Home

Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE

This is a discussion on Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Those turnover stats look really good. Are you seeing shooting fouls on attempted 3's. This is the 1 area, where I havent been able to fix, with my sliders.
Not sure I want to go into player edits, and get that drastic with player individual edits, but I think Im going to incorporate some of your slider settings, in mine, to see how it goes.

I hadnt really wanted to lower the CPU passing accuracy below 20 or 25, but maybe thats what I need to get turnovers up a tad more. Like you I put my hands sliders low, which helps with both turnovers, and I think it helps with keeping bigs rebound totals a tad lower, because at default, bigs who arent good rebounders IRL constantly are grabbing 14+ rebounds per game. Seemingly every game Myles Turner is grabbing 14 or more rebounds for me, and IRL he isnt a great rebounder, but in the game, he rebounds like Wilt,lol.
Yeah I noticed that too with Myles Turner. Once in a while, I do expect to see outrageous numbers because it is the NBA and it happens in real life, even with players who unusually post big stats...but I understand, and it could be his rebounding tendencies/ratings. I have screenshots of that Nets Vs Pacers player/game stats I posted in another thread, but will post again here so you'd see.

And yes, lowering hands attributes were a very very key component in contributing to turnovers. For me, I wanted to see more of a "chance" that CPU would make passing mistakes because in real life they don't always make perfect passes, with perfect possessions, and perfect catches. I wanted to capture the not so perfect side where they operate like humans. Sometimes we make sloppy plays in real life lol. CPU shouldn't have it any easier than the User.

As far as the drastic changes, I'm seeing results. Better results than 2K. We all scream for realism so much on OS, but if something yields the correct results, resembling real life both gameplay and stats, because you can't have one without the other, then I'm all in on it, and why not have it? I've seen some beautiful roster creations and sliders from many on here lately, but the fouls are not addressed. Here is the golden chance to make the game as realistic as we can get it within its limits. And so far, in the beginning stages, these tendency changes are yielding the total number of team fouls that I expect to see in a real game on average. However, I do expect to see it fall short sometimes as it does in real life. But total fouls should reach closer to 20 consistently with a range between 17 to 24. One of my games were a record breaker of 28 fouls for the CAVS, without intentionals, within 48 minutes, as you see in the sceeenshots above. I've never seen this happen in this game before, nor have I ever seen the league average for both User and Cpu until I made these edits. I'm excited and ready to see what happens.

Sorry for the long post but just needed to express that. I hope these come out great! I cant forget to thank you for feedback also! It counts!

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #10
Banned

Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

Here are screenshots for Nets vs Pacers:

1258644.png
1016055.png1016810.png902442.png922596.png
Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
Banned

Screenshots of a game I forgot to post (CPU Passing Accuracy slider was at 5 during this game and only 6 turnovers, very odd lol):

1209324.png896295.png936964.png1149413.png909724.png

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 04:01 PM   #12
Banned

This game is an example of a lower than average amount but one team still reached 17 even at that:

1390292.png

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #13
Banned

Guess, I gotta find a way to post video clips now because the forum won't support its format LOL. I was trying to post a clip of foul on 3's. I'm not sure how many I have, as I wished I recorded the others I have seen. I am surely getting more fouls on jumpshots than I used to. Though I believe fouls on J's will always be a sore spot because of the way 2K develops this game.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
Banned

Made a change to Defensive Consistency from 65 to 70 on the OP. 65 was a typo.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Yeah I noticed that too with Myles Turner. Once in a while, I do expect to see outrageous numbers because it is the NBA and it happens in real life, even with players who unusually post big stats...but I understand, and could be his rebounding tendencies/ratings. I have screenshots of that Nets Vs Pacers player/game stats I posted in another thread, but will post again here so you'd see.

And yes, lowering hands attributes were a very very key component in contributing to turnovers. For me, I wanted to see more of a "chance" that CPU would make passing mistakes because in real life they don't always make perfect passes, with perfect possessions, and perfect catches. I wanted to capture the not so perfect side where they operate like humans. Sometimes we make sloppy plays in real life lol. CPU shouldn't have it any easier than the User.

As far as the drastic changes, I'm seeing results. Better results than 2K. We all scream for realism so much on OS, but if something yields the correct results, resembling real life both gameplay and stats, because you can't have one without the other, then I'm all in on it, and why not have it? I've seen some beautiful roster creations and sliders from many on here lately, but the fouls are not addressed. Here is the golden chance to make the game as realistic as we can get it eithin its limits. And so far, in the beginning stages, these tendency changes are yielding the total number of team fouls that I expect to see in a real game on average. However, I do expect to see it fall short sometimes as it does in real life. But total fouls should reach closer to 20 consistently with a range between 17 to 24. One of my games were a record breaker of 28 fouls for the CAVS as you see in the sceeenshots above. I've never seen this happen in this game before, nor have I ever seen the league average for both User and Cpu until I made these edits. I'm excited and ready to see what happens.

Sorry for the long post but just needed to express that. I hope these come out great! I cant forget to thank you for feedback also! It counts!

Its funny, you see people on here, who say they want it to replicate real life, but yet when the devs actually do get it right, then these clowns complain, saying there are too many turnovers, to many fouls, why do I keep losing the ball when Im in the paint,lol.

Honestly I tend to think those of us who actually do want realism, is in the minority sadly. Just too many ignorant kids these days, and unfortunately 9/10 times, the devs cater to the casual fools, over the true fans of the game.

You are right, there is some very poorly rated players, in both attributes and tendencies, to where you basically need to rerate them if you want to get better stats. Miles Turner, rebounding is a tad high, while Sabonis is a tad low, unless they have changed it recently in a update, but I dont think so.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 05:34 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Its funny, you see people on here, who say they want it to replicate real life, but yet when the devs actually do get it right, then these clowns complain, saying there are too many turnovers, to many fouls, why do I keep losing the ball when Im in the paint,lol.

Honestly I tend to think those of us who actually do want realism, is in the minority sadly. Just too many ignorant kids these days, and unfortunately 9/10 times, the devs cater to the casual fools, over the true fans of the game.

You are right, there is some very poorly rated players, in both attributes and tendencies, to where you basically need to rerate them if you want to get better stats. Miles Turner, rebounding is a tad high, while Sabonis is a tad low, unless they have changed it recently in a update, but I dont think so.
Yeah I'm quite skeptical about the rebounding of those guys as well. What I do believe happens is some of it is based on hype...no offense to what he can do in that area of the game...but what we actually see. For example only, lets say I don't get to see the Pacers play often, and I might see them only when playing on National TV, that one player might go off or post some extraordinary stats and after that game I will base my opinion only on those few games because they are the only games I've witnessed that player. Thats what starts the hype and the casual gamers literally run with it. And yes I agree and believe that the devs know how to get it right at this point especially with all the tools provided and the fact that we are to come up with some amazing results within our limits alone! But yes, the mass...they get what they want. Lol.

Recently, I was watching a Miami vs Bulls game on TV...and I actually focused on all those mishaps you mentioned in the first paragraph. Guess what? Those mistakes were actually happening right out the gate lol.

Timeline of that game:

-Tip off landed out of bounds.
-Josh Richardson air balled a layup.
-Justin Holiday dropped a pass out of bounds thereafter.
-Dion Waiters loses the ball (dribbling) out of bounds
-Hassan Whiteside deflected a pass out of bounds.

At that point, the score was tied at 3-3 with 9:30 remaining in the first qtr!!! All those mishaps in under 3 minutes!

And yes there are teams who do have somewhat "perfect qtrs" of basketball and its perfectly possible. However, what we explained above is the kind of realism I want to see in this game from time to time. Not that perfect basketball every game I play. Agreed.

Last edited by devroyce; 12-01-2017 at 08:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »