Home

Body up sensitivity at zero

This is a discussion on Body up sensitivity at zero within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2018, 02:27 AM   #17
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Body up sensitivity at zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
The guy on NLSC said this,

"Bro, i been experimenting with various sliders for the last 10 days or so, and i can tell you the game isn't as bad now, for trying to make the game play the way i want it, i think i've turned into john nash jr along the way haha

Want to stop the drives?

Lower the driving contact shot frequency, & inside contact shot frequency to below 34
tougher CPU on defense, raise the defensive consistency & defensive awareness & help defense sliders
Better Cpu on offense raise the offensive awareness to 60 or 65 and you'll see the CPU make slicing passes, no look passes,...
"

And when asked wouldn't lowering these sliders make it easier

"Yes it actually surprised me, but it does work differently than common sense,

Lower Contact Shot frequency & Lower inside shot frequency = More resistence on drives

Btw these two tabs are also linked with the Body-up sensitivity tab'

Meaning You have to also lower the body-up sensitivity below 45 as well, i found a sweet spot would be

Lower Contact shot frequency - 33 & Below
Body up-sensitivity - 40 & below

If you want to completely negate the easy drives, you can raise the "Help Defense", although that would open you up to winger 3-pointers

I'm working on some Drive & Kick Sliders to mimic the current common NBA scheme, that relies on driving and kicking to the 3-pointer, will post it when its done, its been driving me mad with all the experimenting, but i'm close
"

This is for 2k18, I see thread started while playing 2k17, and I got to say it doesnt' surprise me as I know I put all the defensive sliders att 100 and it wasn't harder at all. I am playing with Schnaidt sliders which have body up sensitivity at 11 and it's actually not that easy to go past defenders. Something that definetly needs more testing
I don't agree with his findings. Setting the Contact Shot Frequency sliders low as well as Body Up Sensitivity, the game just doesn't trigger enough animations. Sure it might be "more difficult" in the sense that the defender isn't in any animation and can thus get a cleaner shot contest, but it looks and feels terrible to see two players ignore each other's presence when they run into each other.

I've been testing perimeter defense/getting into the paint pretty thoroughly today, and the solution is the Movement sliders.

Setting the Speed/Acceleration with Ball sliders lower, and setting the Speed/Acceleration without Ball sliders higher, defenders are able to keep up with the ballhandler and beat them to the spot. Coupled with having the Body Up slider and Contact Shot Frequency sliders set high, you get great defense AND great animations.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #18
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Could be, but I have to agree with him on one thing, I don't know if it's the patches, tuning or maybe just people figuring out how sliders work and how to produce better gameplay, but game does feel better right now than it did, it's not as easy as it used to be, now sometimes I still have that thing that I hate probably the most about 2k18 defense is the defending of the pick and roll, I don't know what triggers that, cause CPU sometimes rotates so nicely, really covers up the key spots, or just switches the pick and roll and it does work, but sometimes I just get the open lane to the basket after the pick and roll and help doesn't come, no one rotates, it's just an easy uncontested layup like i'm in the practice.

https://streamable.com/10qyu

This is what I mean by that. Now as I said that doesn't really happen that often right now but when it does I really hate it, feels like I am cheating but that's just a basic pick and roll. The most enjoyable games I have had with this game were the ones where CPU defense was the best, couple of days ago I played against the Utah and I lost but man I enjoyed every minute of that loss. Do you think that this can be if not eliminated then reduced with the sliders?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #19
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I don't agree with his findings. Setting the Contact Shot Frequency sliders low as well as Body Up Sensitivity, the game just doesn't trigger enough animations. Sure it might be "more difficult" in the sense that the defender isn't in any animation and can thus get a cleaner shot contest, but it looks and feels terrible to see two players ignore each other's presence when they run into each other.

I've been testing perimeter defense/getting into the paint pretty thoroughly today, and the solution is the Movement sliders.

Setting the Speed/Acceleration with Ball sliders lower, and setting the Speed/Acceleration without Ball sliders higher, defenders are able to keep up with the ballhandler and beat them to the spot. Coupled with having the Body Up slider and Contact Shot Frequency sliders set high, you get great defense AND great animations.
I can attest to seeing these effects from these particular sliders.
I'd add on by saying Hustle plays a big difference in responsiveness particularly on Defense. I play with User Hustle lower than CPU to try to account for "stick skill'.

Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2020, 06:29 AM   #20
Pro

Digging up an old post from 2 years ago; found this on Google search.

I put the Driving and Inside frequency sliders at 33 for both User and CPU and the Dribbler Sensitivity at 40 for 2K20 -- game plays really good. Kind of hard to make shots now as I keep seeing contested shots ranging from 40-60% range. Even had trouble scoring with KD, I really needed space (set screens, etc). Worth experimenting with. Maybe the less animations the better?

PS: only tested as the Nets vs Raptors in scrimmage on All Star difficulty with the modifications

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »