Home

HISTORICAL problem in the foul system

This is a discussion on HISTORICAL problem in the foul system within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2017, 04:21 AM   #25
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: HISTORICAL problem in the foul system

You're not going to get 30 fouls per game without relying on shooting fouls. It just won't happen in this game. To get that many fouls you as the user would have to incorporate using intentional fouls as a defensive strategy (such as on the fast break or when you need to sub in a player). AND you'd need the CPU to do the same, which is just not something coded into the game.

Stop being so worried about hitting a certain number of fouls. As long as FTs are realistic and fouls are called when they should be, who cares if you got 18 fouls or 21 in that game?

Sorry but you just can't account for the 5+ strategic intentional fouls per game that each team does IRL in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
You're not going to get 30 fouls per game without relying on shooting fouls. It just won't happen in this game. To get that many fouls you as the user would have to incorporate using intentional fouls as a defensive strategy (such as on the fast break or when you need to sub in a player). AND you'd need the CPU to do the same, which is just not something coded into the game.

Stop being so worried about hitting a certain number of fouls. As long as FTs are realistic and fouls are called when they should be, who cares if you got 18 fouls or 21 in that game?

Sorry but you just can't account for the 5+ strategic intentional fouls per game that each team does IRL in this game.

no 30, but 20 avg per team is the standard for an nba match, it's absolutly frequent in a real nba have per team 24 fouls

i know perfectly that the number of the free throws are ok in this game,
a little few out of the box, but we can reach the right number by the sliders

The real problem is that in the realistic game, a lot of this free throws coming from non-shooting fouls with the bonus active, in this game instead, they ALL come from shooting foul situation,
and if we have a team that doesn't attack the basket a lot, so there aren't a lot of shooting situation where fouls are called, the final team stats will be under 10

this is the real problem

But ok, maybe I'm pretending too much

Last edited by penny80; 09-19-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #27
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
no 30, but 20 avg per team is the standard for an nba match, it's absolutly frequent in a real nba have per team 24 fouls

i know perfectly that the number of the free throws are ok in this game,
a little few out of the box, but we can reach the right number by the sliders

The real problem is that in the realistic game, a lot of this free throws coming from non-shooting fouls with the bonus active, in this game instead, they ALL come from shooting foul situation,
and if we have a team that doesn't attack the basket a lot, so there aren't a lot of shooting situation where fouls are called, the final team stats will be under 10

this is the real problem

But ok, maybe I'm pretending too much

As I said, in order to reliably have enough fouls so that free throws are coming from bonus situations and not just fouls on shots/layups, both the USER and CPU would have to incorporate intentional fouls as a defensive strategy from time to time.

The game is simply not coded to do that, so until then we can never make it 100% sim when it comes to fouls. The best we can do is compensate by having too many reach in and blocking/charging fouls coupled with too many shooting fouls.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
As I said, in order to reliably have enough fouls so that free throws are coming from bonus situations and not just fouls on shots/layups, both the USER and CPU would have to incorporate intentional fouls as a defensive strategy from time to time.

The game is simply not coded to do that, so until then we can never make it 100% sim when it comes to fouls. The best we can do is compensate by having too many reach in and blocking/charging fouls coupled with too many shooting fouls.
Exactly. Don't let fouls ruin the experience for you. It's the one area we would need to rely on 2k themselves to fix. I surely won't stress it this year.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #29
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Should we bump every foul slider to 100? Including shooting fouls? Won't that get alot of players fouled out?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
No.

In 2K17 I upped everything to 100

Shooting Fouls 80
Reaching 65

Increase the reach in attempts slider for both HUM/CPU
Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
No.

In 2K17 I upped everything to 100

Shooting Fouls 80
Reaching 65

Increase the reach in attempts slider for both HUM/CPU
Have you tried it in 2k18?
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #31
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

LOL like the devs touched it. Ha. Uh no.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 05:01 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
The game is simply not coded to do that
we are definitely saying the same thing, we can not do anything to fix this defect, it would force too much and make the situation worse

it's a development problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »