Home

Lack of sliders threads?

This is a discussion on Lack of sliders threads? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Lack of sliders threads?

So I just finished a season Madden last night.
I put NBA 2K in my cart on the PS Store for $40 but have not purchased it yet.
The game has been out for like a month and I came into the slider thread for the first time today.
What is up with the lack of slider threads? Where are all the slider guru's I usually see?
Are a ton of OSers passing on NBA 2K this year? Is the game not that good?
I looked through the whole impressions thread last night and it seems to be a mixed bad of reviews.
Should I pass this year?
If so, is there a new updated roster for 2K18 I can download that is up to date?
Loved Armor's purple slider set for 2k18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of sliders threads?

7 slider sets/threads exist on here, and 1 over on the NLSC. Plenty of options to try. So I suggest going into the many slider threads here and trying them out.

In regards to the game, IMO it's much improved from 2K18, as many of the exploits have been curved or removed. In 2K18, you could just run by anybody and get to the hoop any time you wanted, and it didn't matter how good the defender was or you as a player. The blow by exploit ruined the game, and the defense overall was terrible (In transition, help defense, on ball defense, etc).

The player movement can be improved with sliders, including picking up the pace and fixing the flow, curving the invisible wall issue, giving players realistic explosion etc. The game is not without it's issues, but it's a less frustrating brand of basketball than what 2K18 provided us with.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
7 slider sets/threads exist on here, and 1 over on the NLSC. Plenty of options to try. So I suggest going into the many slider threads here and trying them out.

In regards to the game, IMO it's much improved from 2K18, as many of the exploits have been curved or removed. In 2K18, you could just run by anybody and get to the hoop any time you wanted, and it didn't matter how good the defender was or you as a player. The blow by exploit ruined the game, and the defense overall was terrible (In transition, help defense, on ball defense, etc).

The player movement can be improved with sliders, including picking up the pace and fixing the flow, curving the invisible wall issue, giving players realistic explosion etc. The game is not without it's issues, but it's a less frustrating brand of basketball than what 2K18 provided us with.
He’s probably trying to say what I was thinking is that the normal slider makers aren’t on here with their sets this year. It’s weird because usually by the first week you would have those guys with their initials sets released. Armor is one guy that I will always wait to make sliders and use. He usually nails it on the head.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

And no offense Dee but I don’t see 7 different sets in here to use. Maybe 3 max. I recommend anyone looking for some good sliders to try shady mikes
Old 10-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
And no offense Dee but I don’t see 7 different sets in here to use. Maybe 3 max. I recommend anyone looking for some good sliders to try shady mikes
Trifecta 2K19 Slider set
Improved player movement sliders
Becoming 2K20
Tomba 2K19 Slider Set
Hesipullupjimbos really awful no-good set
Scnaidt's myleague and gameplay sliders
Moneymades sliders (second post on his thread lists them)

That is 7, and shady mikes sliders on NLSC equals 8, and there are a couple Myleague slider sets as well. That's more than 3. Also, have you looked at some of the feedback on my thread, and trifectas thread and some of the others? A lot of amazing feedback AND screenshots. I suggest giving the different slider sets a try. Several "good" slider sets on here.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-17-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Trifecta 2K19 Slider set
Becoming 2K20
Tomba 2K19 Slider Set

That is 7, and shady mikes sliders on NLSC equals 8, and there are a couple Myleague slider sets as well. That's more than 3. Also, have you looked at some of the feedback on my thread, and trifectas thread and some of the others? A lot of amazing feedback AND screenshots. I suggest giving the different slider sets a try. Several "good" slider sets on here.
I tend to shy away from slider sets that are based off shot stick since I’m a die hard real percentage llayerb
Old 10-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Trifecta 2K19 Slider set
Becoming 2K20
Tomba 2K19 Slider Set

You are totally making my point.
I know you have only been here for a short time.
But in the past there would have been 30-40 slider sets by now.
No sets from Armor, Poke, Electric, Matt, Michiganman...I could go on and on.
Like I said the slider guru's must be passing on this game this year which is not a good sign for me.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
I tend to shy away from slider sets that are based off shot stick since I’m a die hard real percentage llayerb
That doesn't change the fact that 7 slider threads exist on here, not 3. And, many of the slider sets support both real player % and user timing. Both factor in defense, tendencies, attributes, etc, just with user timing you have to time the release. I've had people message me stating that my slider set works with both user timing AND real player %, and they are getting good results from both. Choose whichever style you want, and try the different slider sets out. I don't include that I am using user timing on my first post, because mine can be used with either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »