Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2018, 12:18 AM   #17
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

in general look fantastic but I still see rookies free agents with over 80 potential asking for 4 millions per year I can only fix this if I rise min rating to 80-90 if I rise to 90 this slider does this cause any problem with low ratting players salaries?
Old 09-20-2018, 03:27 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
in general look fantastic but I still see rookies free agents with over 80 potential asking for 4 millions per year I can only fix this if I rise min rating to 80-90 if I rise to 90 this slider does this cause any problem with low ratting players salaries?

Yeah I noticed that as well. Man if you can fix that...we’re golden. Awesome sliders man, appreciate the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #19
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Barnsey I know the focus was more progression but in regards to your contract sliders, did you test the minutes slider? I've noticed that you and others set this high with the intent that it means minutes played have a higher importance but I believe this slider is actually reversed.
Use Gordon Hayward as your sample (played one quarter last year).

Can't wait to try out the progression sliders. Great point that more need to consider about peak start and end. 2k has some questionable numbers with some players. Thank god for Quick Edit and that they added those this year.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-20-2018, 04:21 AM   #20
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

I sim until season 30/31

and this is the result i got
---------- 30/31 -- first season (2k ratings)
over 90 - 5 ---------- 14
over 85 - 13 ---------- 42
over 80 - 61 ---------- 74
over 77 - 158 ---------- 166

maybe rise draft class slider or some the grow sliders will come close to the 2k ratings

Last edited by michdb8; 09-20-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:57 AM   #21
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

I haven't tested the contract stuff yet, i've only been paying attention to progression/regression. Once i perfect it i'll move on to contract stuff, draft class quality, trade value, etc. Thanks for the feedback so far everybody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 AM   #22
Just started!

Thank you for your sliders Barnsey.

I uploaded your sliders for PC under " Barnsey's ML Slider " (ID = Frankie)
Old 09-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #23
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Can't wait to try out the progression sliders. Great point that more need to consider about peak start and end. 2k has some questionable numbers with some players. Thank god for Quick Edit and that they added those this year.
The way that people need to think about peak start and end is like this: peak end is when the "decline phase" STARTS. So even though someone might think that 29-30 years old is too soon for a player peak to end, the thing to know is that he WILL still have good statistical years after his peak end because it takes time for the attributes to go down. Also badges retain afaik.

So a guy who has a peak end at 30 and is say 87 overall at that age, by the time he comes down to bench player level (say 77 overall) he might be 35 yrs old. So now imagine if a player has their peak end at 33 years old...
Unless they are an outlier, it's unrealistic that they would still be effective at 38 yrs old.

And lets not forget that good teams with good chemistry get ratings boosts all across the board, which makes the declining vets even better.

Peak ends should be around 30 yrs old for most players (especially SF/SG types, there is a overwhelming clear trend that swingman stats start to drop off around 31 yrs old). Earlier for players whose game impact relies on their athleticism (Dwight, D.Jordan, Griffin, Westbrook), have had lots of mileage (Jimmy Butler, players drafted out of high school) or have had recurring major injuries.... and later peak for players whose game translates well into old age (i.e. not based on athleticism) OR who have miraculous body mechanics / genes (i.e. LeBron, Giannis, V.Carter) OR they were drafted as a senior so they haven't built up much mileage yet (Korver) OR they are an absolute basketball lifer and dedicate their entire life passions to basketball (Jamal Crawford).
Kobe applies all 3 of those last categories (until the achilles popped), he's an outlier. Dirk applies to 2 of those last 3 categories (game not based on athleticism + basketball lifer).

^ Roster makers need to take this into account if they want their roster to flow well in MyLeague.

Last edited by Barncore; 09-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #24
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
The way that people need to think about peak start and end is like this: peak end is when the "decline phase" STARTS. So even though someone might think that 29-30 years old is too soon for a player peak to end, the thing to know is that he WILL still have good statistical years after his peak end because it takes time for the attributes to go down. Also badges retain afaik.

So a guy who has a peak end at 30 and is say 87 overall at that age, by the time he comes down to bench player level (say 77 overall) he might be 35 yrs old. So now imagine if a player has their peak end at 33 years old...
Unless they are an outlier, it's unrealistic that they would still be effective at 38 yrs old.

And lets not forget that good teams with good chemistry get ratings boosts all across the board, which makes the declining vets even better.

Peak ends should be around 30 yrs old for most players (especially SF/SG types, there is a overwhelming clear trend that swingman stats start to drop off around 31 yrs old). Earlier for players whose game impact relies on their athleticism (Dwight, D.Jordan, Griffin, Westbrook), have had lots of mileage (Jimmy Butler, players drafted out of high school) or have had recurring major injuries.... and later peak for players whose game translates well into old age (i.e. not based on athleticism) OR who have miraculous body mechanics / genes (i.e. LeBron, Giannis, V.Carter) OR they were drafted as a senior so they haven't built up much mileage yet (Korver) OR they are an absolute basketball lifer and dedicate their entire life passions to basketball (Jamal Crawford).
Kobe applies all 3 of those last categories (until the achilles popped), he's an outlier. Dirk applies to 2 of those last 3 categories (game not based on athleticism + basketball lifer).

^ Roster makers need to take this into account if they want their roster to flow well in MyLeague.

My personal rule, as it applies to peak-end anyway, is it can be no later than 32 unless you have a special case (LeBron/Jordan/Giannis/Kobe) and then only a two year increase, tops.

I think with modern medicine/training, 32 for an all-world athlete is about the highest you can go for 95% of the NBA -- some guys come on late and the 32 peak end accounts for that, at least in theory.

In general, I agree with your theory that 25-30 really is the range for most peak start/ends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »