Home

Improved Player Movement Sliders

This is a discussion on Improved Player Movement Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Improved Player Movement Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Just to be sure, are you still using all the sliders in the initial post? I want to be sure I get the tuning right.

I am, but the adjustments I mentioned on the last video I posted are ones I also made.

The player movement sliders from my first post are identical to what I am still using.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
I am, but the adjustments I mentioned on the last video I posted are ones I also made.

The player movement sliders from my first post are identical to what I am still using.
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure jump shot defense (gather) was still at 40, that matters when it comes to adjusting the AI to shoot more J's.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:36 PM   #75
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Haven't used these much, just tried them out for a few minutes today before I headed to work, but I can already tell a difference in player control, especially when driving the paint.

Going to give them a longer try tonight and this weekend but so far I'm enjoying the faster pace of play and improved player movement.

I'll probably have to adjust a few sliders on my own since I mainly use classic players who have inflated attributes, but these are an excellent base and thanks to you guys who have done the testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Haven't used these much, just tried them out for a few minutes today before I headed to work, but I can already tell a difference in player control, especially when driving the paint.

Going to give them a longer try tonight and this weekend but so far I'm enjoying the faster pace of play and improved player movement.

I'll probably have to adjust a few sliders on my own since I mainly use classic players who have inflated attributes, but these are an excellent base and thanks to you guys who have done the testing.

Awesome, great to hear.

For the others asking for the full set, I'll try to get to it this weekend. Thanks for your patience.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #77
Banned

I've been holding off buying 2K19. Did patch 3 eliminate or reduce this sliding/skating?
Old 09-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAngryGamer
I've been holding off buying 2K19. Did patch 3 eliminate or reduce this sliding/skating?
It did not. But with improved player movement after messing with the sliders, the game overall is enjoyable for me.

My recommendation is: find a way to try the game (at a friends, store or something) before you buy. When you try it, try it with default sliders first, and custom sliders second.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #79
Pro

Alright, so these will also be posted on the first post on this thread.

So I've been experimenting with the sliders, trying to combine the areas I mentioned above that are the most important. This slider set takes two forms, one (Which will be the main set) is more to challenge you against the CPU, and in order to hold them to realistic shooting percentages, you will have to play sound defense. The second set is tailorer around a more loose approach, and the more loose approach is having the CPU offense sliders match the user sliders.

*Game Speed: 48

For User, everything else is the same but the offense section at the top. Here are those sliders.

*Hidden is contact shot success, which should be at 48

I'll state again: If you want to relax the gameplay a bit, keep all the sliders the same but change the CPU offense (top section) to the User sliders from that section.

And, if you want a better challenge than both options above, do HOF shooting for CPU and User, while keeping the other sliders the same.

MrWrestling3, I kept your foul sliders (I really like them) but made tweaks in the other areas. All feedback and suggestions welcome.

Thanks all.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-29-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #80
Pro

Also, here is a game I played with that set, but CPU/User HOF shooting.

Reggie Miller joins the current Pacers to take on the current New York Knicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »