Home

Lack of sliders threads?

This is a discussion on Lack of sliders threads? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of sliders threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You are totally making my point.
I know you have only been here for a short time.
But in the past there would have been 30-40 slider sets by now.
No sets from Armor, Poke, Electric, Matt, Michiganman...I could go on and on.
Like I said the slider guru's must be passing on this game this year which is not a good sign for me.
I've been on OS for short time, agreed. And I am not stating that there are less slider threads this year than years past, I was merely stating that slider sets do exist on here, and there are more than a few. And while I am new to OS, I have been on NLSC for years, and have been playing basketball video games since the early 90's.

Maybe those people will come around eventually, maybe not. Hopefully you take my feedback on gameplay as a positive, because I couldn't play 2K18 for 5 minutes without wanting to chuck the controller. The gameplay has improved in the areas that I needed it to improve in to actually invest a good chunk of time into the game. I encourage those people to give 2K19 a look, because out of the box it's better than 2K18, and with slider tweaks it is a MUCH better game overall (IMO).

Also, I encourage you to try the game yourself and make up your own mind, everybody is different, and what some may not like, you may. I make up my own mind every year by getting my hands on it.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-17-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #10
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

First off I never said there were just 3.
And again 7 is way less than 30-40.
The point of this thread was it is not a good sign that there are not many slider threads.
And that they main slider makers are just not here this year.
I was already to get this game today and start my Celtics season.
I popped into this slider forum and was totally surprised on how few slider threads there are compared to years past.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
First off I never said there were just 3.
And again 7 is way less than 30-40.
The point of this thread was it is not a good sign that there are not many slider threads.
And that they main slider makers are just not here this year.
I was already to get this game today and start my Celtics season.
I popped into this slider forum and was totally surprised on how few slider threads there are compared to years past.
I never said you did, I was talking about topsides post where he said "maybe 3 max", I was correcting that. FYI - Nice on the Celtics, I live an hour outside of Boston and have been a hardcore fan all my life. Good game last night, nice to see Hayward out there. Tatum looked sharp, Kyrie seemed to just be going through the motions. Bottom line, Celtics are so deep this year, Kyrie will have nights where he doesn't need to do much at all, which is fine by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #12
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
You are totally making my point.
I know you have only been here for a short time.
But in the past there would have been 30-40 slider sets by now.
No sets from Armor, Poke, Electric, Matt, Michiganman...I could go on and on.
Like I said the slider guru's must be passing on this game this year which is not a good sign for me.
I don't think they are shying away or not buying the game, if you haven't played 2k19 yet then I can assure you that it plays COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from any 2k I have ever played and many people on the forums have agreed that the learning curve is a beast this year so some of those guys are probably still figuring things out. I know most of them would have probably created a placeholder thread to let their followers know that they are going to release sliders soon but I have no clue asnto why they haven't. All I can say is it's a HUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of info and suggestions and screenshots and footage in all of those threads that Dee mentioned. The community is really backing each other up this year on the slider threads and that let's me know that this might just be the best nba 2k ever released and IMO it is the best, by a long shot!

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm most certainly NOT passing on NBA 2K19. I'll get it eventually, but there are just simply too many games I have to get through in the meantime (Spider-Man, Call of Duty, FIFA, Red Dead Redemption 2 next week, Fallout 76 shortly after), and I'm not that interested in the NBA IRL right now. The hype and the itch to play always crops up eventually, but as of now there are so many other games to play that I'm in no rush to dive into testing sliders on 2K19.

The game looks incredible, and there's destined to be 1 or 2 major patches that completely overhaul gameplay in the next few weeks or so. Better to sit back and enjoy other games instead of burning myself out with testing only for 2K to swoop in and completely change the game on me, putting all that hard work out the window (sorry to the active slider guru's putting in time at release).

If you love the NBA, get the game and try out some of the sliders that are currently out!
Old 10-18-2018, 01:55 AM   #14
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
So I just finished a season Madden last night.
I put NBA 2K in my cart on the PS Store for $40 but have not purchased it yet.
The game has been out for like a month and I came into the slider thread for the first time today.
What is up with the lack of slider threads? Where are all the slider guru's I usually see?
Are a ton of OSers passing on NBA 2K this year? Is the game not that good?
I looked through the whole impressions thread last night and it seems to be a mixed bad of reviews.
Should I pass this year?
If so, is there a new updated roster for 2K18 I can download that is up to date?
Loved Armor's purple slider set for 2k18.

I only play offline, and even though there is some major flaws, that Im not happy with, like for lack of fouls being called, especially non-shooting fouls. Its extremely rare to see any charging fouls, and even blocking fouls for that matter, and its also rare to see a shooting fouls on a 3pt attempt. The sim engine still isnt great either.
There is still a issue with the CPU poorly managing players in fouls trouble, especially in the 2nd half of games, as I have saw a CPU player foul out in the 3rd qtr. But with the lack of fouls being called, you usually dont see players in fouls trouble

But even with those flaws, the game IMO is still a solid game and definitely worth the buy at a reduce price. I never play online, so I have no idea how it plays online.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-18-2018, 04:12 AM   #15
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

and some of this peoples released sliders for madden 19 which is one of the worst game right now and as a football fan I decide not to buy this year and move to nba2k19, I m surprised that this year have fewer sliders when the game is going on the right direction especially on offline gameplay.

Last edited by michdb8; 10-18-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spell mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
and some of this peoples released sliders for madden 19 which is one of the worst game right now and as a football fan I decide not to buy this year and move to nba2k19, I m surprised that this year have fewer sliders when the game is going on the right direction especially on offline gameplay.
Same here bro. I’m almost thinking of buying the game for Armor so I can get his sliders lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »