Home

Some 2K guys swear tendency sliders should all be set to 0 (Zero)

This is a discussion on Some 2K guys swear tendency sliders should all be set to 0 (Zero) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Some 2K guys swear tendency sliders should all be set to 0 (Zero)

Because each team has different tendencies, so if you put them at zero, it would make sense to do that right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Some 2K guys swear tendency sliders should all be set to 0 (Zero)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Because each team has different tendencies, so if you put them at zero, it would make sense to do that right?

I used to think that. I used 0 for tendency sliders on 2k18. They worked back then. It’s worth a try. If you do, let us know what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

iFnOtWhYnOt_'s Arena

OVR: 0

I'm assuming this is gameplay tendencies and not individual tendencies right?

I'd like to see a box score of a high 3pt shooting team with zero tendencies and normal tendencies, because in the past I'd always have to up the 3pt shooting for the cpu because there attempts were to low for my liking. They wouldn't shoot open three's, and would be less aggressive overall. I set certain tendencies higher and lower to get the flow of a game I like and for the cpu to be more aggressive regardless of there tempo. I change certain gameplay tendencies to suit the cpu team I'm playing against and what I perceive there style to be.

Interesting though, I'll check this out.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
If you do run this let’s see a box score or a final team report would like to see the numbers on this. Cheers
Old 09-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I found that changing a players Roll vs Pop tendency to zero restricts some PNR man plays from being called for the player. Example the original rosters for the 01 lakers. Look at the availability of PNR plays for shaq and then look at the PFs like horry grant and madsen who have a zero tendency (pop always)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJamaster
If you do run this let’s see a box score or a final team report would like to see the numbers on this. Cheers
I'll do it this week!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2019, 03:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnOtWhYnOt_
I'm assuming this is gameplay tendencies and not individual tendencies right?

I'd like to see a box score of a high 3pt shooting team with zero tendencies and normal tendencies, because in the past I'd always have to up the 3pt shooting for the cpu because there attempts were to low for my liking. They wouldn't shoot open three's, and would be less aggressive overall. I set certain tendencies higher and lower to get the flow of a game I like and for the cpu to be more aggressive regardless of there tempo. I change certain gameplay tendencies to suit the cpu team I'm playing against and what I perceive there style to be.

Interesting though, I'll check this out.

I think you should adjust offensive awareness and bump it up. They pull up on you with less space and thus take opportunities like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I forget when it was, its been several yrs ago now, but there was a time, when setting zero tendency sliders was a must because of too many FG attempts per game. I havent tried it fro a few yrs, but last time I remember trying it, team would just wait till the shot clock was almost 0 before shooting it.

Since this last patch, I this is where I set my shot tendency sliders to, and it worked pretty good.

Under basket- 45
close - 35
mid range- 40
3 - 80
post shots - 40

I was considering dropping close to 30, and post shots to 45, and mid 35, and 3's 85. Just to see if I can tweak it some more.

This last patch, really improve the gameplay tremendously, IMO. Is it perfect, no, I would like to see more charges, blocking, and shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. As well as more non steal turnovers, although I think with the right slider adjustments, I think it may be possible to get more non- steal turnovers.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »