Home

NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18: REBOUNDS STATS

For rebound stats it's very important to correlate it with league average FGA of 84, FG% of 44-46?, FTA of 24 (indirect measure of shooting fouls) for a team each game. More than 84 FGA would mean more RPG assuming consistent FG% and FTA.

Avg total rebounds (offensive, defensive, team combined) is 51

Having said that, based on my 2k17 experience, teams tend to go over the RPG threshold almost always and also one particular player tends to hoard the majority of the rebounds. For example, a good rebounder such as Cousins should be aiming for 20-25% of the total team rebounds but in 2k17 he would take 30-40% of it. Same pattern in 2k18 is what I hear....

Still debating on buying 2k18.

Last edited by grahf21; 10-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

You guys are arguing two entirely different things: Rebounds in played games and sim stats in MyLeague (or myCareeer or MyGM) !

Simmed stats are kinda, sorta ok i would say and can certainly be influenced. But yes, in played games there is a significant bias towards Big Men and especially Centers due to two things mainly: Not enough long rebounds (despite many long shots) and not enough help committed by Bigs / too quick of a recovery. There also is no "box out/rebound tendency", IRL Bigs are boxing out more for others than they do in 2K and if they do, they still get to the ball because the lack of long rebounds and their reaction time.

It has been the same last year and it can't really be influenced by sliders since it's issues lie with the rebounding mechanics.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #19
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0

Was just playing vs the clippers, deandre jordan shot a fade away turnaround jumper, from the free throw line and I instantly went for the rebound, no contest, he somehow magically morphed to the ball and didn’t a windmill outback dunk. I wouldn’t recorded it but I turned off my Xbox instantly
Old 09-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try turning the offensive and defensive rebounds to 0 for both user and cpu. It usually fixes it. You can also turn the vertical off also
Old 09-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #21
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by freely11
Try turning the offensive and defensive rebounds to 0 for both user and cpu. It usually fixes it. You can also turn the vertical off also
No, don't do that. That's a terrible bandaid "fix".

Simply balance the disparity between USER and CPU rebounding so that it's even. And then fix the issues leading to too many rebounds in general (too many FGA, too low FG%, not enough FTs, etc.)

I've got an update to my slider set coming out soon that is giving me even rebounding stats with the CPU and about 45 rebounds per game (per team) on average.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do guards with high rebounds in real life, eg Westbrook, manage to get 10 boards a game? 2k17 the answer was no, how bout this version?
Old 09-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #23
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I want to test at 0 for both teams to see if that makes rebounding more sloppy; and the ball goes out of bounds more.

Im also bumping up turnovers as they are too low and this is inflating FGAs.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

I had this issue, but what fixed it for me is turning up the box out assist setting in the controls, and HOLDING it until the rebound is secured. EVEN if your player you are controlling is away from the ball...it seems to help the CPU also. I think 2k did this to help simulate sun fundamentals. Prior to this, the CPU averaged like 25 Orebs per 48 minute games

Personally, I never recommend excessive slider tweaks (0 or 100 sliders). The game is so balanced so when something like this is noticeable, the fix is usually not the obvious and that is band aid fix solving the Result not the Cause.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »