Home

Sliders for help defense?

This is a discussion on Sliders for help defense? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Sliders for help defense?

I spent some time messing with the Defense Strength sliders, trying to get the AI to help more on penetration instead of sticking to off-ball players, but nothing I tried worked.

Anyone had any success? I want the AI to load up and bring help against slashers, at least sometimes. As of now, they pretty much only defend with the on-ball defender and maybe whoever's defending the center, if he happens to be in the area when I shoot at the rim.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Sliders for help defense?

Not sure this would be something for sliders as it would for the defense settings.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Not sure this would be something for sliders as it would for the defense settings.
I was hoping the sliders could do something, since I wouldn't want to have to edit every team's defensive game plan for when they play against my team.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I was hoping the sliders could do something, since I wouldn't want to have to edit every team's defensive game plan for when they play against my team.
Yeah, you're initial question looked like you want a general setting that will make every player in the league react logically and fundamentally as an individual in a team concept.

I've gone as high as 100 on Help Defense slider; right now I'm at 50. I have the Layup and Jumpshot sliders at 50 as well. Just now, in MyLeague the Trailblazers have 28 of 56 points In The Paint; my team (Orlando) is 24 of 41. 50% of total points is usually where I want both teams to be.

Oh... and I have Defensive Awareness at 100.

Last edited by mcdowell31; 09-28-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I spent some time messing with the Defense Strength sliders, trying to get the AI to help more on penetration instead of sticking to off-ball players, but nothing I tried worked.

Anyone had any success? I want the AI to load up and bring help against slashers, at least sometimes. As of now, they pretty much only defend with the on-ball defender and maybe whoever's defending the center, if he happens to be in the area when I shoot at the rim.

Thanks.

I have been trying to find the right adjustment on help D as well, but I havent been content with any adjustment Ive made so far. I thought when playing the Prelude before the game came out that the Help D was much improved this yr, but since the game has came out, the Help D doesnt seem to be as good as in the Prelude.

I kind of felt when I bump the help D up a lot it was too sticky, so I do think it can be fixed with sliders. Just got to find the sweet spot, but I do think it can be fixed with sliders adjustments with the Help D strength slider.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 10:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

Thanks.
Have you tried lowering the Jump Shot Defense(Gather) slider? If it is set too high, the A.I. will be more prone to stick with their man than collapse on the ball handler (and there are less defensive rotations in general).

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 09-30-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Have you tried lowering the Jump Shot Defense(Gather) slider? If it is set too high, the A.I. will be more prone to stick with their man than collapse on the ball handler (and there are less defensive rotations in general).
Yeah, I tried that. I've tried pretty much everything that I could think of from studying sliders and ratings since like 2K7.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I tried that. I've tried pretty much everything that I could think of from studying sliders and ratings since like 2K7.
Personally, I have mine set to Layup(Takeoff) 40, Jump Shot(Gather(35), then Hustle and Defensive Awareness cranked to 55;I felt like I got acceptable results as far as defensive rotations.

Not sure if it will work for you, but it might be worth a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »