Home

The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #33
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
After tweaking these settings non-stop the last few hours, I got this nagging feeling of "Haven't I been through this already??". Sure enough, I already suffered through this issue in the past and I'm glad to announce that my findings in the OP posted early last year are still accurate today in 2K20.

Seeing as player movement/animations seems to be one of the main issues people are dealing with currently, I just wanted to bump this post so that it can help others and save them from the tedium of constantly tweaking these settings to see what the affects are.

Hopefully this helps!
While your original post is spot on , 2k has always had an issue where if you adjust the shooting sliders the players can become spastic in there movement . This also applies to other non movement sliders.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #34
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
While your original post is spot on , 2k has always had an issue where if you adjust the shooting sliders the players can become spastic in there movement . This also applies to other non movement sliders.
Absolutely, but pretty much any issue that comes up from tweaking other, non movement-related sliders can then be fixed by tweaking Game Speed, Speed/Accel, and/or the Movement sliders as needed.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #35
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Was messing around with sliders again...and I came across this input and added some tweak to it and ironically it played opposite of what I thought. The movement and reaction was excellent by the user. I played on HOF and I only adjusted the following

Game speed 65 (I know u like 58) but this works well with this set.
User / CPU
Acceleration. 35/30
Speed. 45/45

Speed with ball max. 99/94
Speed with ball min. 20/15

Acc with ball max. 99/94
Acc with ball min. 20/15

Speed without ball max 99/94
Speed without ball min. 20/15

Acc without ball max. 99/94
Acc without ball min. 20/15

I like how smooth everyone is . The boost the cpu gets caused a jittery effect from the user and this bridges the gap to stop that. Passing is more animated and the separation from defenders makes the game feel a little more wide open for shooting and fast breaks.

There are some tweaks for the cpu defense that can be implemented. The few sample games I had were very fun and I felt I was not gliding even though of the high speed and movement sliders.

Last edited by Brooke2011; 12-09-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Excellent post and discussion EccentricMeat.

I am relooking my animation sliders: I had everything even both sides of the ball, and lately, I have almost waltzed to the basket with Markelle Faultz by using an in and out crossover as a setup. Felt good, but I know Faultz is not that good yet.

Right now, I am experimenting: With ball speed is 35 less than without ball speed, and the accelerations are similar to this.

As expected, it is harder to turn the corner. The unexpected: I am seeing a lot more "scuffles" in the lane. More waist high block-steals by littles as well as bigs. More shots that turn into a 50/50 struggle to get a shot off, or sometimes it devolves into a "scrum". Great looking ugly basketball if I just charge head first without using setup moves and deception.

Super!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #37
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell31
Excellent post and discussion EccentricMeat.

I am relooking my animation sliders: I had everything even both sides of the ball, and lately, I have almost waltzed to the basket with Markelle Faultz by using an in and out crossover as a setup. Felt good, but I know Faultz is not that good yet.

Right now, I am experimenting: With ball speed is 35 less than without ball speed, and the accelerations are similar to this.

As expected, it is harder to turn the corner. The unexpected: I am seeing a lot more "scuffles" in the lane. More waist high block-steals by littles as well as bigs. More shots that turn into a 50/50 struggle to get a shot off, or sometimes it devolves into a "scrum". Great looking ugly basketball if I just charge head first without using setup moves and deception.

Super!

Yup, that’s about what I do as well. Making sure the “without ball” sliders are higher than the “with ball” sliders is crucial to getting realistic defense and more difficult gameplay. It also fixes the issue with fast breaks being OP as defenders are better able to keep up with, or outrun, the player with the ball.

Glad the thread helped!
Old 01-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

UPDATE
The scuffle is real! I have the Magic and Celtics in that first two minutes feeling out process, both teams trying to see the other's tendencies and gameplan. It is 2-0 Celtics in a Game 6 with the Magic leading the series 3-2. This slider adjustment definitely makes this feel like a playoff series where teams know each other well: No one is tricking anyone, just mano a mano punching each other in the face to see who will fall first.

The amazing thing I have not seen before in video game basketball? Jayson Tatum breaks out of the lane to spot-up for a three. I am controlling Johnathan Isaac and sensing I am a little behind and cannot give him any room, I right trigger to keep up. If I were to do this on a pick I might get a foul as the offensive player drew the charge. In this case, with no pick, just Tatum and Isaac, a "ticky-tack" foul animation is triggered: Isaac is called for touching Tatum in the back; of course, Tatum applauds the call.

Annoying? Hell yeah! Realistic? Hell yeah! Beautifully ugly? Hell yeah!
Old 02-14-2020, 12:58 AM   #39
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Just made a quick update to add more information on the Lateral Quickness slider. The short version: this slider controls how easy/difficult it is to trigger blow-by animations when attacking the basket.

If every defender is a brick wall, lower this setting. If every defender is a turnstile, increase this setting.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:32 AM   #40
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Added a brief update to the OP to give my findings for next-gen 2K21. Long story short: All the information in the OP is still accurate EXCEPT that the Acceleration attribute slider affects both on-ball AND off-ball acceleration in the same way, whereas in previous years this slider only had a noticeable affect on off-ball movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »