Home

NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #25
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by freely11
Try turning the offensive and defensive rebounds to 0 for both user and cpu. It usually fixes it. You can also turn the vertical off also
Freely, have you had better balance with this? Let us know what kind of stats you're getting. I was going ot try this also in my GM Mode. I had C and Pf's guys getting 25-30 rebound a game. UGH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19

for the past several versions of 2k18.
Ive always set the rebounding like this. defensive rebounds tend to be at 5 to 1 clip in the NBA.
so I always set
offensive rebound to 5
defensive rebound to 1.

you can set your defensive box assist settings to whatever you like. I like mine at 0. always remember to box out as soon as the shot goes up. if not youll get killed on the boards.

with these sliders the league has always ended up in the NBA average. ive always ended up averaging around 43 boards per game, with about 7 offensive boards. Now of course some games will get you more than the average but by season end the averages pan out.

Im only a few games in on my current gm/my league modes so i dont know how this year will pan out yet.

and yes the offensive rebounding, being greater than the, defensive rebounding is correct. again I dont know how this will pan out with this years version of 2k18
Old 09-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #27
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Screenshot_20170927-111647.png

Rebounding isn't off but by much 2k is just adding team rebounds to total rebounds instead of having a separate stat for it in the team comparison screen.

If I subtract TEAM rebounds from total rebounds (defensive rebounds and offensive reboubds) that are actually recovered an not have gone out of bounds I'm getting correct rebound averages with hands at 25 and offensive rebounds slightly lower than defensive rebounds in the sliders along with vertical at 40. It's making for some good rebounding battles that wind up with some going out of bounds.

Last edited by cam21224; 09-27-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #28
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
for the past several versions of 2k18.
Ive always set the rebounding like this. defensive rebounds tend to be at 5 to 1 clip in the NBA.
so I always set
offensive rebound to 5
defensive rebound to 1.

you can set your defensive box assist settings to whatever you like. I like mine at 0. always remember to box out as soon as the shot goes up. if not youll get killed on the boards.

with these sliders the league has always ended up in the NBA average. ive always ended up averaging around 43 boards per game, with about 7 offensive boards. Now of course some games will get you more than the average but by season end the averages pan out.

Im only a few games in on my current gm/my league modes so i dont know how this year will pan out yet.

and yes the offensive rebounding, being greater than the, defensive rebounding is correct. again I dont know how this will pan out with this years version of 2k18
good input. thank you. but in general you're saying the lower the sliders for rebounds I should have more balance?
Old 09-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
good input. thank you. but in general you're saying the lower the sliders for rebounds I should have more balance?
that what Ive found. also in past versions with the lower number youd get more of the rebounds not being cleanly grabbed so youd get that 3/4 players going for the ball more often. looked more organic. I also had my vertical at 0. but that is a user preference thing.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #30
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
Attachment 141261

Rebounding isn't off but by much 2k is just adding team rebounds to total rebounds instead of having a separate stat for it in the team comparison screen.

If I subtract TEAM rebounds from total rebounds (defensive rebounds and offensive reboubds) that are actually recovered an not have gone out of bounds I'm getting correct rebound averages with hands at 25 and offensive rebounds slightly lower than defensive rebounds in the sliders along with vertical at 40. It's making for some good rebounding battles that wind up with some going out of bounds.
On your other post I lowered
Vertical - 40
Hands - 25
Hustle - 65/55

Like you said and I lowered the hands and vertical and adjusted hustle, I also changed the offensive rebounds to 1 and defensive to 3. I had very balanced rebounding game last night and felt great. Highest guy had 13 rebounds. But I had other players chipping in with 9-5 rebounds. Key is those sliders and lowering those OFF and DEF rebounds for sure in the sliders.

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 09-28-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #31
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjackson18
I played a game last night vs the Pelicans i was GS. Cousins and Davis combined out rebounded my whole team by themselves. felt ridiculous. team stats showed they had 24 offensive boards to my 4. the game before that the rockets had twice as many OREB than i did. but i have always had a rebound issue with 2k and i usually adjust will some slight slider changes.
I play with Pels and Cousins average 18 rebound per game in 3 games, I got 26 rebounds with him 1 game. Too easy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
On your other post I lowered
Vertical - 40
Hands - 25
Hustle - 65/55

Like you said and I lowered the hands and vertical and adjusted hustle, I also changed the offensive rebounds to 1 and defensive to 3. I had very balanced rebounding game last night and felt great. Highest guy had 13 rebounds. But I had other players chipping in with 9-5 rebounds. Key is those sliders and lowering those OFF and DEF rebounds for sure in the sliders.
Are you seeing over the back fouls with those sliders? I'm afraid to lower the rebounding sliders that low because I think it will impact how aggressive players act when going after a rebound. I already rarely see over the back fouls, if any, so I'm not sure what to do.

Also, are you seeing more balls go out of bounds off players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »