Home

Body up sensitivity at zero

This is a discussion on Body up sensitivity at zero within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Body up sensitivity at zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Just for perimeter and driving contact animations. Contact on layups has to do with the Defense slider section.
Does Body Up Sensitivity have any impact when backing down an opponent in the paint using the post up trigger?

Seems like the defender is easier to bump out of the way easier than it should be with that set to default...

My perimeter and drive related stuff is interacting "as intended", I'm just curious as to how to best mitigate the post issue described...

Thanks, BTW...I always enjoy your sets / threads / insights with regard to "all things 2k"...

Old 04-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

As with so many of these sliders, it's a tough balance. Having it at 100 will decrease the weird experience of running straight into a defender but not triggering any animation. However, it will also reduce the frequency of smoothly blowing by a defender to the side.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #11
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Does Body Up Sensitivity have any impact when backing down an opponent in the paint using the post up trigger?

Seems like the defender is easier to bump out of the way easier than it should be with that set to default...

My perimeter and drive related stuff is interacting "as intended", I'm just curious as to how to best mitigate the post issue described...

Thanks, BTW...I always enjoy your sets / threads / insights with regard to "all things 2k"...

Hmm, I haven't noticed any low-post related issues with it set at 100. Are you saying that it's easier to back your way closer to the basket with it set higher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
As with so many of these sliders, it's a tough balance. Having it at 100 will decrease the weird experience of running straight into a defender but not triggering any animation. However, it will also reduce the frequency of smoothly blowing by a defender to the side.
I respectfully disagree. It's still VERY easy to get past a defender and have the game trigger a ride-the-hip animation, you just need to make sure you offset the CPU Speed and Acceleration boosts so that they can't constantly beat you to the side you attack. This is why my slider sets always give the User an advantage in Speed/Accel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 02:56 AM   #12
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

The guy on NLSC said this,

"Bro, i been experimenting with various sliders for the last 10 days or so, and i can tell you the game isn't as bad now, for trying to make the game play the way i want it, i think i've turned into john nash jr along the way haha

Want to stop the drives?

Lower the driving contact shot frequency, & inside contact shot frequency to below 34
tougher CPU on defense, raise the defensive consistency & defensive awareness & help defense sliders
Better Cpu on offense raise the offensive awareness to 60 or 65 and you'll see the CPU make slicing passes, no look passes,...
"

And when asked wouldn't lowering these sliders make it easier

"Yes it actually surprised me, but it does work differently than common sense,

Lower Contact Shot frequency & Lower inside shot frequency = More resistence on drives

Btw these two tabs are also linked with the Body-up sensitivity tab'

Meaning You have to also lower the body-up sensitivity below 45 as well, i found a sweet spot would be

Lower Contact shot frequency - 33 & Below
Body up-sensitivity - 40 & below

If you want to completely negate the easy drives, you can raise the "Help Defense", although that would open you up to winger 3-pointers

I'm working on some Drive & Kick Sliders to mimic the current common NBA scheme, that relies on driving and kicking to the 3-pointer, will post it when its done, its been driving me mad with all the experimenting, but i'm close
"

This is for 2k18, I see thread started while playing 2k17, and I got to say it doesnt' surprise me as I know I put all the defensive sliders att 100 and it wasn't harder at all. I am playing with Schnaidt sliders which have body up sensitivity at 11 and it's actually not that easy to go past defenders. Something that definetly needs more testing
Old 04-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #13
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Hmm, I haven't noticed any low-post related issues with it set at 100. Are you saying that it's easier to back your way closer to the basket with it set higher?
I'm saying that with Body Up at default (50) it's easier to back them down than before this slider was implemented (NBA2k16, etc.)...

So I'm wondering if higher Body Up settings will mitigate that or if it's related to something else (On Ball D, for instance)...

I'm going to mess around with it, but was wondering if anyone already had something definitive on that...

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm saying that with Body Up at default (50) it's easier to back them down than before this slider was implemented (NBA2k16, etc.)...

So I'm wondering if higher Body Up settings will mitigate that or if it's related to something else (On Ball D, for instance)...

I'm going to mess around with it, but was wondering if anyone already had something definitive on that...

Thanks!
Ahh I see what you're saying. I have it at 100 and I rarely am able to back my way close to the basket with ease. The vast majority of the time it's a pretty even battle (unless there's a mismatch of course), and I get a good push back after the first or second bump.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:39 PM   #15
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I have the CPU on 100 and User on 0

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Ahh I see what you're saying. I have it at 100 and I rarely am able to back my way close to the basket with ease. The vast majority of the time it's a pretty even battle (unless there's a mismatch of course), and I get a good push back after the first or second bump.
BINGO

Yeah, it's looking to me to be a combo of Body Up and On Ball D that affects this interaction...

If you go too far below default on both / either, the defender looses their relative "weight" in the paint...

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »