Home

HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set

This is a discussion on HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #33
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set

Holy chucking 3's. I don't think I've ever chucked 41 3's in a game before... Wow. It was a 50 point game for Donovan Mitchell. I don't know how I chucked 41 3's at a 22% rate. Unbelievable. I rebalanced during and after this game.

This one is a little closer to "Fury Edition," but the set is still being balanced. I'm really thinking the balanced set philosophy only works for real player%. I have diverged some of the ratings, but I re-merged them. That's probably temporary.

On a personal note, my pace is way too frantic. Chucking a bunch of low IQ transition 3's I think. About 13 fastbreak points per game is average. The Kings lead the league in fastbreak points with 21.3 per game and had 27 against the Grizzlies last Friday. What a fantastic turnaround, I wonder what their record would be if they played in the East.

Still too many shooting fouls compared to off-ball fouls. Not enough CPU turnovers in the last game (too small of a sample size) and too many CPU steals. Way too many blocks in the Jazz/Grizzlies game. I rebalanced and the Lakers/Spurs game was pretty much perfect (although I think it would be too few blocks per possession).

One other note, the Spurs were entirely healthy with Dejounte Murray as the starting PG.

"Fury Edition" is now posted (v1.1). It is still a WIP as I am balancing shooting and getting used to User Timing which was added in Wild Bull.

Thank you to all my loyal subscribers! Jk, I'm the only one using these.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #34
Rookie

Just used your sliders and I really like them! I still feel a sluggishness to the players. Maybe you can give me advice on how to help that? The only thing I hate is the bigs are the only ones getting rebounds!
Old 01-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #35
Rookie

BonzoLall's Arena

I have the same problem😭 Jarret Allen pulls 20 rebounds every game,Even my power forward won’t have but 3-4 rebounds a game. Also the pass accuracy is bad , there is a bad pass every possession. In real life nba they don’t pass that bad , not even the bigs. You will have 3-4 turnovers a game because of bad passes. Most of the turnovers is the ball getting ripped or player collision. Also , shooting percentages below 40% is very rare. The worst shooting team in the NBA is the Knicks and they still average a 43.2%. The best is Golden state , they average a 49.5. The team in the very middle , the 15th team ( Jazz ) average a 45.8.

Statistically Drummond is the best rebounder. He averages 14.9. I started a Myleague with the nets. Played 3 ( 12 Min ) games and Jarret Allen is the league leading rebounder. He averages 18 a game. The rebounding number is actually perfect , but it’s not being distributed through out the team. The rebounds only go to the bigs.
Not sure which slider to affect that , I hate putting vertical down bc it looks really unrealistic when they jump 2 inches off the ground.

I hope my analysis can help you make the even better. Honestly these are the best on this forum , I like how you actually put effort into the sliders. Most of them half a** it and give us some below decent sliders. So thank you for actually working and trying to make 2k as realistic as it can get 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #36
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
Just used your sliders and I really like them! I still feel a sluggishness to the players. Maybe you can give me advice on how to help that? The only thing I hate is the bigs are the only ones getting rebounds!

Try:

Attributes
48 to 55 Acceleration
38 or 40 Lateral Quickness

Movement
88 / 90 Speed (with ball/without)
48 / 50 Speed Min (with/wo)
98 / 100 Acceleration (with/wo)
45 / 48 Acceleration Min (with/wo)

That should be good. I'll try it when I can.

Edit: I'm not sure about the rebounding. I would try a game with strength at 1, play a half, and then jack it up to 40 and compare to what you saw when it was at 15. That's what I'll do anyways. I'm not sure why boxing out isn't more weighty, but that might be why. Bigs should be pushing/forcing eachother out of position and forcing more tipped rebounds that land in the hands of a guard.

Edit.2:Still testing. I might have already said it, but real player % is a lot different from user timing, so I will need to learn those differences.

Last edited by HesiPullupJimbo; 01-27-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
I'm not sure about the rebounding. I would try a game with strength at 1, play a half, and then jack it up to 40 and compare to what you saw when it was at 15. That's what I'll do anyways. I'm not sure why boxing out isn't more weighty, but that might be why. Bigs should be pushing/forcing eachother out of position and forcing more tipped rebounds that land in the hands of a guard.
I read in another post to try putting Vertical much lower (like 5 or so) to give guards more of a shot at getting rebounds. The theory being that with vertical even near 50 the bigs get such an advantage jumping they scoop up everything near the rim. Have not really tested it...so just saying.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #38
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
I read in another post to try putting Vertical much lower (like 5 or so) to give guards more of a shot at getting rebounds. The theory being that with vertical even near 50 the bigs get such an advantage jumping they scoop up everything near the rim. Have not really tested it...so just saying.

I thought of that and had vert at 35. I wish there was a vert ceiling/floor like there is for speed and acceleration. If I go down on vertical, the bigs look realistically floorbound, but the athletic wings look like the coefficient for gravity suddenly went up to 35 meters per second, per second.

If I balance the attributes for athletic wings, then the bigs eat all the rebounds.

I can't do anything to the engine. I think there are some ways that 2k could improve rebounding/athleticism to be more realistic. True momentum and a physics-based jumping system that accounts for footwork, ect. would be more realistic than one based on canned animation. It would be a lot of work, but 2k made almost $1 billion on microtransactions from 2k18. You would think that would be enough money to get it done if they wanted.

Edit: I wanted to play with strength to see if the boxing out animations would be effected.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #39
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Sorry to any waiting for an update. I had some very IRL problems to work through. New sets should be out in a week or so.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
Sorry to any waiting for an update. I had some very IRL problems to work through. New sets should be out in a week or so.

Thanks Hesi - hope everything is OK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »