Home

NBA on TNT. NBA 2k20

This is a discussion on NBA on TNT. NBA 2k20 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #25
Rookie

iFnOtWhYnOt_'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA on TNT. NBA 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
too many points in the paint, too many shots and 3%pt and 3pt attempt are a bit low for utah
I usually put jumpshot gather defense at 30 and release at 70. I like the "hand down, man down" motto in my gameplay. I'm not sure if that will also lead to the computer taking more shots (possibly thinking it's more open even if there is a defender close by), I haven't tested this much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

POINTS IN PAINT

Addressing points in the paint:

After you start a game. First you will need to make adjustments in Gameplan Before tip-off
Go to Defensive settings Push A/Xbox or X FOR PS

Spend the time & effort to change Coach Settlings This will change the “Stats” & Gameplay!

suggestion: Sam Pham YouTube His Ideas

On-Ball Pressure u Moderate
On-Ball Pressure Moderate
Force Direction Baseline
On-Ball Screen Go under
Hedge Catch Hedge
On-BallScreen(Center) Go Over
Hedge (Center Catch Hedge
Stay Attached. No
Off-Ball Screen Go Over
Post 3/4 Bottom
Double Team Perimeter Your Choice (I’m trying Manual)
Double Team Post Your Choice ( I’m Trying Manual)
Switch Rules Off-Ball Switch Guards
Pre-Rotation No
Screen Help Rules Help & No Rotation
Drive Help Rules Help & No Rotation

Defensive Setting Tips and Tutorials on YouTube

Several videos with ideas

See if this impacts points in paint ALSO in FIRST POST Updated mid shots too*

Last edited by Agame; 09-12-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
too many points in the paint, too many shots and 3%pt and 3pt attempt are a bit low for utah
Tried the same sliders, but turned up close shots tendency to 35, and upped 3 pt success rate to 55, same teams. (Note: I only control 1 player and run plays and don't force any offense, so this is basically a CPU vs CPU game)

Old 09-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
POINTS IN PAINT

Addressing points in the paint:

After you start a game. First you will need to make adjustments in Gameplan Before tip-off
Go to Defensive settings Push A/Xbox or X FOR PS

Spend the time & effort to change Coach Settlings This will change the “Stats” & Gameplay!

suggestion: Sam Pham YouTube His Ideas

Several videos with ideas

Try this out = Game Changer
I really hate this because you have to change it every single time when you start a game. I think it's better to try and tune sliders as opposed to mess with coaching gameplan settings personally
Old 09-12-2019, 10:44 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibblerqwq
I really hate this because you have to change it every single time when you start a game. I think it's better to try and tune sliders as opposed to mess with coaching gameplan settings personally
Don’t disagree, But making these Adjustments For some game give me more variety in gameplay.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #30
Rookie

Tupac71's Arena

Hey Agame, I’ve been using your sliders to start my expansion season. The games I’ve played were very fun and realistic, with the stats being close and fair. I’ve always struggled to find good sliders which are challenging also. I’m 4-2 with a pretty decent expansion team, with losses to the Pacers and TWolves.

BUT.... I think the newest 2K patch broke your sliders my man. I’ve only played one half of a game against the Rockets, and whereas the score would normally be in the 50-48 range with 45-48% FG%.... with this new patch at halftime the score is 75-65 with FG% 67 and 59%. I know I’ve only played half of one game since the patch, but it’s enough to know that everything is different.

It might just be a case of lowering the “shot success” sliders, but I figured I would let you know so you could do some testing and find out for sure, because I really liked your sliders. Post defence is pretty much a non-factor now with this patch.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac71
Hey Agame, I’ve been using your sliders to start my expansion season. The games I’ve played were very fun and realistic, with the stats being close and fair. I’ve always struggled to find good sliders which are challenging also. I’m 4-2 with a pretty decent expansion team, with losses to the Pacers and TWolves.

BUT.... I think the newest 2K patch broke your sliders my man. I’ve only played one half of a game against the Rockets, and whereas the score would normally be in the 50-48 range with 45-48% FG%.... with this new patch at halftime the score is 75-65 with FG% 67 and 59%. I know I’ve only played half of one game since the patch, but it’s enough to know that everything is different.

It might just be a case of lowering the “shot success” sliders, but I figured I would let you know so you could do some testing and find out for sure, because I really liked your sliders. Post defence is pretty much a non-factor now with this patch.

Thank you for letting me know the patch is out and that it changes the gameplay.

38 GB PATCH

Actually I’m happy they came out with the patch —. I hope it improves a lot of things about gameplay.

Don’t mind starting over with adjustments, and hoping that superstar at default plays the way the game should, with lower points in the paint, more kick outs from drives to the basket.

My recommendation is you set everything to Default “Superstar”.
Play a couple games and see how things play for yourself. This team at 2K seems to be trying to make it a “Sim” game for us and with this big of a patch they may have made a lot of corrections. I have family in town for the weekend and probably won’t play until Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again for your feedback and observations. Enjoy the game. Looking forward to your feedback again. If you have the time and are interested in trying the factory settings at SUPERSTAR - let me know your thoughts on gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Agame; 09-14-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #32
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I’ve played a few games since the patch and I’m not seeing really high FG%

The user percentage needs to be dropped as I’m right at 50% which would lead the league by over 1% last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »