's all in the slider values now. That's the year they put in stuff like pass speed in the sliders (and I'm guessing everything else that was hardcoded to difficulty setting before).

Thing is, when you change mid-range shot success for eg. on Rookie, actual shot success still depends a lot on low defensive strength/awareness sliders.

This game has it's issues, but it's more sim than some people seem to be thinking regarding how actual offensive position, movement, gather, angle, distance etc. impact the shot vs. defenders position, movement, reaction time, awareness... I will narrow this down to one simple example fact I realized playing 2K20 so far - since they improved shooting, it's now better to take half contested side step shot from dribble in rhythm and significantly miss green, than taking of balance bad catch no rhythm full white open shot. It tells a lot about how dynamics of shots this year are closer to simulation.

Last edited by Dishandime; 10-18-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Sure there is. Use the same slider settings on rookie. Then HOF. The results will be very different. Where you start the sliders impact the gameplay base on how the various difficulties start out.
I'm open to any objective proof of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »