Home

Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE

This is a discussion on Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
There are times, when Miles does have big rebound games, unfortunately at this stage of his career, its not consistent. Some of it is due to lack of strength, he just needs to get stronger, and offensively he spends alot of time on the perimeter, so he isnt always in a good position for a putback.

I do believe in time he will be a good rebounder, he is just young, and need to get stronger.

I also think bigs tend to get overrated in rebounding, while some of your good rebounding guards and SF's tend to be too low. For instance Lance Stephenson is a very good rebounding guard, who 2k has his rebounding ratings too low.

Ive been considering a big rerate before I start MyLeague, but Im very impatient, so I usually just edit within MyLeague. I just cant decide what I want to do, as Im very OCD when it comes to stats
You're not alone. Gotta have the stats. And I would guess you would need a whole different scheme for MyLeague. As you don't want to affect those in a negative way with manipulating sliders, tendencies, etc. Just my guess because I've never tried My League. I'm a Play Now/User vs Cpu guy. I do know one thing, some of my earlier games, maybe like 3 of them, not sure if I posted them all, were vannwolfhawk's (gamertag: vannwolfhawk206) roster edits (I added my 100 defense/foul edits to his). This guy knows his stuff! Great gameplay...I probably would say the perfect rosters for 2K. I just needed fouls to be at nba league averages, so i add my touches to his. Not sure he touched rebounding disparity and also not sure what sliders he uses though. The last few games I've been using 2K's...but overall the stats are consistent on both ends.

And yes I agree the bigs are very overrated and I definitely saw way too many rebounds, well above avg each game for these guys, especially at default sliders lol... It was outrageous! You can have a guy like Rondo or whomever, sit right there with the ball in front of his hands and the bigs will snatch it magically LOL! I feel ya with the frustration. Lance is very aggressive, has strength, has body size as well which helps, and he can jump...so I would think that 2K in these areas mentioned probably made it so that these areas dont affect rebounding as much when they should!!! Myles will get there. I still believe he has that star appeal. Its in the making. Not comparing but I remember when Giannis was like that years ago, but you could see Star written all over him back then, but needed consistency and also again, a buildup of strength. And look at him now.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #26
Banned

Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

My whole thing about frustration with sliders is a narrow view, as many things have to be addressed besides that. It extends to...What Rosters are people using?...because tendencies play a huge role...settings...etc. They all work together. Its more than just one category when testing and being fully satisfied.

Another problem is people play a few minutes of one game, (I know because I used to do it LOL) and make a complete judgment without seeing it through. People are entitled to their own opinions and choose what they desire, however, see it through before making a complete judgment based on a few minutes lol. I've been posting my results as proof and not afraid to. And I will give an honest assessment. I do know one positive, I'm getting League averages in many areas.

Just using fouls as the example here...In my previous game I wasn't seeing the fouls like before, but suddenly they rolled in like a flood...simply because its life and it happens...but I didn't quit the game right away lol. Turned out wonderful. So whatever the goal is, my advice to many is to see through if you want to see results.

And if its not their cup of tea, find another.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #27
Banned

One last thing I also FORGET to load my own Roster before starting a game sometimes and end up using 2K default rosters and wondering why I'm not seeing what I want with my personal edits, then having to quit and start over....so I'm pretty sure this happens to others as well LOL!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:23 PM   #28
Banned

Update on OP:

Steals Attribute: 38
Off. Rebounding: User 9/CPU 4
Old 12-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #29
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
My whole thing about frustration with sliders is a narrow view, as many things have to be addressed besides that. It extends to...What Rosters are people using?...because tendencies play a huge role...settings...etc. They all work together. Its more than just one category when testing and being fully satisfied.

Another problem is people play a few minutes of one game, (I know because I used to do it LOL) and make a complete judgment without seeing it through. People are entitled to their own opinions and choose what they desire, however, see it through before making a complete judgment based on a few minutes lol. I've been posting my results as proof and not afraid to. And I will give an honest assessment. I do know one positive, I'm getting League averages in many areas.

Just using fouls as the example here...In my previous game I wasn't seeing the fouls like before, but suddenly they rolled in like a flood...simply because its life and it happens...but I didn't quit the game right away lol. Turned out wonderful. So whatever the goal is, my advice to many is to see through if you want to see results.

And if its not their cup of tea, find another.

I agree, tendencies are every bit as important, or even more important than attributes overall. People get too caught up in players' overall, when its not nearly as important as having accurate tendencies.

You would think with all the technology that 2ks roster ratings guys, would be able to get tendencies right, to get the most realistic gameplay, but sadly they do as bad a job with tendencies as they do ratings

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-01-2017, 02:45 AM   #30
Rookie

i love this edits when actually playing, but im afraid that when simming games in myleague it would mean way too many fouls?
Old 12-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I agree, tendencies are every bit as important, or even more important than attributes overall. People get too caught up in players' overall, when its not nearly as important as having accurate tendencies.

You would think with all the technology that 2ks roster ratings guys, would be able to get tendencies right, to get the most realistic gameplay, but sadly they do as bad a job with tendencies as they do ratings
Speaking of attributes vs tendencies importance, that would be the case of someone, for example, lets say Zach Lavine...In real life, *Attributes* wise, we all know he is a great high flying dunker with style (Most suitable for dunk contests. However, *Tendency* wise (or quantity-wise, making up a word lol) he doesn't always poster over anyone in-game. I'm not saying he never does any as I have seen highlights and watched games, but I'm just piggy backing on the emphasis of the confusion of ratings/attributes vs tendencies (quantity & likelihood). Most would confuse it and justify that Lavine *always* dunks on someone because he is a great dunker style wise and become over excessive with both his ratings and tendencies together.

Last edited by devroyce; 12-01-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvikl7
i love this edits when actually playing, but im afraid that when simming games in myleague it would mean way too many fouls?
In the OP it states...

"FOR WHO: PLAY NOW - USER vs CPU - 48 Minute Games"

Thanks for trying them, and commenting. I'm not sure how these would affect MyLeague (Simulated games)...as I have never tried that mode. However, I am more than willing to try it given the time. What "mode" of MyLeague are you playing on?...because I see MyGM Next Chapter, MyLeague, MyLeague Online, Start Today, Season, Playoffs.

Last edited by devroyce; 12-01-2017 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »